Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Existing profiles not working in NCS Expert V4.0.1

My Cars
    '08 335I

Existing profiles not working in NCS Expert V4.0.1

I finally got a version of NCS Expert that works on windows 8. I got everything to talk, pull the VIN all that stuff, but only on the default profile (after setting the options listed in the common DIY). I haven't attempted to write anything to the car yet because I'm unsure how important the profiles are. When I try to load the other profiles (like expertmode or Revtor's profile) I get an error that says "Profilversion2.0 ungultig!" Some older threads this may be because these profiles are from an earlier and incompatible version than the version of NCS I'm using now.

How important are these profiles? Couldn't I create a new profile with the same settings? If so how do I find out what all settings in need to match these existing profiles? Or is there a way to have these older profiles work with the new NCS expert?

2008 BMW 335I | Sport | Premium | Cold Weather | Logic7 | Black/Black

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Quote Originally Posted by 330CIAF View Post
    I finally got a version of NCS Expert that works on windows 8. I got everything to talk, pull the VIN all that stuff, but only on the default profile (after setting the options listed in the common DIY). I haven't attempted to write anything to the car yet because I'm unsure how important the profiles are. When I try to load the other profiles (like expertmode or Revtor's profile) I get an error that says "Profilversion2.0 ungultig!" Some older threads this may be because these profiles are from an earlier and incompatible version than the version of NCS I'm using now.

How important are these profiles? Couldn't I create a new profile with the same settings? If so how do I find out what all settings in need to match these existing profiles? Or is there a way to have these older profiles work with the new NCS expert?

Here you go. https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=B62FE...40159FEB5!1365

In the zip folder you will find 3 NCS Expert profiles for the new NCSExpert 4.0.1. Also the English translate file is there too. You copy the "NCSEXPER.TXT" file into NCSEXPER/CFGDAT and it will be in English.
    Last edited by 328 Power 04; 02-03-2015 at 09:27 PM.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    '08 335I
    I cant thank you enough. Really thank you!! Thats exactly what i needed. After tweaking the latency timer on the usb port, everything started flowing without any errors. In hindsight the whole process makes a lot of sense. I was able to code the digital speedometer and close windows with fob in like 5 minutes. I've been fighting with this for practically years (got the cable dec 2012, i'd give up for a few months at a time) with no luck. You're my hero.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    You're welcome. Took me a while to figure it all out too, as I wanted NCS Expert on my Windows 8 64bit system on MS Surface Pro tablet. It has more power and better battery life than my old laptops.

What were the best settings for latency for you?
    -Abel

- 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    '08 335I
    1ms (16ms by default) which is what the DIY says, but i didnt go back and modify the cable settings initially because i got the two black dots in INPA and thought everything was talking. I was even able to pull information (VIN). It wasnt until i was basically getting an immediate timeout when trying to code something that i realized maybe it was a latency issue.

My Cars
    BMW E91 320d

profiles

Quote Originally Posted by 328 Power 04 View Post

In the zip folder you will find 3 NCS Expert profiles for the new NCSExpert 4.0.1. Also the English translate file is there too. You copy the "NCSEXPER.TXT" file into NCSEXPER/CFGDAT and it will be in English.
    Hi
    I just found this thread, and wanted to try out coding myself.
    Super cool that you provided the ncsexpert for Windows 8.
    However im having some isues with editing the profiles, whats the password? Ive tried repext.
    I tried to read without editing first, but got an error, something like FA $ak7 invalid, you know what that Means?
    Any help would be appriciated.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Quote Originally Posted by cpoulsen78 View Post
    Hi
    I just found this thread, and wanted to try out coding myself.
    Super cool that you provided the ncsexpert for Windows 8.
    However im having some isues with editing the profiles, whats the password? Ive tried repext.
    I tried to read without editing first, but got an error, something like FA $ak7 invalid, you know what that Means?
    Any help would be appriciated.
    I do not have the password to those profiles, unfortunately. You generally do not need to edit the profiles to do coding though.

For your error, you need to update your NCSExpert from latest daten files like this:

1.Go to ECU folder of your daten files and copy all files to /ediabas/ecu (replace your files with the newest files).
    2.Go to sgdat folder and copy all files to /NCSEXPER/SGDAT (replace your files with the newest).
    3.Go to daten folder and start laden.bat

If you don't have laden.bat file go to daten folder and copy all files with .000, .DAT , .ASC extensions to /NCSEXPER/DATEN. And all other files copy to /NCSEXPER/DATEN/E89 (folder of your vehicle data).
    Last edited by 328 Power 04; 11-12-2015 at 08:36 AM.
    -Abel

- 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    bmw e92 328i

Thanks!

man i cant thank you enough really you are a life saver , the funny thing is i have the same problem as yours with old laptops

My Cars
    2008 528xi

Hey all,

i'm new to this forum and coding. how do you load the profiles on to NCS?

My Cars
    540i/6, 911 C4
    Quote Originally Posted by jaesin View Post
    Hey all,

I downloaded the profiles as well and I have no idea how to load them onto NCSexpert, any help would be great. Thanks

My Cars
    540i/6, 911 C4
    Quote Originally Posted by jaesin View Post
    Hey all,

Download the file he linked. You'll get 3 files, turn them into .pfl file types. Then go to the (C drive and open up NCSEXPER. Save thos downloaded profiles in the PFL folder.

My Cars
    2008 135i
    Hi,

I'm clicking on the link above to download the Expert Mode profile but it says that it is no longer available. Can someone help me with a link that works to download Expert Mode profile so I can code a new ALC unit. Thanks

My Cars
    2007 E90 2.0 D Turkish

Post very urgent !! pls

[QUOTE = 328 Güç 04; 28284408] İşte başlıyorsunuz. https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=B62FE...40159FEB5!1365

Zip klasöründe yeni NCSExpert 4.0.1 için 3 NCS Expert profili bulacaksınız. Ayrıca İngilizce çeviri dosyası da var. "NCSEXPER.TXT" dosyasını NCSEXPER / CFGDAT içine kopyalayın ve İngilizce olacaktır. [/ QUOTE]

Merhaba arkadaşım, kötü bağlantıyı yenileyebilirsin.
    Şu an gerçekten
    teşekkür ederim.

My Cars
    2010 BMW E90 320d

Blank link

Good day would you mind sending the files as the URL says the files are missing?

Regards

My Cars
    2000 740iL, 2006 530Xi
    Hi, I'm new to the forum. I need the new NCS Expert 4.0.1 profiles, but this OneDrive URL is no longer valid. Can anyone provide another source to get 4.0.1 compatible profiles? I believe I need the Expertmode and Revtor profiles.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 330i

Did you find the files?

Quote Originally Posted by automobilephile View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the forum. I need the new NCS Expert 4.0.1 profiles, but this OneDrive URL is no longer valid. Can anyone provide another source to get 4.0.1 compatible profiles? I believe I need the Expertmode and Revtor profiles.

Did you find the files? I need them too.

Thanks,

Bill

Hello fellas has anyone found these files ...of course I need them as well if anyone out there has a link for them can you send them to me I would greatly appreciate it

My Cars
    1997 BMW E39 528i
    Hello Everyone,

Hopefully I will be able to fix issues I have with your help.

Seems I've killed my dads CCC unit on 2007 E63 650i. Now it is stuck on BMW logo.

Learned - read all possible info before updating ANY unit, and have backup done before.
    There is only one excuse me in this issue, I was afraid to use NSC Expert, and before worked only with E34
    Seems time to study again comes.

After running updates in ISTA-P for CCC unit, CCC-BO failed to restore stored info and requested activation code - I guess too late now, anyway no voice is not big deal.
    If possible fix, would be great, if not it is OK.

Another huge issue comes - CCC-A module for some reason have 0000000 part number and provide 2 fields in ISTA-P to input part number. "CCC-A programmed control unit" have empty part number field and asking to provide part number as well (and reject anything).
    W/O those part numbers, seems everything is stuck

I found exact same issue here (w/o 0000000 issue): https://mhhauto.com/Thread-BO-ASK-M-CCC-individual-data

Advised resolution
    WinKFP:
    CCC-GW (C6260)
    -ASK (C3F60)
    -ANT (C4760) - failed w/o clear description, but OK in ISTA-P
    -BO (C6360)
    -A (CA060) - failed with "Needed Number 0000000 nit found in file hwnr.da2"

Since it has 2 errors, I did not proceed with NSC, and stop any further attempts until find out at least any steps to resolve issue.

I though search for maximum close "part number" for unit in change it in file hwnr.da2 to 0000000, and hope it will work.
    By searching and reading info, seems that NSC Expert might help to resolve this issue.

If someone know (or at least guess), how it might be resolved, and share this info, it would be great.

Any help or advice is really appreciated

CCC unit info:

6583 9117560-02
    108788 10
    GERMANY
    07-06. HW 9.8
    CCC E60 Modul 1 CD
    BA203061056007

Thank you very much in advance.

My Cars
    1997 BMW E39 528i
    Hello Everyone,

Here is my first post, hopefully I will be able to fix issues I have with your help.

Issue: When CCC module start, it is show only BMW logo

It is on my father car. 2007 E63 650i, and seems I messed up with CCC unit during updates (only later found that it is not good idea to do this.)
    And sure, I did not make any backups since only NSC allow to do this, and I was afraid to touch it.

So far, I was not able to find anything close my issue, when one of modules have "part number" and how to handle it.

After running updates in ISTA-P, CCC-BO failed to restore stored info and requested activation code - it is not big deal if voice will not work later, but would be good to have it.

Biggest isue is CCC-A module becomes have 0000000 part number and provide 2 fields during ISTA-P to input part number. CCC-A "programmed control unit" have empty part number field and asking to provide part number as well (reject anything).
    W/O those part numbers, seems everything is stuck

So far, what has been done:
    found exact same issue here (w/o 0000000 issue): https://mhhauto.com/Thread-BO-ASK-M-CCC-individual-data

Advised resolution
    WinKFP:
    CCC-GW (C6260)
    -ASK (C3F60)
    -ANT (C4760) - failed w/o clear description
    -BO (C6360)
    -A (CA060) - failed with "Needed Number 0000000 nit found in file hwnr.da2"

Since it has 2 errors, I did not proceed with NSC, and stop any further attempts until find out at least any steps to resolve issue.

After a lot of researching seems NSC Expert might be able to resolve this issue by assigning correct "part number" to CCC-A.
    I also found that unit might be re-flashed bu someone's dump, but it is still not clear if it is straight flashing by chip un-soldering or using any OBD2 app.

If someone know what exactly needs to be done, it will save a lot of time for me
    Any help or advice is really appreciated.

Bright side of the issue - finally I touch NSC Expert, and hopefully will use it soon....

Here is CCC unit info:

6583 9117560-02
    108788 10
    GERMANY
    07-06. HW 9.8
    CCC E60 Modul 1 CD
    BA203061056007

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

My Cars
    1997 BMW E39 528i
    error.jpg
    Update:
    Running NSX Expert, refresh all CCC modules to manufacturer state, except CTUNE, which fails.
    It was failing on both read and write, after using option to reset, it begin reads, but keep failing to coding. Please see attached pic.
    Looking online show that sometimes newer DATEN files resolve this issue, since I used latest available v66, I attempt to use older v65, with same result.
    Any idea?

Thank you.

My Cars
    535i
    Here are the profiles i have on my google drive and ill link to them below for any that need them.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rs0...ew?usp=sharing

My Cars
    Bmw 318ti compact
    ...Hi is this no longer available ?

My Cars
    BMW E61
    Hi, I need the profiles too, anychance you could share them out again please? Much appreciated. Thanks

My Cars
    2011 e87
    hi 328. i was wondering if you could repost those inpa english script files
    be much appreciated if you could. thanks

My Cars
    2004 530i BMW
    Hi I brought an 04 530i and I would like to change the monitor to a touch screen with android. So I now hav the radio and a data cable aux cable and now I'm stuck because I don't hav the files that are needed revtors ncs expert profile I've searched all over the internet for these profiles and it brings me to here can someone please point me in the right direction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast