Thread: SRS Fault code 38 03

My Cars
    2000 Z3 Roadster 2.8 Silver

SRS Fault code 38 03

Table 38, code 03 Supply voltage. Every time I reset it come back immediately.

Had my 2000, 2.8 Roadster in the garage for a couple of weeks to install a new top. Recently replace the battery a few weeks ago. Didn't have any problems until today when I went to test drive. Light seemed to come on as soon as I put it in gear and started moving.

I did a search and couldn't come up with anything.

Thanks

Bill

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    There have been many threads lately where people have been led astray by incorrect SRS code readers. Yout best bet is to get the codes read with a real scanner. I have such if you want to stop by.

/.randy

My Cars
    Thank you so much Randy. The light is still off. I just ordered me a USB cable off ebay. Searching for a 20 pin adapter and some software to install on my laptop. It does look like table 38 is actually 40 in the Peake manual.

My Cars
    E36M3/E46M3/E39M5/E63M6
    Bringing this old thread from the dead as I got the same code - 38/03 w/Peake SRS tool - and it won't even re-set (tried many times).
    A bit of a background - my car would get airbag light from time to time when I'd move seats around, but I was always able to re-set the light with Peake and it would be gone for months...this time I didn't even move the seat - I think the car has been sitting for a couple of weeks, and when I started it, got the light.
    Do I need to take this to somebody with a more serious SRS tool, cause I can't find anything that describes 38/03 codes?
    E36/8 2000 M Coupe Cosmos Black/Black
    Shark, Conforti CAI, B&B Exhaust, H&R, Bilstein, AKG Subframe/Diff, UUC TME Red/Caps, Swapped Front Hats, Ice>Link.
    ================================================== =======================

My Cars
    1998 Z3 1.9 5 speed
    Reseat all the connectors under the seats and have another go - they can be very touchy.

My Cars
    E36M3/E46M3/E39M5/E63M6
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeRunner919 View Post
    Reseat all the connectors under the seats and have another go - they can be very touchy.
    Will definitely try over the weekend.
    Can anyone tell me what is 38/03 code pointing to? I can't find this fault in the booklet that I have.
    Shark, Conforti CAI, B&B Exhaust, H&R, Bilstein, AKG Subframe/Diff, UUC TME Red/Caps, Swapped Front Hats, Ice>Link.

My Cars
    1998 Z3 1.9 5 speed
    Quote Originally Posted by TexaZ3 View Post
    Will definitely try over the weekend.
    Can anyone tell me what is 38/03 code pointing to? I can't find this fault in the booklet that I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by rf900rkw View Post
    There have been many threads lately where people have been led astray by incorrect SRS code readers. Yout best bet is to get the codes read with a real scanner. I have such if you want to stop by.

My Cars
    In my case, it turned out to be a wire behind the passenger seat. After jiggling the wire a bit I was able to reset it.

My Cars
    E36M3/E46M3/E39M5/E63M6
    Finally got a cheap Windows laptop and installed INPA to diagnose this. Ended up being faulty passenger side pre-tensioner:

So I got the seat out:

Got new tensioner:

Took a chance to clean up the carpet under the seat. Nice and clean:

Reinstalled and re-set the light. All good.