Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Best wheel size for an E46 Sedan? ('02 325i)

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325i

Question Best wheel size for an E46 Sedan? ('02 325i)

Been looking at new wheels/tires for my E46 and I'm having a little trouble deciding on the best size. I've seen mixed recommendations in various places. I'm on stock suspension/wheels at the moment but the end goal is new wheels/tires/suspension/bumpers. I'm planning on doing the wheels first, then suspension, then bumpers (though if this is not the best order I'm open to suggestions).

I want to go with a more aggressive look but I'm not trying to slam my car or anything. Just slightly lowered with nice looking wheels that fill most of the wells and look relatively flush (again, not trying to go super low, just want that clean, aggressive look). I like the look of the LM Reps, but I'm not totally sold on those.

Basically my question is are 19 inch wheels too much for the sedan? I'm okay with a rougher ride since the roads here are generally pretty good but I don't want to rub and I don't really want to deal with rolling fenders and I do have to go over some speed bumps pretty regularly. I would love to see some pics of both 18s and 19s on the sedan. I've seen pics of what look to be 19s that just look too big but I've also seen pics of what look to be 18s that look kinda small. I assume the ride height matters for this.

Any help would be much appreciated!

My Cars
    02 330ci/03 530i/95 740i
    Dude,

Got German Hartge 19" staggered. No Rubbing whatsoever. I think my E46 sits perfect on all stock suspension. Rides is a little stiff nothing to cry about though. Would'nt change a thing. Good luck..
    [IMG][/IMG]