Thread: Setting obc anti theft code

My Cars
    95' E34 M60B30

Setting obc anti theft code

I have read the related sections in my manual and searched the forums. How do you set a anti theft code on the obc in my 95 530i? Pressing the code button does nothing, regardless of ignition position or engine running. Am I missing something or maybe this feature isn't available for whatever reason in my car?

My Cars
    E34
    Are you referring to the radio code? Or is there a different code that I don't know about?

My Cars
    18 Cummins 3500 00 330t
    code on the obc.

I don't remember how but e34.net or whatever had it posted.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 525i
    To activate the code functionality on the OBC, take your key, insert it into the ignition cylinder and turn it to position 1 (there are 4 positions for the key: 0 - Off, 1 - Steering Unlocked, 2 - Ignition Switched on, 3 - Starter running)
    Press the code button. Now input a code using the "1000", "100", "10", and "1" buttons. It will be a 4 digit code. When you are done, press the S/R Button.
    Now turn the key to the "0" position (this is the position where you can remove it from the cylinder). The car's code functionality is now active. Opening the hood will trigger the alarm, as will 3 failed attempts to enter the correct code, or 3 attempts to start the car without entering the code. The alarm will sound for 30 seconds. The car will not start until the correct code has been entered.
    To deactivate the code, put the key in to either positions 1 or 2 (not position 3, that is when you attempt to start the car), and enter the code into the OBC but do not press the S/R button. Instead, attempt to start the car.

My Cars
    1990 535/5
    Cool feature ive used all of five times...

then I usually forget that I set the code and think there is something wrong with the car.

My Cars
    95' E34 M60B30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre0Tre34 View Post
    Cool feature ive used all of five times...

then I usually forget that I set the code and think there is something wrong with the car.
    I figured most of you guys don't use it, and Im not sure I will much either, but wanted to know how.

Looks like I wasnt in pos 1 ... kind of hard to get to really, as my key catches on something right around there moving thru the ignition positions. Thanks for the help

My Cars
    Bmw e36 320i
    Sorry to resurrect a zombie tread, but i just retrofitted my obc 18 buttons and everything works, code function works but doesnt starts alarm after 3 wrong attempts, now, im investigating on pin 3 x1071, black and blue cable, where this cable goes? there is someone who really retrofitted this wire somewhere to make the alarm starts on the wrong code function??

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Francesco, your E36 OBC V is different from the E34 OBC III and IV, use the E36 forum for your E36 problem, actually there are 2 of your threads now in the E36 forum, which I merged and also the post in BMW rides is moved to E36 forum, questions for E36 post in E36 forums and do not post in all the other forums the same.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!