Thread: Fuel Cut off ?

My Cars
    E36, E46, E60

Fuel Cut off ?

hey i have a question.. the other day, i was driving my car wit a few friends.. well my gas tank was on empty, and the light was on.. well i notice something, when we were cruising i had the car in 2nd gear, my friend came up and wanted to do a short run, well i was up for it. He gave the signal to go, and i step on it pedle to the floor and everything, but my car wasnt moving ? feels like the fuel cut off or something ? well anyways, 3 seconds later, i finally got the car to jump and start moving.. was just wondering if there is some type of safety fuel cut-off the car has, when low on gas ? i wasnt really that low, the light just came on minute before we started the race.. thanks.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    It's called being out of gas... under acceleration the fuel sloshing to the back of the tank and out of range of the pump.

It's common on higher horsepower E36s... don't run your tank so low. FYI, the fuel pump uses fuel as a lubricant and a cooling source... if you constantly run the tank low on fuel, it will lead to premature fuel pump failure.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2013 328i xDrive
    Hey, I have a question related to this: I don't know when exactly BMW owned Land Rover, buy my '90 Range Rover has an interior fuel cut-off switch, making it impossible to start the engine (anti-theft thing). Does my '91 325ix have anything like that?
    -Chris
    My e30 build thread/color change here

My Cars
    325is 94
    the rover purchase was later than that.
    but it would be super easy to to add an itieorio swithc that iturpts the fuel pump relay trigger.
    scott Freedman 94 325is tons of miles in Grun frosch (froggy green) :krakrani:

My Cars
    Retired
    you hitted the fuel cutoff