BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 1997 BMW 840Ci Steptronic for sale in Orange County, CA. NO Accidents. $12500 FIRM.

My Cars
    E39 M5

1997 BMW 840Ci Steptronic for sale in Orange County, CA. NO Accidents. $12500 FIRM.

This is the first time I am putting up my E31 for sale: please note: I would NOT hesitate to drive it cross country in the condition it is right now sitting in my garage!

Time to put my baby for sale. Complete folder of maintenance records. Drove to Vegas within the last 3 months, and it drove beautifully....other than Vegas, I drove it many times to San Diego and LA....never had any problems. Drives like a GT coupe!

If you are reading this posting, I don't need to explain the importance of the E31 BMWs for BMW collectors.... mine is an incredibly fine example of the last year ever in North America ....Just to mention, this is the last year of the E31 in USA and has the upgraded Steptronic transmission that shifts like new!

I am a BMW enthusiast, have other BMWs including M cars. I took my E31 to the 25th year meet in October in OC, as you can see from the pictures....looks beautiful, and was the only green in this tone

THE GOOD POINTS: for 156K miles (all original)

2 tone interior!
    - dash is free of cracks!
    - tires : like brand new!!! wheels : like brand new! original E31 wheels (all 5!!!) are also included with the sale! 4 of them are refinished couple months ago and never used!
    - incredible huge folder of maintenance records... within the last 1,5 years: shocks, bushings etc was replaced. ...way before they would need to be replaced.
    - engine / transmission : EXCELLENT! electronics: everything works!!!! no weird noises from mechanics or electronics.... RADIO/TAPE : works excellent! ( have the CD Changer but I never used it because I have AUX in through the TAPE deck)
    - upgraded 55W HID XENONS!!!! ( the right side needs aiming adjustment, I believe) work great at dark! ...
    - no leaks! no noises! no rust! no issues ever!' MY E31 never let me down on the road!

Complete oil change was done 3K miles ago, Mobil 1 !

any questions that you can't find answers to above... send an email .... thanks

of course, clean carfax, clean title , in hand, under my name, CA registration current etc. etc... NO ACCIDENTS!!! Price is firm AND of course with any used car, it is for sale AS-IS. You are welcome to bring a professional mechanic for inspection, which I prefer you do for piece of mind, as my asking price is FIRM!

this is the first time I am putting up my 840Ci for sale!

Everything should be assumed in good working order and pretty excellent except below:

-headliner ( current state I rate 7/10) ... will need to be repaired...service sunroof at the same time ( it was hard to move once so since then I never tried to open it - I have the rail repair kit from BMW somewhere in the garage which I'll try to find and include with the sale)!
    -drivers seat bottom part ( one smaller than a penny size hole.... the seat back is new, so it would be nice if it is matched if decided to repair) -> I have someone scheduled to tell me repair possibilities 3/13/2015!!! If repaired, I'll delete this line and post picture of the completed repair.
    - radio pixels are fine (also AM/FM antenna works great, no issues), but the MID computer display is starting to lose pixels... can be repaired by replacing a ribbon cable...a local place repairs them for ~$100
    - small area on the rear bumper that the clear coat is starting to go off.... front bumper and hood and roof have new paint (past 2 years), excellent color match....
    - couple scratches I just noticed on the right door, I got them touched up during the scheduled detail couple months ago ( hand wash every 4 weeks, detail every year by a professional that does this on all my cars) , was NOT something serious anyhow.
    Attached Images Attached Images