Thread: US to EU bumper conversion?

My Cars
    84 733, 90 535i

US to EU bumper conversion?

Is there a write up for US to EU bumper conversion? I could not find a thread for both sides of work necessary, only of front and sometimes there are image breaks. Or is this very straight forward.

To Chris: not sure if you're on this forum but thank you for the bumpers, will be restoring/repainting them before I install

My Cars
    '83 735i, '98 V70 Volvo
    I know D-Unit is currently doing this conversion. Perhaps you can pm him.

you might check on mye28.com. there's a number of e23 enthusiasts there too: Nebraska_e28, Vance, geordi, T_C_D are a few that come to mind.

If you get something, post it up for the community.

Good luck!

My Cars
    01 dinan 7 sport, 83 733
    I have a build thread that I haven't updated in a while over at stanceworks. Search bmw e23 build. I have the pics up for the conversion.

My Cars
    e23 e36 e46
    email mpvibes at yahoo he bought a set of euro bumpers from me and has a complete write-up in Microsft Word Document with step-by-step, notes and pictures.

My Cars
    e23, e28, e36
    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeCamber View Post
    I have a build thread that I haven't updated in a while over at stanceworks. Search bmw e23 build. I have the pics up for the conversion.
    When I did mine, I followed Eric's thread at Stanceworks... You should start with the rear since it's surprisingly very easy. Where in Cali are you from btw?

My Cars
    '83 735i, '98 V70 Volvo
    Quote Originally Posted by D Unit View Post
    When I did mine, I followed Eric's thread at Stanceworks... You should start with the rear since it's surprisingly very easy. Where in Cali are you from btw?
    did you complete your swap?

My Cars
    2000 M5, 2001 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeCamber View Post

Just to make life easy

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=25
    2000 BMW M5 Evolve Alpha-N Tune, Evolve Carbon Fiber CAI's, UUC Short Throw Shifter, Dinan Front STB, Dinan Rear Sway Bar
    2001 BMW 330i ​Dynavin N7 Pro

1985 BMW 745i 18" Style 37's, Team745i Chip, Getrag 265/6, Clutchmasters FX-300, UUC Short Throw Shifter, Strut Tower Bar, Bilstein HD's ("Build" Thread")(SOLD)
    1986 BMW 735i Getrag 265/6 Swap, Strut Tower Bar, Bilstein HD's, Euro F/R Conversion, 3.46 L/S Diff (Scrapped)

2016 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack Stock
    2004 Mercury Marauder
    Eaton M112, 3.4 Billetflow upper, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, 4.10's, Stainless Works LT's, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, FX-R projectors, Addco F/R swaybars
    2003 Mercury Marauder JLT CAI, SCT Xcal4, Stainless Works LT's, SW 2.5" Catback
    1996 Ford Bronco
    4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, MH1 projectors

My Cars
    84 733, 90 535i
    thanks for the responses

I've checked that article before, it seems i'm missing the euro mounting brackets. Gotta either make something or just can't run it.

I'm in the bay norcal.

also emailed mpvibes@yahoo, awaiting response

Would euro bumpers have saved me from a parking lot idiot like the US impacts? Some asshat in a van backed into my bumper and car shifted/lurched as if it were to stall in first gear. No visual damage was noticeable.

@offroadkarter I've seen your Marauder maybe few years ago on youtube, interesting you're on this forum too lol
    Last edited by Furreals; 04-12-2015 at 01:57 PM.

My Cars
    e23, e28, e36
    Quote Originally Posted by Furreals View Post
    thanks for the responses

I've checked that article before, it seems i'm missing the euro mounting brackets. Gotta either make something or just can't run it.

I'm in the bay norcal.

also emailed mpvibes@yahoo, awaiting response

Would euro bumpers have saved me from a parking lot idiot like the US impacts? Some asshat in a van backed into my bumper and car shifted/lurched as if it were to stall in first gear. No visual damage was noticeable.

@offroadkarter I've seen your Marauder maybe few years ago on youtube, interesting you're on this forum too lol
    The e23 euro brackets are still available I believe... and IIRC they are dirt cheap.

My Cars
    2000 M5, 2001 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Furreals View Post

It tends to get around

Also the euro bumpers are not as strong as the US bumpers so if you get hit, expect a little damage. The only good thing about those US bumpers is they will fend off any other cars, the euro bumpers are so close to the body and so thin they just won't hold up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by D Unit View Post
    The e23 euro brackets are still available I believe... and IIRC they are dirt cheap.

I bought rear brackets not long ago for mine, I am pretty sure they are all still available.
    2000 BMW M5 Evolve Alpha-N Tune, Evolve Carbon Fiber CAI's, UUC Short Throw Shifter, Dinan Front STB, Dinan Rear Sway Bar
    2001 BMW 330i ​Dynavin N7 Pro

1985 BMW 745i 18" Style 37's, Team745i Chip, Getrag 265/6, Clutchmasters FX-300, UUC Short Throw Shifter, Strut Tower Bar, Bilstein HD's ("Build" Thread")(SOLD)
    1986 BMW 735i Getrag 265/6 Swap, Strut Tower Bar, Bilstein HD's, Euro F/R Conversion, 3.46 L/S Diff (Scrapped)

2016 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack Stock
    2004 Mercury Marauder
    Eaton M112, 3.4 Billetflow upper, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, 4.10's, Stainless Works LT's, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, FX-R projectors, Addco F/R swaybars
    2003 Mercury Marauder JLT CAI, SCT Xcal4, Stainless Works LT's, SW 2.5" Catback
    1996 Ford Bronco
    4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, MH1 projectors

My Cars
    1995 M3, 1985 745i , S13 240sx sr20det
    Fyi i still got those euro bumpers for sale pick up only. Two sets for $200, one early one late. Beat up but useable and you can sell the extra parts to recoup.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-
    <GO...JIC Cross Coilovers- UUC RCAB, AKG FCAB, Rogue Engineering TM bushings- AA Gen3 Exhaust- Dinan F&R Strut Bars- Dinan F&R Sway Bars- X-Brace- Mishimoto Rad- BBS RK 17x8"- TRM Chip- Dinan BBTB- DIY CAI- JP Performance Headers- 21.5 injectors- JB Racing Flywheel- Bimmerworld TB boot- 540i MAF><SHOW...OE euro clear exterior lights- Depo w/ HID- Hurricane Alcantara interior- Stereo (Kenwood,Sony,MB Quart,Rockford Fosgate,JL Audio)- Black kidneys- Euro 3 Spoke- ZHP Knob- AutoDim Mirror>

My Cars
    87 535i/84 €735i/8
    Quote Originally Posted by leadphut View Post
    I know D-Unit is currently doing this conversion. Perhaps you can pm him.

you might check on mye28.com. there's a number of e23 enthusiasts there too: Nebraska_e28, Vance, geordi, T_C_D are a few that come to mind.

If you get something, post it up for the community.

Good luck!
    You make me sad, you saw my car, but maybe didn't put this username together with ElGuappo on MyE28.
    Buy the brackets, euro bumpers are quite easy to install, the rears are stupid easy, and the front assemblyslides in easily once you have the entire thing together, which can be a real PITA.
    --Jay3->Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
    84 €735i manual, 88 528e/i
    Motronic 1 and 1.3 wiring
    Transmission & Diff gearing sheet

My Cars
    '83 735i, '98 V70 Volvo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay535is View Post
    You make me sad, you saw my car, but maybe didn't put this username together with ElGuappo on MyE28.
    My main Man Jay! how could i have forgotten you?!? it was dark and i was under the influence of a few hundred miles.

My Cars
    87 535i/84 €735i/8
    It's OK, I understand...
    I've often been annoyed at the fact of different usernames between sites, many people haven't made the connection, and there is enough overlap that it can be annoying.
    --Jay3->Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
    84 €735i manual, 88 528e/i
    Motronic 1 and 1.3 wiring
    Transmission & Diff gearing sheet