Thread: 2015 M4 Break In

My Cars
    2015 BMW M4

2015 M4 Break In

Hello everybody, I'm new to the forum. I just had a quick question. I bought my 2015 M4 off the lot having 300km's and after looking at the break in procedures I was wondering would the dealer have taken my car on hard test drives before I bought it? And if those test drives really hurt me in the long term? Thanks.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Not really... dealers know better than that. I doubt it will do any harm. Not everyone subscribes to the "taking it easy" for 1200 miles deal. Some believe to drive it like you stole it from mile 1.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Sometimes I think that it shouldn't hurt that bad if you go hard on that 'break-in' procedure. Or you could also give it some short WOT when an opportunity arises.

My Cars
    2015 M4 F82

2015 M4 Break In

Drove mine off the lot and never let off the throttle... I've owned 10+ M Cars and only had an issue with one of them... The X5-M motor got really hot and would melt some plastic piece near the firewall.

Otherwise, you're cool to have fun with the car out of the box. I wouldn't recommend a track day in the first 1000 miles, but around town your not going to hurt a new M car.

Nobody makes a better car than BMW, so enjoy it!

My latest ride
    Last edited by mdozois; 02-21-2015 at 03:33 PM.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Nice.