Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Time to create "The Roadster Cartel"

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAz3M View Post
    aww yeah #2!!!!!!
    #2 should be reserved for KJ79, for coming up with the best name; Al of course, is #1!

If I could only keep one (1) car, it would have to be a Rdstr__I have owned an open 2-seater continuously since taking delivery of a new MGB on the Friday of Labor Day Weekend, 1973.

Incidentally, I didn't own another new car until this was delivered on the Thursday prior to Labor Day Weekend__and Roadster Homecoming__2001.

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post
    #2 should be reserved for KJ79, for coming up with the best name; Al of course, is #1!

If I could only keep one (1) car, it would have to be a Rdstr__I have owned an open 2-seater continuously since taking delivery of a new MGB on the Friday of Labor Day Weekend, 1973.

Incidentally, I didn't own another new car until this was delivered on the Thursday prior to Labor Day Weekend__and Roadster Homecoming__2001.

Beautiful specimens!
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black

My Cars
    e30 m3, 99 M Roady
    Randy, we're all #1s in the Roadster Regime

the only #2s are coupe owners

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAz3M View Post
    Randy, we're all #1s in the Roadster Regime

the only #2s are coupe owners
    LOL!!

And wow, I came in 1st & 2nd

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    Quote Originally Posted by wrench13 View Post
    I am in. Where do I send my dues, and when do I get my baseball cap? There will be baseball caps, right? I got too many fing tee shirts already.

A bit of artwork and we can make it happen.

/.randy

My Cars
    blown 98 m roadster
    Throw me on the Regime list too

My Cars
    1999 Z3 2.5L 5sp
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Didn't seem to hurt the Coupe community one bit. I think it's even easy to argue the other side of it - by limiting the types of people who can get into these cars to those with a bit more money and thus likely to be a bit more mature, it will probably help them from getting into the hands of those without the means to maintain the cars who will then neglect and abuse them. Plus the more expensive the initial investment the more likely someone is to take care of it. I doubt people driving $60K M coupes are treating them the same way those of us with $15-20k M Coupes do.

I think the 7th position should be reserved for someone with a James Bond edition car
    Strange, I think I see a smaller coupe community (at least here) now vs four years ago, and one with fewer and fewer new members. W/re deep pockets: wasn't one of the pro arguments that they were easy to maintain, thus didn't need deep pockets and p-car like mechanics? Would also suspect that those with deep pockets would have less passion for either a coupe or roady, than someone that made a secret discovery: an over performing under priced car... a kin to when the 246gt/gts was simply an alternative to a 911e/t/s and was a driver; but when it became a $100k, $300k car, it was trailered to the concourse de elegance, was dusted off with only the finest of silk handkerchiefs, and every added mile was perceived as diminishing its value.... ie, been there done that, and really would rather not see that happen again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tib View Post
    RR 367 members list?

1. amancuso
    2. ADAz3M
    3. Itsablurr
    4. Rf900rkw (did not say in)
    5. Bubbafet (did not say in)
    6. Tib
    7. (reserved for a E36/007 car)
    8. Mr Bingley
    9. Cfmistry
    10. BimmerBreaker (did not say in)
    11. Mystikal
    12. Badger56 (did not say in)
    13. KJ79 (did not say in)
    14. Joey v
    15. Randy Forbes
    16. Gmushial (not sure he wants in)
    17. Esses
    18. Steve F
    19. Z3forlife
    20. Bob M
    21. Lokijibber

numbered in the order of response to the thread.
    To be a member of a group that respects a fine set of wheels: in, no question... but as someone that sees value/virtue in over-priced fine set of wheels and wishes to manipulate [much too strong of a word, but nothing else comes to mind at the moment] the market to achieve such: thanks, but no thanks.... see my reply to Breaker w/re what happened to the 246 community and how they ceased being drivers (or worse, became owned by those that couldn't drive their way out of a wet paper bag).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CMZ3 View Post
    I am only out if I don't qualify.
    Sure looks like you have a roady to me... (but then again, if the requirement is ///M roady, I'm also out).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by amancuso View Post
    My favourite response yet.
    Clearly the man has his priorities right :-)

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by CMZ3 View Post
    I am only out if I don't qualify.
    Sorry I missed your post when I was forming the list. your #15

OK sorry randy your 16 I missed Cmz3. of coarse you can be #007 if you buy a bond car.

RR 367 Members list

1 amancuso
    2 ADAz3M
    3 Itsablurr
    4 Rf900rkw
    5 Bubbafet
    6 Tib
    7 (reserved for a E36/007 car)
    8 Mr Bingley
    9 Cfmistry
    10 BimmerBreaker
    11 Mystikal
    12 Badger56
    13 KJ79
    14 Joey v
    15 CMZ3
    16 Randy Forbes
    17 Gmushial
    18 Esses
    19 Steve F
    20 Z3forlife
    21 Bob M
    22 Lokijibber
    23 Poordna
    24 Wrench13
    25 PDP M

Now I cant keep this list up I have to go out of town for the next 2-4 days. (new members copy list add yourself, repost list) its a team effort here

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    More like roadster road rash from epic butt hurt.... coupe cartel forever!!!

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster
    I'm IN! "Roadsters rule the road" (Tm) --maybe that could be our tag line. lol --I'm also a graphic designer, but I dont do allot of that anymore, but I'd be glad to help photoshop a logo or design. Just let me know.
    Built S52 w/Dinan ISR-3 kit, NickG Stage 2+ Tune, Dinan Vortech V2 Supercharger, Dinan Air to Air Intercooler, Dinan CAI, Porsche 803 HFM, Buldogge 6" crank pulley, Griptec 2.90" blower pulley, Eurosport UD pulleys, Dinan 3.38 Diff, Dinan front/rear Swaybars, Dinan springs, Koni Yellow Sport Struts, Ground Control end links, South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Organic, AASCO Light Weight Flywheel 18.5#, Zionsville Radiator & Oil Cooler, Riot Racing BBTB, Schrick Intake Manifold, 42# Injectors, Schrick cams 264/256, Forged Wiseco pistons 9.0 comp., Forged Eagle rods, Supertech dual valve springs & valves, VAC crank & bearings, Supersprint mufflers, Euro Z3 midpipe, Raceland euro headers, Walbro 255, Bevauto ignition coils, Vortech Mondo bypass, Bailey Diverter DV30, Ireland Rear Subframe Bushings, Mason Engineering Strut Brace, Mason Engineering Clutch Petal, Apex 18" EC-7 Wheels, Full Custom Sound System, two trunk lids (with & without OE spoiler), Hardtop, Trunk full of AK's...

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    RR 367 members list?

1. amancuso
    2. ADAz3M
    3. Itsablurr
    4. Rf900rkw (did not say in)
    5. Bubbafet (did not say in)
    6. Tib
    7. (reserved for a E36/007 car)
    8. Mr Bingley
    9. Cfmistry
    10. BimmerBreaker (did not say in)
    11. Mystikal
    12. Badger56 (did not say in)
    13. KJ79 (did not say in)
    14. Joey v
    15. Randy Forbes
    16. Gmushial (not sure he wants in)
    17. Esses
    18. Steve F
    19. Z3forlife
    20. Bob M
    21. Lokijibber

numbered in the order of response to the thread.
    Count me in for sure, lucky #13, sweeet!

Fifteenth, really? I'm thinking some sort of charter membership (jeez we've had both cars practically fifteen years already**)

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it. Yeah, the man who could fix any of our cars with his eyes closed, is an original owner, of multiple, biggest enthusiast and supporter of the make, and who has single handedly offered a Titanic amount of knowledge that has in one way shape or form touched every single one of us here on this forum..... Yeah, he get's 15th, two after me, the new guy . Randy #1 in my vote. Good call sir. (Cause when my car needs to go to heaven, Randy's gonna be there, torque wrench and blow torch in hand, fending off the pearly gates)

Cheers!
    Last edited by KJ79; 04-03-2015 at 11:35 AM.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbafett View Post
    I'm IN! "Roadsters rule the road" (Tm) --maybe that could be our tag line. lol --I'm also a graphic designer, but I dont do allot of that anymore, but I'd be glad to help photoshop a logo or design. Just let me know.
    You don't need permission we want you to post your art/Ideas. looking forward to seeing many idea Lots of art.

My Cars
    z3
    Yeah, I set the bar pretty low for the logos And I don't think the order of the list really matters... I'd consider everyone on the original list "first"...

I'm not a baseball cap guy but I'd love a beanie for the long top-down drives!

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster
    +1 Randy Forbes is nominated to the OG position or "Z3 Czar" or "Roadster Czar"...
    Last edited by bubbafett; 04-03-2015 at 11:52 AM.
    Built S52 w/Dinan ISR-3 kit, NickG Stage 2+ Tune, Dinan Vortech V2 Supercharger, Dinan Air to Air Intercooler, Dinan CAI, Porsche 803 HFM, Buldogge 6" crank pulley, Griptec 2.90" blower pulley, Eurosport UD pulleys, Dinan 3.38 Diff, Dinan front/rear Swaybars, Dinan springs, Koni Yellow Sport Struts, Ground Control end links, South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Organic, AASCO Light Weight Flywheel 18.5#, Zionsville Radiator & Oil Cooler, Riot Racing BBTB, Schrick Intake Manifold, 42# Injectors, Schrick cams 264/256, Forged Wiseco pistons 9.0 comp., Forged Eagle rods, Supertech dual valve springs & valves, VAC crank & bearings, Supersprint mufflers, Euro Z3 midpipe, Raceland euro headers, Walbro 255, Bevauto ignition coils, Vortech Mondo bypass, Bailey Diverter DV30, Ireland Rear Subframe Bushings, Mason Engineering Strut Brace, Mason Engineering Clutch Petal, Apex 18" EC-7 Wheels, Full Custom Sound System, two trunk lids (with & without OE spoiler), Hardtop, Trunk full of AK's...

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    I just saw this after my last post. I am humbled and honored Randy. #2?! Wow. I honestly don't know where I belong on the list (try last?), but to me it doesn't matter, I am just glad to be here........

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    The first group is always the founders, and that we all are. I don't think the founders numbers are all that important. (maybe we should go by join date for the Founders)

But tell me this how do we recognize One Randy above the other? Sure the Forbes brand is better known but both are equally priceless?
    Last edited by Tib; 04-03-2015 at 12:36 PM.

My Cars
    2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3speed4me View Post
    More like roadster road rash from epic butt hurt.... coupe cartel forever!!!

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    The first group is always the founders, and that we all are. I don't think the founders numbers are all that important. (maybe we should go by join date for the Founders)

But tell me this how do we recognize One Randy above the other? Sure the Forbes brand is better known but both are equality priceless?
    So very true. There are so many actually on this forum here that deserve honor and recognition and have been invaluable resources of information and guidance. I got an idea then, make it easy. Take that list, and replace every single ascending # on the left, with #1.

Because after all, we are all equal in the Regime.

My Cars
    ///M Roadster
    The order is not important. I say we declare some goals of the Roadster Regime:

1. To uphold an appreciation for the convertible variant of the Z3.
    2. To maintain a market value consistent with their appreciation.
    3. ...??

I hope someone with better prose revises and increases this list!!
    Cyrus Mistry

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    3. Mmmmmmm donuts!!

/.randy

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ79 View Post
    Count me in for sure, lucky #13, sweeet!

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it. Yeah, the man who could fix any of our cars with his eyes closed, is an original owner, of multiple, biggest enthusiast and supporter of the make, and who has single handedly offered a Titanic amount of knowledge that has in one way shape or form touched every single one of us here on this forum..... Yeah, he get's 15th, two after me, the new guy . Randy #1 in my vote. Good call sir. (Cause when my car needs to go to heaven, Randy's gonna be there, torque wrench and blow torch in hand, fending off the pearly gates)

Cheers!
    You know, after letting it (15th, or 16th...) sink in, I'm good with just being one of the charter members. Alternatively, and if deemed necessary, a member identification number could be assigned by using the last five (5) digits of the member's VIN code__and don't worry, I don't have any particularly low numbers / early cars.

Clearly, I'm in it for the long haul, regardless of popular opinion. Once I find something I like, I tend to stick with it for a while (a total of 16 MGBs & GTs between 1973 & 2000; I've owned my Healey since 1978, and now it's the the Z3/Ms for the past decade and a half)__it's either a commitment, or I find it difficult to recognize, and get myself out of a rut

Now that I'll never be able to earn the same status (by status, I mean long-term ownership & the sheer quantity of examples I've worked on) with the '60 - '63 Ferrari 250 SWB__to be fair, that window of opportunity, when today's $10,000,000.00 examples could be bought all week long for $3k - $5k, closed when I was about fourteen years old__I fully expect these Rdstrs (and my lone Coupe) to be the last sportscars I have.

Yes, I'm in

- - - Updated - - -

But tell me this how do we recognize One Randy above the other? Sure the Forbes brand is better known but both are equally priceless?
    Ask Randy Wilson who I call when I'm stumped...

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster
    +1 both Randys are indispensable! --Love the member number linked to your Vin.
    Last edited by bubbafett; 04-03-2015 at 01:16 PM.

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    Another person that has proved to be priceless is Jon from the Buyers guide. I don't think he even has a roadster, and yet he spends endless hrs every day collating the listings sales and values of our cars.
    He gets an honorary membership I think......... I'm a huge fan of his work and his significant Z3 contribution on a whole for this community.

How would I know my Roady was the 4th rolled off the Estoril line in 98? He told me my cars birthday for crying out loud. And all that info somehow makes me oddly happy to know. Gave her extra personality, and a nickname, #4.

Oh yeah, and Randy's last 5 Vin # idea, brilliant!
    Last edited by KJ79; 04-03-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast