Thread: Angel eyes

My Cars
    1989 E30 Coupe 320is

Angel eyes

I want to get some blue angel eyes for my 01' e38 but I want my DRL to match the color. Are there any options out there for DRL blue bulbs? Also is Umnitza really worth it? There are angel on ebay for 25 bucks. Seems like a ridiculous price difference compared to umnitza. Also, I can't seem to find any good threads about this, I'm sure it's already out there somewhere.

My Cars
    1998 Bmw 740i, 1986 325e
    Get Umnitza, the best one, it's super high quality and worth every dollar. I think you will be unhappy with a cheap ebay knock off.

My Cars
    1989 E30 Coupe 320is
    what about the DRLs? do I just pull out the bulb?

My Cars
    11 335i, 01 740i Sport
    You could tint the DRLs or shut them off.
    2011 335i XDrive Coupe
    2001 740i Sport

My Cars
    2010 750li & 2008 X5 4.8
    Well I have AE's from BMWLED in my 01 740il for over a year with no failure. I've been extremely happy with them. Easily installed with no problems, I simply followed KOOLJESS's write up. If they hadn't been recommended by another forum member here I would have went with the Umnitza's brand.

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by BATTLERATTLER View Post
    Do they use the city light bulb over there for DRLs - in the US they use the bright lights at low power for them.....
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/krallopian/darthSigTest2_zpsn6zkw5id.jpg[/URL][URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW7-Dallas-Fort-Worth-BMW-7-Series-Club/300942239566"]DFW7 on Facebook/URL]
    "The Last Great e38" 2001 i Sport - Born'd on date 1/01 Cosmos/Grey - 32.8K miles - 2 1/2 " Custom Exhaust, Center “X”over , Modified OEM rear bumper, M5 style trunk spoiler, M6 OEM wheels, M3 Steering wheel with working paddle shift & CF trim, Bi-Xenon upgrade, 13mm Rear sway bar added, SS brake lines and bronze bushings, Cross drilled rotors and painted calipers, Akebono pads, Zionsville aluminum radiator & exp. tank with electric fan, Sprint Booster, BluTooth conversion, MKIV Nav., Custom wood cupholder, DUDMD Tune, Orien V2.5 LED Angel Eyes, Evans waterless. Recently added grey faced //M5 Cluster - all gauges functioning. Changed the grey carpet to black and topped off with GG Bailey front/rear mats[/SIZE]

My Cars
    2010 750li & 2008 X5 4.8
    AE's with fade on/off effects

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740IL
    I'm still debating AEs but those look slick Roy.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the amber joints.

Spaceships & Woodgrain.

My Cars
    2003 Convertible Hardtop
    I want to get some blue angel eyes for my 01' e38 but I want my DRL to match the color. Are there any options out there for DRL blue bulbs? Also is Umnitza really worth it? There are angel on ebay for 25 bucks. Seems like a ridiculous price difference compared to umnitza. Also, I can't seem to find any good threads about this, I'm sure it's already out there somewhere.

ForumRunner_20150309_232516.png

This is my 50 dollar pair

My Cars
    635csi Euro, 98 740il
    I'm looking to do this myself this spring and found a set on Amazon for $50. I hope the installation is as easy as people say

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    DRL can be turned off

My Cars
    01 740i,E93 M3,E30 325is
    Turn off the DRL's with programming.

I bought $50 ebay LED AEs and I thought they would be crap considering I always bought top end $200 versions from other cars. I will tell you I love the ones I bought. Here is the link to mine, they are more white not blue but I wanted white. I cant tell you how happy I was with these especially for the price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-X-BMW-E36-...-/160912078504
    74.JPG
    Last edited by Staszek; 03-11-2015 at 01:31 AM.

My Cars
    2010 750li & 2008 X5 4.8
    If you don't want that long wait for shipping from China, give the BMWLED boys in California a call.

Last edited by roys740; 03-11-2015 at 10:44 AM.

My Cars
    635csi Euro, 98 740il
    Im not sure if I want mine to be 7000k bright. Can they be dimmed or any other that aren't so bright?

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartge 635 View Post
    Im not sure if I want mine to be 7000k bright. Can they be dimmed or any other that aren't so bright?
    7000 (k?) is just to the blue side and actually less light. If you go down to 4800 with the same lumens they would be brighter.......

Mine with 6000 eyes

Last edited by TxDarth; 03-11-2015 at 12:26 PM.
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/krallopian/darthSigTest2_zpsn6zkw5id.jpg[/URL][URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW7-Dallas-Fort-Worth-BMW-7-Series-Club/300942239566"]DFW7 on Facebook/URL]
    "The Last Great e38" 2001 i Sport - Born'd on date 1/01 Cosmos/Grey - 32.8K miles - 2 1/2 " Custom Exhaust, Center “X”over , Modified OEM rear bumper, M5 style trunk spoiler, M6 OEM wheels, M3 Steering wheel with working paddle shift & CF trim, Bi-Xenon upgrade, 13mm Rear sway bar added, SS brake lines and bronze bushings, Cross drilled rotors and painted calipers, Akebono pads, Zionsville aluminum radiator & exp. tank with electric fan, Sprint Booster, BluTooth conversion, MKIV Nav., Custom wood cupholder, DUDMD Tune, Orien V2.5 LED Angel Eyes, Evans waterless. Recently added grey faced //M5 Cluster - all gauges functioning. Changed the grey carpet to black and topped off with GG Bailey front/rear mats[/SIZE]

My Cars
    2003 540s, 2000 740s
    Quote Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
    Turn off the DRL's with programming.

I bought $50 ebay LED AEs and I thought they would be crap considering I always bought top end $200 versions from other cars. I will tell you I love the ones I bought. Here is the link to mine, they are more white not blue but I wanted white. I cant tell you how happy I was with these especially for the price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-X-BMW-E36-...-/160912078504
    74.JPG
    Just a note - it doesn't look like this set comes with the 2 trigger set up.
    But, that only matters if you ever want to be able to have your DDEs turn on when you lock or unlock your car.
    <== Steptronic Sealbeach740
    2000 740i sport: 74k Green/Tan chrome MPars, clear corners, quad brake lights, AIC hi-beams, Hoen fogs, 16x9 screen, MKIV, TFT LCD screen in back, license plate backup camera with "on demand" switch, iPod audio/video (CDC/iPod audio switching, iPod video on 16x9 screen), Basslink, gauge rings, ///M pedals, switched steptronic +/- shifting mode, E46 paddle shifter steering wheel, Dinan engine & tranny software upgrade, DDEs controlled via Euro fog light switch, painted calipers with "BMW" lettering, windows up/sunroof close via remote.

2003 540i sport: 81k, Sterling grey/grey, MKIV Nav, PDC & CWP - Added license plate backup camera with "on demand" switch, paddle shift steering wheel, windows up/sunroof close via remote, Akebono's, painted calipers with "BMW" lettering, quad brake lights, iPod audio via AUX mode/video via 16x9 screen, BMW TV tuner, ///M pedals & gauge rings.

My Cars
    01 740i,E93 M3,E30 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by sealbeach740 View Post
    Just a note - it doesn't look like this set comes with the 2 trigger set up.
    But, that only matters if you ever want to be able to have your DDEs turn on when you lock or unlock your car.
    It did have a secondary trigger for the corners. I never got around to hooking mine up.

My Cars
    1995 m3
    Here is a past discussion:
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...el-eyes-advice

And another past discussion:

---
    This is how bright the Orion V4 are during the day:

This is what CCFL look like compared to Orion V2:

Customer cars:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by meteck View Post
    Lot of people have them and there have been many pictures posted. Only problem I have heard of is that some say that some of the models are a little small for the opening.
    Quote Originally Posted by kooljess View Post
    Personnally I think its the best one out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirill View Post
    i love my set they are awesome !
    Quote Originally Posted by phase888 View Post
    I bought some 'cheap' angel eyes and lights and had nothing but problems with them. I highly suspect they contributed to the failure of my light switch and given time I bet they would have caused more damage. I never regretted switching to a more quality product and was very, very happy with my Umnitza's. I haven't looked at the 2000+ model prices but most of their products are mid-point for a quality set of rings or lights.

Even if you don't opt to go with them at least pick a reputable brand/company in case you need support. I am not sure of any companies that would be suitable for your location though.
    Quote Originally Posted by tekazgtr1984 View Post
    If you're going to go with angel eyes (the best term ), go with Umnitza, specifically the Predator Orion V2 LED kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xephius View Post
    I got the Orion V2's and am very happy. So far I have not seen anyone who doesnt like them...

John
    Quote Originally Posted by aerius007 View Post
    I went with the umnitza AE's myself. I also suggest you buy new glass for the headlamps as well if you want them looking new.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytone4143 View Post
    i have the v2 on both my cars and the e46 and e38, they fit good,look good.
    And ONE GIGANTIC POST