Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2002 BMW M3 Convertible "noob"

M_3_X is offline Breaking Stereotypes BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    '02 M3, '05 X3, '91 E30
    Upper shock mounts like to squeak too, and they're known to fail.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
    -Mario Andretti.
    1991 E30 325ic, AW, Black leather, Black top, three pedals.

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible
    I will look into...Thank you guys!!

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible
    Brakes done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible
    I would like to purchase a good sound exhaust. But i really don't know much about quality exhausts for the E46 ///M3. Whats out there, that is great deep sound?
    thx
    Ben

My Cars
    '02 M3, '05 X3, '91 E30
    Quote Originally Posted by Benocehcap View Post
    Brakes done.
    Wow you that's pricey. You could have saved at least $200.00 on the parts with a BMWCCA membership!
    -Mario Andretti.

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by M_3_X View Post
    Wow you that's pricey. You could have saved at least $200.00 on the parts with a BMWCCA membership!
    Yes I could. Even buying them at ECS running I would of save some coin. But the problem I don't know anyone that can install them. So, at least if I have any issues it's covered I think.

Ben

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    +1 on the membership if you plan on using the dealership for your work.

I am surprised that they didn't replace the Airbag, for I had mine done last month and got a brand spanking new one. Maybe it was the build date?

$169 isn't bad for a 4-wheel alignment, but wow $700 for labor? The must have taken their time on replacing the brakes as that should have been a 2 hour job.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    '02 M3, '05 X3, '91 E30
    Quote Originally Posted by Benocehcap View Post
    But the problem I don't know anyone that can install them.

Ben
    You can still take it to the dealer and get the discount on parts from them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dworthy View Post
    I am surprised that they didn't replace the Airbag, for I had mine done last month and got a brand spanking new one. Maybe it was the build date?
    Mine was replaced the first time around in 2014....they opened a new campaign for some airbags earlier this year, I receive a letter to take the car and they would visually inspect the airbags and determine if they needed repacing, they didn't. Probably his car was the same case.
    -Mario Andretti.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    I have a Supersprint Sport muffler, top notch quality and an awesome sound. Not too loud not to quiet.

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible
    +1 on the membership if you plan on using the dealership for your work.

$169 isn't bad for a 4-wheel alignment, but wow $700 for labor? The must have taken their time on replacing the brakes as that should have been a 2 hour job.

They had changed that airbag when i was there two years ago with the "EML" light problem. They probably saw the new airbag installed already thats why.

I agree on the labor. They gave me a 2017 X5 brand new with 250 miles on the clock for 1 1/2 as a loner. Maybe they factored init.

FullSizeRender 2.jpgFullSizeRender 3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    I have a Supersprint Sport muffler, top notch quality and an awesome sound. Not too loud not to quiet.

Not looking for "used" only if its TI.

Thank you for your time!

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible
    My e46 M3 is getting closer of the 150,000 mark. What is the maintenance recommendations at that period???
    Thx!

My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    Time for it's 3rd Inspection-II. With most cars that are not ran as much, like I do 5k average, I has shortened the intervals from 15k to 10k. Have a look at the cooling system, if nothing has been replaced, do an overhaul.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible
    Time for it's 3rd Inspection-II. With most cars that are not ran as much, like I do 5k average, I has shortened the intervals from 15k to 10k. Have a look at the cooling system, if nothing has been replaced, do an overhaul.
    Do I need to do the valve adjustments??

My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    That is part of the Inspection.

Have I posted this yet?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Darin
    Current:
    Past:
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible
    That is part of the Inspection.

Have I posted this yet?
    Thanks!
    You're correct, I was just confused with all the visits to the BMW that I forgot about when was it.

Another question is my vents.
    I have changed myself the FSU 2 times with BMW OEM part. Both of them have failed. I just purchased a $27 eBay part to replace the oem that I have installed about 10 months ago???

My question before I give up and drop it at the dealership to get it sorted. Is there a possibility that something else is causing the FSU to fail???a circuit somewhere???
    Thx
    Ben

My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    You do know that most BMW parts come with a 2 year warranty? I would check with the dealership before you purchase another FSU, as I think they got a bad batch.
    Darin
    Current:
    Past:
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible
    You do know that most BMW parts come with a 2 year warranty? I would check with the dealership before you purchase another FSU, as I think they got a bad batch.
    I have the receipt. I will ask them. The problem with this part, is when I install it. It doesn't connect right, even tho is connected "male to female" the connection is lose. It's suppose to be sturdy. I think that's what it's causing to burn out.

My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    Yeah, that will do it. If you can, give them a call and let them know about the issues you are having with the FSR. This is the correct P/N 64116923204, is it the same on the paperwork?
    Darin
    Current:
    Past:
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible

2002 BMW M3 Convertible "noob"

Yeah, that will do it. If you can, give them a call and let them know about the issues you are having with the FSR. This is the correct P/N 64116923204, is it the same on the paperwork?
    I found the receipt. Just over 2 years! Now I'm really confused, because I was sure that I had it changed earlier then that. But that's the only receipt that I could find on my service folder.

Last edited by Benocehcap; 08-23-2017 at 04:13 PM.

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible
    I only paid $27 for the eBay FSU. I know its garbaged, but if it fails i can send it back to him. Or at least it only cost me 27 bucks can't really blame me for trying. Its in a good timing, its summer and i have time to fix it, i will try that eBay part and see if it couples tight, not like the OEM part that wobbles around when its coupled. I thought about going in there and complain about the part not coupling right when its installed, but i know they will not listen to me and just take the car in and charge me for labor, then 6 month down the road it will start to fail again. So i felt like doing it myself and see what the out come. It held this long cuz i used a rag to push it in the wires it worked for a month then start to fail again. I used a rope to hold it in a different position and it worked for another month or so...just kept doing the same technic until this week when it completely died. Now its DEAD!

I was thinking on adding some dielectric grease on the connectors...Do you think this will help?
    If this part fails and i hit 150,000 I'm just going to drop it off at the BMW dealership to have it inspection II done and have this issue sorted. This way if it fails, cuz it will!! i just go back there and tell them that the vents are no longer working...So they can fix it for free since they did the job.

The car is running good, and strong! these problems wasn't mine doing, it came with the car when i purchased used. The previous owner was a douchebag!

My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    If the connector would be out in the weather, sure dielectric grease would work, but for inside, I don't find the value. You could consider Wurth contact cleaner spray, I like using that everytime I unhook anything electrical with a quick spray on each end.

Funny you should mention it, but on those rare occasions, I have found a couple ebay parts last a long time, so perhaps you found the diamond in the ruff.
    Darin
    Current:
    Past:
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible
    If the connector would be out in the weather, sure dielectric grease would work, but for inside, I don't find the value. You could consider Wurth contact cleaner spray, I like using that everytime I unhook anything electrical with a quick spray on each end.

Funny you should mention it, but on those rare occasions, I have found a couple ebay parts last a long time, so perhaps you found the diamond in the ruff.
    I will keep you posted. I really appreciate your help.

My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    No problem, as I tell others: The advice is free, it's up to you to follow or ignore it.
    Darin
    Current:
    Past:
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible
    No problem, as I tell others: The advice is free, it's up to you to follow or ignore it.
    Got the eBay part Saturday. Doesn't have any part number or anything. Just the box info.
    This time I went all out and got connecter cleaner and electric lube. The car connector looks corroded to dead. I sprayed the connecter cleaner and add some grease, or whatever you call that paste.

Now the AC is working 100%. I also changed the cigarette lighter fuse. All working! For how long??? Who knows!

My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    Yeah, that is pretty corroded, and that means resistance. The more resistance means a higher power draw to get things to work properly.

I am glad it worked out in the end, for sometimes the cheap stuff really does work.
    Darin
    Current:
    Past:
    M-Flight Member

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast