Thread: OEM Xenon to HID Depo Headlights Question - Want to Purchase E90

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe

OEM Xenon to HID Depo Headlights Question - Want to Purchase E90

Hey guys,

I'm on the fence about purchasing a 2007 335i sedan. I love everything about the car except for the fugly amber corners. I have searched and searched for a possible fix. The model I'm looking at has OEM Xenons with AHL. I've read that you can open them up (if you're careful) and paint them, not really something I want to do.

I was looking at some of the Depo V2 and V3 on ebay and I do happen to like the look of those especially because of the clear corners. Would I be able to install those and use the H7s instead while coding out the OEM Xenons?

I know, I know, I'm stepping down from the factory AHL, I get it. But I am not really wanting to shell out $1200-2100 for euro style oem AHL that will possibly need to be coded as well.

If this can be done or there is some other better suggestion, please let me know, I'm trying to decide by this weekend whether to purchase the car or not.

Thanks in advance.

My Cars
    '09 E92 335
    Look at OSS Designs:

http://www.ossdesigns.net/index.html

Ship your headlights to them, they will open them up, update your AE's, black-out the sliver and remove the amber corners for you. Cheaper than Depo, and you maintain your OEM headlights.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe
    Thanks for the reply. I think you just helped me make my decision.

My Cars
    '09 E92 335
    Glad to hear it, they do amazing work from what many people have said over on e90post. A bonus is the LED AE's that just look amazing in addition to removing that hideous orange reflector.