Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FS: Z3 Coupe LED 3rd brake lights

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quote Originally Posted by stega View Post
    Memememe! Will do the swap since it’s still nice weather here and my little monster gets out often.
    PM incoming.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Current "stock" of retro lights are sold out, but have no fear a parts order was just placed to make the next batch. I should have a few ready in a week or two if you need one.

I do have ONE "scratch and dent" that has a repaired crack in the visible lens. With a bit of more polishing and elbow grease it would likely be unnoticeable, or run it as is. Great opportunity for a track car to allow flashing that doesnt need to be cosmetically perfect. It is available at a $35 discount, so $115 SHIPPED (Cont. US).
    Last edited by robb1887; 10-22-2021 at 08:15 AM.

My Cars
    1987 325iS
    Hi Robb

Just checking in, is Option A available at this time? My car is parked outside so I'd prefer Option A over B. Thanks!

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quote Originally Posted by brian52555 View Post
    Hi Robb

Just checking in, is Option A available at this time? My car is parked outside so I'd prefer Option A over B. Thanks!
    I have the "scratch and dent" in stock ready to ship. I'm working with one buyer that had an issue with his core return, and USPS with a insurance claim that is dragging on since September. I hope to have a new batch ready in a few weeks. I do not beleive I even have any boards ready to "chop and swap" with a Option B light so I need to place an LED order soon to work the ones I have.

My Cars
    1987 325iS
    Hi Robb, I'll take the scratch and dent. Please PM me with paypal details. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, once I receive and replace, I will send you my Original for an Option B replacement so i can have a spare.

Edit: NM, found your payment details in my inbox. Payment sent for the unit.
    Last edited by brian52555; 11-08-2021 at 01:00 PM.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Until further notice, I can only offer option B swaps. Unfortunately due to USPS damage (and an ECS backordered light) and a bad core, I have no spares to offer option A swaps.

If anyone has a brake light to sell, let me know.

Thanks.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    I have 4 quick swap boards ready to rock for option B turn around times being one working day. Shipping back is Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Great news is my ECS order placed in the beginning of November is showing up today with a brand new light

I'll have an Option A swap available this weekend.

The NEW core swap will have a small premium price bump as it will be brand new LED retrofitted in MINT condition. Price is $250 SHIPPED.

Best new price I can find shipped averages $280-320 depending on the source and these will still have the junk incandescent bulbs that will eventually burn out again.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post
    Great news is my ECS order placed in the beginning of November is showing up today with a brand new light

I'll have an Option A swap available this weekend.

The NEW core swap will have a small premium price bump as it will be brand new LED retrofitted in MINT condition. Price is $250 SHIPPED.

Best new price I can find shipped averages $280-320 depending on the source and these will still have the junk incandescent bulbs that will eventually burn out again.
    I'll take it if it's not claimed yet.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quote Originally Posted by doclip View Post
    I'll take it if it's not claimed yet.
    I have first and second dibs on the new light already. if they fall through I'll reach out. Option B is always an option or Ill have used core hopefully in rotation soon.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    The Option A new core has been sent out, so we're back to our regularly scheduled pricing. A new Option A should be available after the holidays.

I have Option B parts ready to swap and turn around in a day. Return shipping days are Wednesday, Friday, Saturday.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    3 months, 3 appeals, 3+ phone calls, a 3 page timeline of events, with 8 supporting references documents finally convinced USPS that my insurance claim is valid and approved.

FINALLY.

Man what a headache.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    New Option A light ready to ship today

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Two cores show up tomorrow. I should have boards swapped and ready for the next Coupe later this week. One may already be spoken for.

My Cars
    335i, 330i, 73 1/2 911T built to RS Specs
    trying to figure the difference between A and B...Im interested.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quote Originally Posted by geomazu View Post
    trying to figure the difference between A and B...Im interested.
    A) You send me photos of your light to verify its satisfactory for reuse, pay for the light + core deposit, I ship you a core swap light, you install the new light, you return your core, I refund you core deposit

B) You ship me your light, I rework it, you pay for the light, I return your light

I have a core light ready to ship tomorrow for option A, I have pre-worked light boards ready for option B. If you'll be at Schuh I plan to bring them some as well.

My Cars
    99 2.8 Coupe
    Happy customer chiming in here!
    Thank you Robb for the great service and product.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Bump, Schuh orders complete. New core is in had ready to ship.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    I'm really starting to loathe USPS.... another light SNAFU that is been delivered to the local regional facility and been "lost" there since Sunday and is 'delayed, still on it's way'. B.S. I can drive to the regional facility in 30 minutes, why is it taking 5 days.

/rant

My Cars
    00 Mshoe

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3 Coupe
    Hey robb1887, new Z3 coupe owner and new to this forum. For some reason I can't figure out how to send you a DM. Do you have an email or perhaps you can DM me? I don't know if there's a probation period to have DM capabilities. I have a 99 Z3 coupe 2.8 and the whole third brake light isn't working.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quote Originally Posted by djjayp View Post
    Hey robb1887, new Z3 coupe owner and new to this forum. For some reason I can't figure out how to send you a DM. Do you have an email or perhaps you can DM me? I don't know if there's a probation period to have DM capabilities. I have a 99 Z3 coupe 2.8 and the whole third brake light isn't working.
    DMs/PMs require 5 posts to "unlock"

If the ENTIRE light isn't working there is a 95% chance you have a breakage in the wiring loom going from the body to the hatch. The 3rd brake light wiring passes through the driver side boot. I would start there, but will happily provide an LED replacement if needed.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Bump. Had an opportunity to present itself that I couldn't pass on. Need to sell some lights to take some of the edge off

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast