Thread: E34 spring rate recommendation

My Cars
    1995 540i/6

E34 spring rate recommendation

Looking at purchasing BC racing coilovers and was wondering what your thoughts are on the best spring rates for drifting a 540i 6 speed are?
    From the research I did somewhere around 11k front and 14k rear should be the way to go?
    Maybe go stiffer in the front 12k front and 14k rear?
    The car has a complete solid rear end (aluminum subframe and diff bushing with 75d poly trailing arms) and the interior is completely gutted if that matters.
    Any suggestions are welcome!

My Cars
    '90 E34 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by lazar540i View Post
    Looking at purchasing BC racing coilovers and was wondering what your thoughts are on the best spring rates for drifting a 540i 6 speed are?
    From the research I did somewhere around 11k front and 14k rear should be the way to go?
    Maybe go stiffer in the front 12k front and 14k rear?
    The car has a complete solid rear end (aluminum subframe and diff bushing with 75d poly trailing arms) and the interior is completely gutted if that matters.
    Any suggestions are welcome!
    Hey i just bought a e34 525 and am looking to set it up for drifting. What did you end up going with? I was told 14k front and rear would work well and rode in another 525 set up that way but i cant find the cx racing ones he bought or any others with that spring rate for the e34 5 series

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Call BC, they can get you set up nicely.