Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Syncronising ews/dme with inpa/gt1

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by legoman67 View Post
    EWS 2 can be completely resynced with a totally different DME. No virginizing.

EWS 3.3 cannot be. In the 3 series, 97 (e36) was still EWS2. EWS3.3 didnt start till the E46. Not sure when it changed for the 7's.
    THis is good information. The Z3 series went from EWS ll to EWS lllD on 9/98.
    Built S52 w/Dinan ISR-3 kit, NickG Stage 2+ Tune, Dinan Vortech V2 Supercharger, Dinan Air to Air Intercooler, Dinan CAI, Porsche 803 HFM, Buldogge 6" crank pulley, Griptec 2.90" blower pulley, Eurosport UD pulleys, Dinan 3.38 Diff, Dinan front/rear Swaybars, Dinan springs, Koni Yellow Sport Struts, Ground Control end links, South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Organic, AASCO Light Weight Flywheel 18.5#, Zionsville Radiator & Oil Cooler, Riot Racing BBTB, Schrick Intake Manifold, 42# Injectors, Schrick cams 264/256, Forged Wiseco pistons 9.0 comp., Forged Eagle rods, Supertech dual valve springs & valves, VAC crank & bearings, Supersprint mufflers, Euro Z3 midpipe, Raceland euro headers, Walbro 255, Bevauto ignition coils, Vortech Mondo bypass, Bailey Diverter DV30, Ireland Rear Subframe Bushings, Mason Engineering Strut Brace, Mason Engineering Clutch Petal, Apex 18" EC-7 Wheels, Full Custom Sound System, two trunk lids (with & without OE spoiler), Hardtop, Trunk full of AK's...

My Cars
    BMW e38 735i 1997
    I want to update:
    there is a small 100kB program - exe. file. Synchronising with it takes 5 seconds, definitively works for 96-98 models. If you are interested PM me. Anyone can use it, just need a laptop and cable to connect to the ECU.

My Cars
    2004 645ci
    Will it work on a 2004 645ci?

My Cars
    DavidHefAJ
    I am in process of using inpa to align key... Open inpa ... I use old tech just for this ... I have older but newer rugged think pad 8 gig mem and Vista .. I use eBay dcan cables ... I load software with key on and wait till I see dots blinking .. back and forth usually wired shit kinda... Anyway you know car is talking and plus the running indication at bottom... I have 2001 X5 v8 ews3... I click chassis's shift f8 for e53 and look my engine and madoles till I find ews .. I click this... There are only to choices in German.. on is to reset code all together in DME... This would make no ews work that had a stored code before I believe... The second option is DME sync to ews... This will we send DME data to ews... Klick yes and let job run ...

- - - Updated - - -

I just changed fuel pump... It run for three days and bam dead in water... I replaced cam sensors and fuel pump .. plugs not even 300 miles them ... Inpa says code is ews.3.3 key manipulation... We know how much the 33 like manipulating keys huh lol ... Little germen codex ninjas... You so very smart...

- - - Updated - - -

From what I understand in simple terms is DME write to ews and ews write to key. I have to AK90 a key to a ews by flashing chip not ews... So if you have new ews... New chip... Old DME can code them... If the new chip and ews are used... Then you can reset your DME and then write DME code to what ever ews and thin make key from ews ... You can do all but make key with inpa... Inpa not flashing .. just using default actions for ews in DME ... That's how I understand it.... Mmm

My Cars
    DavidHefAJ
    https://photos.app.*******/ZsiSXsvRy76TQgcb9

This is link to inpa screen and translations

My Cars
    DavidHefAJ
    Ok link mite be bum .... But I will work on that tonight.... And upload the translation with screens .... I'm getting no com errors in inpa for certain task... So mite be cable.... I got cheap one... Need to look inside and compare with online.... And I'm going to see if I'm missing files.... I know little about coding ... Mainly the process I understand how and why ... But I'm sure ews3.3 can be syncronazed in inpa because it's dealer software and there cables and learning curve none existent... So... I keep you guys posted .. I fixed vacuum leaks and replaced both cam sensors ... But once again error is ...exws manipulation.... and the pump still activates during crank but does not prime when key in two position... Put hand on pump lid and turn key and you will see... This is DME

My Cars
    DavidHefAJ
    Got on lab top.... Checked cable... I don't have white board but green board and it works and reads I do and certain modules just fine.... So I looked in inpa folder and there are three versions ... I just ran the 5.06 and updated the version I had running 5.02 ... The menu looks different and alot more put together... I think 5.02 is a web based version by bemmer geeks... Just to check values in most standard equipment in older BMWs ... This 5.06 looks like full dealer with Royce's on list ... Right....so I will be making trip back down to car and see .... I'm going to find imaging hosting app that's friendly to link to and add pictures....

My Cars
    DavidHefAJ
    just got DIS and GT1, also moded OBD plug pin 7 and 8 together , plan on getting little switch for cars that dont need this connection, i believe 2004 up. I can get INPA to do some reading and clearing but get the no hardware found error or no response message, this is the only thing stopping me from using INPA to sync key. I think I do have 20 pin under hood but DME can only go by way of OBD. I took the time to reinstall inpa 5.0.2.0 its already got the E53 datem and the ews sync option in menu on INPA. when I used OBD Cable Before (green board) and tryed to sync I would get no com error and a german .... no understanding job task... message so....., I will be trying it all out again. Note my ews is original ews to car, I have the 6th key spot used and inpa knew i only had 4 spots left. anyway, going to install DIS and GT1 on the thinkpad

My Cars
    DavidHefAJ

communication interuption

Quote Originally Posted by tatufox992 View Post
    just got DIS and GT1, also moded OBD plug pin 7 and 8 together , plan on getting little switch for cars that dont need this connection, i believe 2004 up. I can get INPA to do some reading and clearing but get the no hardware found error or no response message, this is the only thing stopping me from using INPA to sync key. I think I do have 20 pin under hood but DME can only go by way of OBD. I took the time to reinstall inpa 5.0.2.0 its already got the E53 datem and the ews sync option in menu on INPA. when I used OBD Cable Before (green board) and tryed to sync I would get no com error and a german .... no understanding job task... message so....., I will be trying it all out again. Note my ews is original ews to car, I have the 6th key spot used and inpa knew i only had 4 spots left. anyway, going to install DIS and GT1 on the thinkpad

Truck will not even read anything with 7 and 8 crossed, and nothing with it uncrossed, plug dont even light up, i mite have knocked terminal plugs loose.... checked all fuses, new cam sensors , voltage with jump while software on with cluster guage test 9, my cluster code is 13 and I payed 1333, at copart , truck ran fine intell i changed fuel pump, inpa had errors but worked to clear codes and read data , didnt change till i crossed those two pins, i also tried to edit edials ads or adc to obd in the sts text file, nothing, deleted drivers for plug, downloaded new ones and still nothing, smfh, how the fuck is 20 old tech kicking 2021 century ass.... its so impossible the trouble for a old product to be ..... so retarded .... show the state of reality even back then .... no wounder we are fucked..... I checked DME and relays ..... last good code read i pulled has the ews3.3.... i told you what my code was and the price i payed.... no wounder the 33 be fucking with the ma el key.... its takin a year to get the title to bmv and now they want to charge me for not sending it ...? kkk all over this planet....no one even gives closing solutions...... fucking waste of time reading magic boxes with no data ,
    no more up dates..... i replace so much on this truck and still got new seals and shit in trunk to install..... even got a timing chain fix for the m62.... but nope.... e w s 33 stoping me .... from getting gas to engine .... almost like reality .....

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Use complete sentences please. I actually tried reading, but this is just too much.

Essentially you can't sync a rolling code ews system if the ISN doesn't match. End of story. It requires knowing the system and how the ISN works in that dme. It's fixable, but with different tools. Not BMW tools.
    Last edited by 328 Power 04; 05-14-2020 at 07:33 PM.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChrysler View Post
    I want to update:
    there is a small 100kB program - exe. file. Synchronising with it takes 5 seconds, definitively works for 96-98 models. If you are interested PM me. Anyone can use it, just need a laptop and cable to connect to the ECU.
    Hello! Can you please send me this program for dme ews synchronising? My battery died a few days ago, then the ews forgot the keys and the sync for the dme... It would be a really big help. Thank you!

My Cars
    vmw 850 1996 nissan 300zx tt
    What procedure did you use for sync yourDME with EWS

My Cars
    1997 BMW E39 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykytop22 View Post
    Hello! Can you please send me this program for dme ews synchronising? My battery died a few days ago, then the ews forgot the keys and the sync for the dme... It would be a really big help. Thank you!
    did you get the file yet?
    I also need it. Seems @MrChrysler hasn't online for a few months

a few searches today. Maybe he's referring to this : https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...0-vagcom-cable

haven't tried this yet tho
    Last edited by purnadika; 08-31-2022 at 10:34 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12