Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FS: Z3 Coupe LED 3rd brake lights

My Cars
    Chariot
    This thread needs more flasher in it. Please tell me you have some footage...

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Kelvin is going to be checking his Friday footage to see if the flasher was captured. I can't say I noticed it but I didn't do much night driving to be able to see it.

I'll have a new one ready to go here soon (sans flasher) since I was able to get two sold during Schuh to Kelvin and Bergy

My Cars
    z3
    Regarding the flasher (holding out for that for right now) will it be flashing only under hard deceleration?

Ideally, I'd want it to flash under hard braking, but constant when smooth braking and stopped. Sounds like thats the case here but I want to make sure. Saw a new F150 this morning with a flashing third brake light while just stopped at a light and it looked incredibly stupid

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Regarding the flasher (holding out for that for right now) will it be flashing only under hard deceleration?

Ideally, I'd want it to flash under hard braking, but constant when smooth braking and stopped. Sounds like thats the case here but I want to make sure. Saw a new F150 this morning with a flashing third brake light while just stopped at a light and it looked incredibly stupid
    That's how it's supposed to work. Smooth under normal braking and hold and two different flash patterns for medium and hard then holds.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe

My Cars
    02 MC, 01 MR, 99 Z3C
    Quote Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post
    Kelvin is going to be checking his Friday footage to see if the flasher was captured. I can't say I noticed it but I didn't do much night driving to be able to see it.

I'll have a new one ready to go here soon (sans flasher) since I was able to get two sold during Schuh to Kelvin and Bergy
    I looked through my GoPro footage. I was on wide angle setting for the drives and you were too far ahead of me to catch any hard braking.
    Kelvin

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    bump, finished up my sisters large project and installed it this weekend which should free up a bunch of time for me if anyone is wanting one of these I could knock it out any night this week.

My Cars
    M Coupe, A4 Avant , MGB
    Would it be possible for you to double up on the number od LEDs, to give a more linear look to the light?

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    No, the board takes 24 bulbs, and the lens has 24 reflector cups in it.

To do it you'd have to figure out a way to remove the cups without breaking the outer lens and then likely put in a LED strip somehow to the board and make a diffuser to blend the LEDs together for the linear look and is not something I plan to offer.

My Cars
    z3
    Any updates on the flashing module?

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Haven't had a change to test/video. Life/plans has been getting in the way of all my free time. I also think I may have it attached 180* out from the accelerometer direction needed, but I'll play with it some more and report

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Jon has returned his core. I can have a new one out in 10 minutes for anyone else wanting to get this done.

With the raving reviews and the time I take to get them done I believe after this 20th one the price will be bumping up a bit. I priced them very competitively at first to get the first few out there, now that there is a considerable amount of reviews and feedback for what I produce it will be adjusted some that will still be better than a new one from BMW. LED pricing has changed a bit and I've learned I need to replace the box every few trips across the country so if you're on the fence now would be a good time to jump on the last one priced at this great point.

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Fineeeeeeee I'll do it finally. Pm me info plz I don't think I saved it last time

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Ken has the last "intro" price light locked in (finally after 18 months of saying he is getting one). We were also able to work out a deal for his spare since his new LED light will outlast his car, as he says, which will help speed up production availability a bit.

New pricing for the light has been updated to be competitive with the replacement of the original light board from BMW. We'll just remember they are hit or miss on how long they last and if repaired how long the others untouched will last. Also, replacing the board itself can be tricky without stripping the screws or breaking anything.

I replaced a few bulbs on rk900rfw's wife's Coupe and on the way back to the house (2 miles!) more lights were out from the ones I had replaced minutes ago. Ask the 20 people that have gotten them already they are worth the one time replacement and come 100% guaranteed

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    P.S. Ken is sending me his light to rebuild and return, if anyone likes to have one sent to them now I have one on the shelf ready to go!

My Cars
    '00 Z3 M Coupe +...
    Quote Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post
    P.S. Ken is sending me his light to rebuild and return, if anyone likes to have one sent to them now I have one on the shelf ready to go!
    Are you still experimenting with the "flasher" version, that responds to deceleration rates by flashing? I am quite interested in that version if it is still in the pipeline.
    Chris
    1999 M Coupe, Evergreen
    2000 332 iT 6 spd RWD S54 Sport = DD, Orient blue
    Past: 1998 540i 6-speed, Estoril Blue (BMW Individual) - New home in Iowa
    Past: 2000 M Coupe, TiAG - New Home in Austin, TX
    Southeastern PA

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    I am. There is one currently in my Coupe that I believe is 180* out from the mounting direction it needs to be. I haven't driven the Coupe at night to be able to "see" it to confirm, but I believe it's not currently operating due to the force in the wrong plane. Long story short is I need to drive my Coupe more.

My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Drive the coupe so I can figure out if I want a flasher!

Both lights going out tomorrow maybe Friday, just pulled mine off

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    If the weather holds tonight I'll likely be driving it tonight, dunno if it'll be dark by the time I get home, we'll see.

I'll keep an eye out in the mail.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Confirmed the flasher is 180° out from correct orientation. Got it to activate in reverse up the driveway. Will rotate and see about video soon somehow

My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    I am a slap-ass and didn't get to the post office last week
    But I did today (2 units priority coming your way!)

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Was wondering what happened to the turtle you said you sent them with, was expecting them Monday at the latest. I'll keep and eye out now.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Built some lights yesterday.

Ken's is ready to ship, have one complete and ready, and two more light boards with LEDs loaded for two more quick turn around.

Who needs one!

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    bump!

Hoping to get some time this week to swap the flasher module about and get some video's taken soon. Between switching shifts at work, and hiking last week and this week. Food & pack prep has been taking priority.

I have one ready to ship sitting on the shelf ready to go and two extra boards built for quick turn abouts. Hoping to get a few of these sold in quick succession to get some of the exhaust parts brought in for a fall project.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    bump

One sitting ready hot to trot... who needs one.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast