Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New M Roadster owner member

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster

New M Roadster owner member

New guy here. Just bought this yesterday:

It's a 2000 model with 126K miles, bought from my local dealer on a rainy day. It looked a little out of place there:

The nice lady at the cashier's counter was sad to see the only colored car leave the lot.

I need to thank the board immediately for the diff mount warning--there was one spotweld with a visible crack, and I was able to check that it was no worse than that AND work it into my negotiations.

I'm having a curious experience--the car needs a little work, but it's not the "take the motor out and apart" thing that I'm used to. There's something to be said for paying more than 3 figures when buying an automobile.

My Cars
    '04 Z4 3.0i roadster
    Based on the photo, it looks terrific! Congratulations!

My Cars
    1998 Z3 with 1.9/auto
    You Sir are going to have fun.
    -Marshall

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    For YEARS, all I bought were $450.00 MGB fixer-uppers; yes, an M Rdstr is quite a step up!

Yours looks gorgeous, and welcome to the crowd!

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3 M Roadster
    She looks good! Take care of a few things that these cars always seem to need and she'll be ready to go. And just broke in.
    Z3M Racer '99 M Roadster

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Yes, I'm presently afflicted with PermaGrin. There are some little things to deal with, most notably the nonfunctioning heater. But I'm looking forward to heading up this road (just 1/2 hour away) soon:

My Cars
    z3
    Looks like a nice car and a fun road! Welcome!

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '04 Z4 3.0i roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by melville View Post
    Yes, I'm presently afflicted with PermaGrin. There are some little things to deal with, most notably the nonfunctioning heater. But I'm looking forward to heading up this road (just 1/2 hour away) soon:

Now THAT looks like fun!

My Cars
    1999 BMW MZ3 Roadster
    New guy here. Just bought this yesterday:

It's a 2000 model with 126K miles, bought from my local dealer on a rainy day. It looked a little out of place there:

The nice lady at the cashier's counter was sad to see the only colored car leave the lot.

I need to thank the board immediately for the diff mount warning--there was one spotweld with a visible crack, and I was able to check that it was no worse than that AND work it into my negotiations.

I'm having a curious experience--the car needs a little work, but it's not the "take the motor out and apart" thing that I'm used to. There's something to be said for paying more than 3 figures when buying an automobile.

Looks super clean. I do not even see any road rash on the wheels. Welcome to the M club!!!

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Thanks all. I've looked through the Manifesto thread, but I didn't see any reference to a good shop manual. Is there such a thing?

For my other vehicles, I keep both a Bentley (factory) and a Haynes (aftermarket) handy.

My Cars
    00 Imola E/S TS M Coupe
    Looks great. Glad you were able to rid them of color hahaha They are fun cars. Enjoy!

My Cars
    '04 Z4 3.0i roadster
    Bentley does a Z3 manual, if I'm not mistaken.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Great looking ///M Welcome to the club!

I think there is a free online manual someplace, but I do not know the link and I personally don't like digital copies while I am working on something...

here are links to Bentley manuals

Hardback
    Paperback

Last edited by Tib; 11-02-2014 at 01:42 PM.

My Cars
    Z3M | E36 | E46
    Congrats! I was on a hunt for a Dakar Roadster before I bought my car. Love that colour on these cars. Also jealous of your nearby roads.

My Cars
    '95 740iL, 05 Dodge 2500 Diesel, '05 Buell XB12R
    Very Nice looking car, Welcome to the club!
    98 M Roadster, Cosmo Black with Black and Grey Interior.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    OK, first technical issue. I found this a couple days ago:

And today I came out to this:

She's found the warm spot. This was never a problem with the aircooled VWs, especially the Buses. What to do?
    Last edited by melville; 11-04-2014 at 08:22 PM.

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    Live with it. Every day at the ranch I find a fresh set of paw prints either on the hood or the roof. She's very careful and has never scratched the paint, so I just laugh it off.

Marty

My Cars
    E36-E367-E39-E53
    ^^when you find out let me know. Wait till you come out and their on the soft top and you try and shoo them away while your listening to the claws gaining traction:/. I've been told cayenne pepper will keep them away but, with the kids, the CEO says no.

Nice ride!
    ​~Mike

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Wait until the you have a bird fall in love with its twin in your side mirrors. I have to cover the side mirrors if I leave the car outside... at least the cat does not leave droppings all over the mirrors and down the side of the car.

P.S. can I barrow the car for a week or two. I think he could remove my bird issue
    Last edited by Tib; 11-04-2014 at 10:15 PM.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Had a day out with Muriel yesterday, driving the backroads and geocaching:

All is positive--she found it comfortable for long stretches. We may even be able to road trip in it if we can reset our expectations of luggage. We're used to a VW Kombi in that regard.....

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    The one month review:

The car is awesome! Muriel said, "This car was designed by people who care about the driving experience." I concur.

The good: Everything.

The bad: Maybe luggage capacity. We'll need to keep a Kombi for Costco runs. It's also difficult to drive by free furniture sitting at the side of the road.

How is it as a midlife crisis car? There are positives and negatives. We live in a college town. When I drive it, the coeds don't even look up. When Muriel drives it, the young fellows notice it. On the other hand, the most enthusiastic response is from mature women who appear to be 'of means.' So maybe not so much a 'chick car' as a '$ugar Mama' car. Good thing I have one already.

My Cars
    '99 2.8&Mcoupe, '03 Mini
    OK, first technical issue. I found this a couple days ago:

And today I came out to this:

She's found the warm spot. This was never a problem with the aircooled VWs, especially the Buses. What to do?
    Great color! Welcome to the Z group.
    Consider your feline friend as advantageous, there are probably no mice or rats nesting in the car to chew on wires and plastic parts. I too have one or more cats that "guard" my cars and have never had any scratches in the paint. The dirty paw prints and window "slides" are minor inconveniences.
    -Donny

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Our luggage carried in the black car, on a trip to New Orleans: http://www.spcarsplus.com/gallery3/i...Roadster_Valet

My Cars
    '87 325i/00 M Coupe
    I would also like to humbly welcome you to the dakar club

1 of 24 | Chrome Shadow Roadstars | TCK S/A | GC Street Camber Plates | Ansa Exhaust | ECIS Intake | DICE iPod Integration | Leather Z Armrests | Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob | UUC Clutch bushings/stop/line

My Cars
    '11 335is vert, '01 Z3M
    Welcome! and beautiful Car! Dakar looks fabulous on these cars IMO!

Yes, the trunk is bigger than it seems, and with the top down you can bring the Christmas tree home! Hey Randy, where did you find those hanging bags on the seat backs? Pretty clever use of space!

Dennis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast