Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FS: Z3 Coupe LED 3rd brake lights

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurospec View Post
    Ditto. Last I checked mine were all functional.
    Doesn't mean you can't go LED. I've had one sent in with all bulbs functional just as "preventative". I ended up swapping it out with one of Randy's for his multiple burnt out ones I believe on his Red Coupe.

My Cars
    2001 z3 coupe
    Just sent mine with all bulbs working . . . After 14 years & 160k miles, it's only a (short) matter of time.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Got cabinum's in hand and the core return from tommy. Will be making the pair of them hopefully over the weekend. Who needs one?!

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quote Originally Posted by cabinum View Post
    Just sent mine with all bulbs working . . . After 14 years & 160k miles, it's only a (short) matter of time.
    So short a matter of time, three didn't survive the shipping.

- - - Updated - - -

Cabinum's down. One to go for ready to ship stock!

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post
    Remove 3x rubber plugs at hinge area
    Anyone knows the part number for those 3 blind plugs?
    Mine has dried out, so I bought #07147140850, but it's not the same plug

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    I don't know the part number, but bimmerbum (Ed) just ordered three of them for me with a new OEM parts order I just placed. He may be able to help. I misplaced one of mine so I ordered a new one and a few spares

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    One is sitting boxed and ready to ship for anyone that might be wanting to do this and is feeling like a compulsive buy this Saturday!

LEDs for EVERYONE!

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Welp I made a mistake. Steven was understanding and returned the light with his original and asked to have his reworked. I, of course, had no objections and made his new light from his original parts and confirmed that this one just had the LEDs backwards, which are polarity dependent.

(Light gone)
    Last edited by robb1887; 12-05-2015 at 09:47 AM.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Red Mallet 6's light is shipping out tomorrow. He is returning his broken light on receipt that will provide the parts I need to make my mistake 100% again which will mean the price will go back to the standard cost.

My Cars
    Spec3 & MCoupe
    I'll take one with the blinky option, please. If your paypal is in this thread, I missed it. Photos of my bar below.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Shipping out another light today. Should have a new core back in a week or so hopefully.

Also, I was able to work it out with "Red Mallet 6" to get his old broken light off his hands so I now have a LED circuit board "ready to drop in" to hopefully increase some turn around time for anyone interested in getting their own light done and returned (I'm looking at you Ken). All I'd need to do work wise is open up the housing, swap the boards and wire the resistor since there is no way to prewire the resister in and reclose it.

Will have another full drop in ready to go as soon as I get the core back as per the usual arrangement as well.

My Cars
    This is one of the best little mods for our cars. Removal and replacement of the CHMSL is a breeze. Rob is easy to work with and his turnaround time is super-fast.

I was concerned about visibility at wide angles (not just directly behind the car) because some LED bulbs throw a very narrow beam of light. A quick walk-around test confirmed that this is not an issue with Rob's LED 3rd brake light; his setup loses no wide angle visibility compared to stock and it benefits from significantly improved response time (instant-on nature of LED).

To anyone on the fence about getting one of these LED 3rd brake lights, do yourself a favor and get one. It's a must-have for every Coupe.

This combined with Sky's bi-xenon projector retrofit brackets and you've got a serious improvement in lighting on both ends of the car.
    -Steven

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Thanks dude!

I wouldn't offer them if they weren't as good as I hope they are. I'm hoping to figure out an accelerometer base flasher unit at some point to offer that as well as an option just over the basic flasher.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Core came back this weekend. Will have a new one ready to ship tonight!

Who needs one for a Christmas gift?!

My Cars
    Spec3 & MCoupe
    Excellent customer service and a great product. Also, the flasher unit has more settings than shown on the video at superbrightleds.com .

My Cars
    Coupes...
    Anyone know how the current Dodge tail light LEDS have it so even and uniform so you don't see the individual LEDs?

Is it just a filter or something? Any ideas how we could replicate that?
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    z3
    I imagine its the same as what modern BMWs use, essentially a light bar (like the E39 "CELIS" tails) behind a diffusing lens. Would be hard to replicate in a DIY fashion

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    I imagine its the same as what modern BMWs use, essentially a light bar (like the E39 "CELIS" tails) behind a diffusing lens. Would be hard to replicate in a DIY fashion
    Yup this pretty much.

You'd have to figure out a light diffuser that is opaque enough to hide the individual LED's but transparent enough to transfer the light through the diffuser. With our lights it would likely require replacing the entire outer cover since out lights are made for individual bulbs and have individual reflectors. I do have a busted lense I may try to take apart to see the inside of the exterior part of the light.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Will likely have a ready to ship unit setup tonight, just need to swap the boards and solder in the resistor to the core I have back since I have a board already made with the LEDs.

Also, poking around the interwebs I came across these, and will likely be picking one up soonish when I have some free time to play with it.
    Accelerometer based flasher

Seems it can be set-up for regular, medium, and hard braking. All of which can be a different flashing pattern, and returns to steady illumination when the flashing program is completed. This is pretty much everything I was looking for, unfortunately it seems they are a pain in the butt to program, but we'll see how hard they are when I get them setup in the bench. They also look to be epoxy coated so no concern on weather, and may be small enough to secure to the back of the brake light housing as is.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Today makes a bakers dozen!

My Cars
    2013 335i, 2002 Z3 3.0i
    Any video of these in operation?

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by wardoo2 View Post
    Any video of these in operation?
    I'll have mine delivered early next week and would be happy to do before/after photos and video.

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quote Originally Posted by sitdownrando View Post
    I'll have mine delivered early next week and would be happy to do before/after photos and video.

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com
    Awesome. Thanks, I don't have a video myself. And Randos are edited well versus my junk

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    Mine was delivered today...just as I left for a long weekend. I'll have it installed next Monday and try to have a before/after video link posted shortly thereafter.

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    Got it installed this afternoon. Easy installation and it looks great! I didn't realize I had 5 bulbs out until I reviewed the 'before' video...so even happier that I got this done.

Here's a quick before/after video as well as a quick and dirty tutorial for those who haven't done it yet. Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYz3xWiEKzk

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast