Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: tuner pro bin for turbo s52 gt35r 60lb injectors HPX maf 10psi

My Cars
    1995 325is

tuner pro bin for turbo s52 gt35r 60lb injectors HPX maf 10psi

Hi guys, just wanted to try and share a bin file have been working on the past few months. here is my setup, the main thing about this tune is that is contains the mas air flow funtion for the HPX ford style MAF http://www.pmas-maf.com/hpx/ I talked to the guy from hpx and figured out how to scale it. this means we are no longer stuck with the Porsche maf, or the miller maf. This is also the same maf that comes with the TRM turbo kit. I hope I don't make other tuners too mad, I don't believe I am ripping anybody off since I have re-scaled almost every aspect of this tune. I am tired of the BMW tuning community being stuck in the stone ages, everyone acts like they have to make money off this stuff that is already open source.

my build
    1995 e36 with a 97 s52 9:1 compression obd1 conversion
    ecu is a 413 silver label
    I am using the xdf file for the 506 ecu
    garret gt3582r
    CX racing exhaust manifold
    Siemens 60lb ev6 injectors
    HPX Maf
    vented bov

other notes
    haven't been to the dyno yet, however the fuel ratios seem to be satisfactory.
    I have put 5k miles on this tune with no issues.
    I was running 1 bar on this tune but i turned it down so i wouldn't put the car into a telephone pole.
    I cant figure out how to upload the file to this site, so just message me and i will sent it to you
    your setup will probably not be exactly the same as mine, this tune will get you in the ballpark though.
    please let me know if you see anything wrong with the file, i don't pretend to know everything, and i am open to constructive criticism.

My Cars
    1999 328i -2000 323i
    It would be nice if everyone did this

My Cars
    M3 Buildup
    Take a look at what is going on with romraider very interesting stuff those guys are up to
    Buy my native installed ISIS ISTA-D/ISTA-P bmw diagnostic laptop. More Info Here!

My Cars
    1995 325is
    Also I forgot to mention that my MAF is installed in 3'' pipe. And send your email when you message me, seems like this forum does not let you share files though messages.
    Last edited by dashdarthturbo; 02-25-2015 at 12:18 PM.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Could you post links to the software needed, and really go into depth how you did this ? Maybe in the original 1st post . you would be a icon.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    Twin turbo LS E36 M3
    Thats awesome. thanks for sharing!!
    328i Sedan Twin s366's, 6.0LS, TH400, MS3 Ultimate
    9.20 at 150 on 22psi

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    You can use a hosting site like fileden.com just like people use photobucket for pics. You can probably use Dropbox too but I never used it for data/text type files.

My Cars
    E36 Turbo
    Share by uploading to google drive or dropbox, etc... then just past the links in this thread.

My Cars
    1991 BMW 325i
    I have to at least try this out...

Could you email me a working XDF? I couldn't Get the 413 XDF to work from tunerpro

Also why isn't anyone trying ford lightening MAF? They are super cheap and very effective. I found a MAF transfer function from turbo stock Ecu ka-t tuners.

I'll at least give it a shot

My Cars
    93 e36 sedan
    Wow thanks for uploading, that MAF will easily outperform anything out there on the market right now, at a fraction of the price. Hopefully it becomes a more commonplace thing to do.

My Cars
    1998 M3 TURBO
    Subscribed.....

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com
    ICS Stage 1 NickG tune, 60lb Injectors, Blow through MAF, Synapse BOV, Boostlogic Manifold, BW-S366, Full 4" exhaust, Built Block w/ Wiseco's and K1 Rods = Good Times

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    OP , aka Ben, is what this community has been missing for a while now.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    1995 325is
    http://tunerpro.net/ is were you get the softwhere it is free to download. I am using the Ostrich 2.0 e-prom emulator, it is plug and play http://moates.net/ostrich-20-the-new-breed-p-169.html. and it has a crucial feature for the diy tuner; Bit tracking! It shows you what part of the map you are in while you tune on the fly!

My Cars
    tite
    amazing, someone sharing their hard work! in the year 2000ish you could easily download a free basemap for your 1999 Honda and fine tune it using free software. 2015 you still have to drop $1000 to tune your 1995 $2000 bmw lol

how far off would the file be for a m52?

thanks for sharing

My Cars
    1999 328i -2000 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by dashdarthturbo View Post
    this means we are no longer stuck with the Porsche maf, or the miller maf.
    still a little pricey tho...

My Cars
    92 nv 2.5 stroker

My Cars
    1998 M3 TURBO
    WARNING: I'm a total newb so take this for what it's worth. I've been researching this stuff for a very little while now. Is that Ostrich e-prom emulator $175? I get that tuning on the fly would be nice (well if you know what you're doing unlike me haha) . But if you didn't need to tune on the fly wouldn't this work ?
    http://www.openms41.org/reading-writ...s41-flash-tool It's a $33 download. It does checksums full and partial reads etc.
    I too vote for either everyone going onto romraider and sharing knowledge over there or starting a subforum here FINALLY. None of the real tuners will probably want to help but all of us shmucks so be able to put our pee brains together and figure it out haha. Hopefully MRF chimes in as he has done a unbelievable amount of disassembly of the ms41.2 over at romraider. In the end it's kind of like giving my wife a 3d printer and saying, welp there you go, now you can make something cool. She won't know what to do with it, just like I don't know how to tune a car. But you better believe I'm going to try like hell. And you can quote me on this......

"E36alpine will share EVERYTHING he learns with ANYONE who wants to try and accomplish the same goals"

haha /Rant

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and other can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think for myself and anyone else that doesn't know much about tuning we need to know the following.

Exactly which tables did you scale or modify and which ones still work properly as long as the others are correct?
    Did you do base calculations on things like mg/stroke of air compared to stock, Injector duty cycle etc?
    I guess what I'm wondering is how did you start?
    Correct me if I'm wrong but with these maf based systems, as long as you know every table that those maf values have an effect on and are scaled properly the system is very good at correcting (hence stock driveability)
    This is going to take a while, but I'm commited so why not? I figure at this point, just learn it now and I'll have it for the rest of my life.
    ICS Stage 1 NickG tune, 60lb Injectors, Blow through MAF, Synapse BOV, Boostlogic Manifold, BW-S366, Full 4" exhaust, Built Block w/ Wiseco's and K1 Rods = Good Times

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Stock DME + FMU = easy peasy.

You can find a vortech fmu for cheap . no need to spend more than $40.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    What's an FMU

My Cars
    E36 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by flyfishvt View Post
    What's an FMU
    Fuel Management Unit aka Rising rate FPR

My Cars
    1995 325is
    To all of you guy seriously considering this, yes you can use a chip burner, and load this tune for a fraction of the price. However, tuning on the fly is extremely valuable! dont look at this as just another chip, look at this as a plug and play mega-squirt for $175! No it doesn't have data logging, but it does keep almost all of the stock functionality like vanos control, and sequential fire ignition and injection. I think you have to get the mega squirt 3 to get that which would be about 1k. Imagine going to the dyno or drag strip, and being able to dial your car in right there! The days of having to trust some over the internet tuner are over, now you can tune your car, and know that it is right!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by e36ALPINE View Post
    WARNING: I'm a total newb so take this for what it's worth. I've been researching this stuff for a very little while now. Is that Ostrich e-prom emulator $175? I get that tuning on the fly would be nice (well if you know what you're doing unlike me haha) . But if you didn't need to tune on the fly wouldn't this work ?
    http://www.openms41.org/reading-writ...s41-flash-tool It's a $33 download. It does checksums full and partial reads etc.
    ms41 is the obd2 ecu, this set up is for obd1.

My Cars
    E36 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by dashdarthturbo View Post
    To all of you guy seriously considering this, yes you can use a chip burner, and load this tune for a fraction of the price. However, tuning on the fly is extremely valuable! dont look at this as just another chip, look at this as a plug and play mega-squirt for $175! No it doesn't have data logging, but it does keep almost all of the stock functionality like vanos control, and sequential fire ignition and injection. I think you have to get the mega squirt 3 to get that which would be about 1k. Imagine going to the dyno or drag strip, and being able to dial your car in right there! The days of having to trust some over the internet tuner are over, now you can tune your car, and know that it is right!
    Fact of the matter is, these motors aren't complicated... any standalone will run everything this motor has and offer more and better features for a boosted motor that wasn't boosted before.

the stock ECU has no idea what boost is, and in the end while yes you can get it all to work by using different MAF's and rescaling the ECU if you're going to put in the time to learn how to deal with the stock ECU's control strategies then you can just as easily do the same with any standalone.

The biggest advantages you have with keeping the stock ECU is calibrated knock control/detection, possible better driveability/starting (if the ECU is rescaled correctly), and of course emissions/OBD capabilities. But that's about it, and with the right ECU and the right tuner the first 2 things I've mentioned are not a big deal as you can easily have these things with a standalone.

I think it's great someone like yourself has decided to share his work for what could be a great base for some serious setups, since the HPX has a lot more overhead in the same dia. pipe then say the normal Bosch sensors commonly used. But what is really missing if people want to get this going is documentation of the maps, and documentation of the ECU's logic, etc.

My Cars
    1998 M3 TURBO
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
    Fact of the matter is, these motors aren't complicated... any standalone will run everything this motor has and offer more and better features for a boosted motor that wasn't boosted before.

the stock ECU has no idea what boost is, and in the end while yes you can get it all to work by using different MAF's and rescaling the ECU if you're going to put in the time to learn how to deal with the stock ECU's control strategies then you can just as easily do the same with any standalone.

The biggest advantages you have with keeping the stock ECU is calibrated knock control/detection, possible better driveability/starting (if the ECU is rescaled correctly), and of course emissions/OBD capabilities. But that's about it, and with the right ECU and the right tuner the first 2 things I've mentioned are not a big deal as you can easily have these things with a standalone.

I think it's great someone like yourself has decided to share his work for what could be a great base for some serious setups, since the HPX has a lot more overhead in the same dia. pipe then say the normal Bosch sensors commonly used. But what is really missing if people want to get this going is documentation of the maps, and documentation of the ECU's logic, etc.
    Yup that's exactly what I'm after haha. I have to pass OBD2 inspection. Plus in theory, I have the Flash tool and Romraider software for a total of $33. I don't know that I need to tune on "the fly" so much. I could still easily do a 1/4 mile pull, read my data logs, and reflash before the next run. I'm glad that you guys are willing to share some of this information. I also believe that the maps MRF and others (not sure how many of them are on bimmerforums as well) have defined in the romraider software would allow all you guys that easily tune standalones to then tune the stock ECU as well.

My Cars
    92 nv 2.5 stroker
    Can someone send me this tune on a chip

My Cars
    E36 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by xTKox View Post
    Can someone send me this tune on a chip
    And so it begins....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast