Thread: E46 with bi Zenons - inner high beams only work with 'flash to pass'

My Cars
    BMW 330i ZHP, 88 M3 Cab

E46 with bi Zenons - inner high beams only work with 'flash to pass'

Hi guys! First time poster here. I've looked through some old threads and haven't seen this. I have a 2005 330i ZHP with Bi-Zenons, but the inner high beams won't stay on when I flick the lever forward. They work fine when I pull back. I was told that this was 'normal operation' at my local BMW dealership.

I don't care if it is normal or not, I just want the extra light here in Kamakazi Deerland, otherwise known as Salt Lake City UT and the surrounding mountains.

Anyone mod their car so the inners stay on with the highs?

Thanks so much. Any info would be helpful. I'm a decent mechanic and good with electronics, so I'm not afraid to get into the wiring if necessary!

Jeff Krause
    05 330i ZHP
    10 K1300GT
    S52 powered 88 M3 Cabrio

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330CD M SPORT
    Yes your right mate, inner beams dont stay on when pulled back ! If they did it would be really helpful in the country roads at times ! Let us know if you find out how to keep them on !

My Cars
    87 SpecE30, 04 330ci
    Yes, the default action for the center halogens is only for DRLs (if enabled, they will be dimmed output) and flash-to-pass. I have not tried this, but apparently you can program this as an option in NCS Expert. In the ALSZ module, set

PWM_WERT2_FL_BIXENON to wert_01

and your halogens will also be on with your bixenons.

My Cars
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ*)
    ^^ As mentioned they can be coded to work as highs. Use either the method above, or by using BMW scanner 4.0

I've done it to my car and have 4 highs when I need them. My car did not come stock with HID's. I retrofitted bixenon projectors then wired the solenoids to the stock highs so that they both come on when I flip the switch.

My Cars
    E90 M3
    This is great info, just wish someone local to DC had those tools to borrow

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk