Thread: 2014 BMW M235i

My Cars
    2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S

2014 BMW M235i

How do you guys feel about this car? I'm going to test drive a used one this weekend. Has 4k miles, asking $43k.

How does it compare to an actual "M" car? Would I be missing much? I feel like I'm settling once again.

Also, why is it badged as an M car, but not really considered in that family.

My Cars
    z3
    It is just a normal production car with some sport-oriented parts. The true M2 is coming out in 2016. M cars are completely tuned by M engineers in all aspects, M235i follows a history of cars like M535i or M635i which were sold alongside their M brethren but didn't include the full M package.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    Quote Originally Posted by sp1ke36 View Post
    How do you guys feel about this car? I'm going to test drive a used one this weekend. Has 4k miles, asking $43k.

How does it compare to an actual "M" car? Would I be missing much? I feel like I'm settling once again.

Also, why is it badged as an M car, but not really considered in that family.
    As bimmerbreaker noted, it is just an "M" performance model, IE not a true M car, but has some M badged goodies, and a bit more juice. Having said that, I really like mine, its not a true M car, but it is also quite a bit better than the other non-M offerings in their lineup (just my opinion). I didn't like the size of the 4 series, it felt way too big, so the 2 is about the size of the older e46 3 series. But your best bet is to test drive the 235 vs like an e92 M3. If you feel like you are settling, then don't do it...

The 2 is a blast of a car, and really reminds in some ways of my e36 M3 (albeit with a nicer interior, faster and better looking), but probably due to size and overall feel. But really, the only way you will know for sure how you feel about the different models is drive them back to back. You could also wait for the M2...

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.