Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drivetrain malfunction: timing chain, fuel injector recall for V8 F01/F02

My Cars
    I feel like you guys don't understand what's going on. There are literally a hundred different reasons your check engine light could turn on. BMW had a service action on one particular problem. So, if your vehicle has this particular issue, maybe, just maybe, with the right amount of persuading, BMW would pay for it. However, if your vehicle has one of the other hundreds of problems that could turn on the check engine light, HAVE A NICE DAY!!!! You're on your own. Everybody thinks that because there happened to be recalls on this engine for a few isolated problems, that every future repair for the next 50 years should be free. Good luck. Take it to a shop, have someone diagnose the problem, pay for the repair, and move on with your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2013 BMW 750Li M Sport
    @White94RX the car has been at dealership now 7 days and they're saying they don't know what's wrong with it and now it doesn't want to start!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm having the Drivetrain Malfuction problem that everyone was referring to with the rough idling and hard starting with the sluggish ride and the message saying drive moderately but the dealer and BMW are saying there was no recall for this issue everyone else is saying there was one so I'm trying g to get some help on what to do

My Cars
    BMW 750LI XDrive
    @White94RX, I don't think that any of us are trying to get something covered for free. Based on the thread, there does appear to be some liability on BMW's part that they are not owning up to. My car has been back at the dealership several times and they initially kept telling me that they didn't know what was going on. They changed my spark plugs and that didn't solve the problem with the "drivetrain malfunction" error message. My car was taken back in and they changed one of the ignition coils, which seemed to solve that problem as I have not gotten the "drivetrain malfunction" since then. That repair was approx $200 but the dealership covered that cost as they thought that my CPO was still active but had expired on 6/30/17.

Now, I continue to have the issue with the care "jerking" as I give it more gas. Dealership kept telling me that they don't know what is causing it and that I will just have to live with it. One day my husband was driving the car on the highway, I was in the passenger seat, he pressed on the accelerator (going approx 70mph or more) and the car jerks, slows down, shakes a little, and the "transmission malfunction" error message comes up. I take the care back to the dealership and they keep my car for about 5 days, then tells me that I need a new transmission. Cost is $12,250 and BMW will cover half. Personally, I don't want to pay for a new transmission and quite saddened that it took for the actual "transmission malfunction" for them to say that I have a bad transmission, particularly when they previously checked it and said that there was no issue with the transmission. I am frustrated at this point and will very likely be trading my car in for a Lexus (:!

@Younggun504, I hope that they can figure out what's wrong with your car. The dealership kept assuring me that my issues had nothing to due with the items that are covered under the CCP.

My Cars
    2014 BMW 750Li
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamUS View Post
    Any luck with BMW taking care of the problem on these vehicles with expired CCP or out of warranty?...I have that same dreaded message “Drivetrain Malfunctions” to pop up on my 2014 750Li 84k Miles....and have a service appointment scheduled too.... just really aggravated and hoping for some GREAT NEWS from the dealership when I get there...... Also I called and was told I have a N63T engine—-any information on that— just want to be armed with any knowledge I can when I arrive for my appointment???
    Hi!

Would you mind giving an update on your appointment? Did BMW cover the expenses?

I have a 2014 750Li 43k miles.
    The first time the “Drivetrain Malfunction” message popped up, was November 2017. My car was still under manufacturer warranty so they didn’t charge me for repairs.
    Yesterday I got the same “Drivetrain Malfunction” message..this time the check engine light popped up. My car was jerking and felt like it was going to turn off. I have to schedule an appointment for today..and my car is out of warranty.

I would greatly appreciate any info you can share!!

Thank you!!

My Cars
    750Li
    Greetings all! I’m in the process of purchasing a CPO 2015 750Li xdrive. Does this model of the F02 have some of the same “driver malfunction” issues that’s been mentioned with some of earlier models? It currently has 36k miles on it and I think it’s the N63T engine.

Let me know, thanks!

My Cars
    2012 750i
    I have a 2012 750i with 49k miles. From my understanding the customer care package was completed a few years before I bought it. I just spent $1300 changing the turbo lines from a significant oil leak and now I have a drivetrain malfunction message with a yellow check engine light. Does anyone know if bmw will look at the car again even though the customer care package was completed? I read so much about this drivetrain malfunction message and the customer care package but because the car already had it completed I am wondering if it can be done again?
    I noticed white smoke a few months ago after 15 mins of idling in hot weather but the car has been driving fine until today.
    The car is not running bad it is just in limp mode. The code on my normal scanner was p0022. The drivetrain message came on with no warning. Any input would be great! Thank you.
    Last edited by Ph2426; 11-15-2018 at 10:42 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 750li 2009google
    This is very help when calling bmw what do I tell them if it’s not called a recall to get them to honor fixing the car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12