Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NO SPARK, New owner please help!

My Cars
    1985 635CSi
    Quote Originally Posted by dm635 View Post
    There were some 86's with rear AC. I had a non rear AC on my '86. My son during the time I had my '86 picked himself an '86 and it did have the rear AC. Ended up that the VIN between our cars was less than 100. Thought that was kinda cool.

If I remember correctly the last 7 from my VIN is/was

hmm, I am humbled every day.

My Cars
    1986 BMW 635CSI
    EDIT: SHE'S ALIIIIVEEEEE!!!

first off i want to thank everyone who took time out to read this thread and comment a solution! all of you gave me such great advice and input!!! now to the good stuff. . . .what made it start?? the ECU! troubleshooted everything on the list before purchasing an ECU (which by the way i paid 150 for off ebay, was that too much?) which i then plugged in and started like it was a 2015 model! i actually clapped in relief when it idled steadily at 8-900 rpm. . . took it for the first drive since i bought it and it needs brakes! doesnt stop at all haha, suspension is totally shot as well. again thank you guys so much for all the help! here are some pics of my project !!! maybe you guys can tell me a little about it? steering wheel swapped? headrests a diff color in rear? anything rare??

My Cars
    1986 BMW 635CSI
    bump

My Cars
    Bmw 1982 e24 635csi

No start issues

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisherman View Post
    I thought my no start problem on my 1987 was the ecu and it ultimately was that the code function on the on board computer was malfunctioning. I could bridge the main relay with a Y wire and it would start every time. I bypassed the code function (the relay is located under the dash on the driver's side and have not had further issues with the car not starting.
    Hello mate any chance you could send me a picture of the relay you are talking about and rough location also what do you mean by y shape wire just bridging the pins together ?

My Cars
    81 euro 635, 4.4 X5
    Bud, that was 4 years ago.
    81 Euro undergoing total nut and bolt restoration
    pictures at: flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12