Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FS: Z3 Coupe LED 3rd brake lights

My Cars
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post
    From the description it seems to be a constant variable speed blink. I don't have any video since I have no experience with them yet. Other models I've seen have settings to blink a handful of times then go constant that would need to be wired into the car since its too big to fit under the wing like this one.

I believe the one that does fit under the wing is selectable on off, you just need to get to it to switch the settings from how it reads. Or remove it and splice back in the wiring it would replace.
    There are plenty that will fit under the wing. Here are the two best options that I found: http://www.xdponline.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=180 and http://www.coupeconcepts.com/index.htm

There are accelerator-based LED brake light bulbs but haven't found a good option for the 3rd brake light.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Coupe
    I need this. I think the only thing wrong with my OEM light is that 1/4 of the bulbs are out.

2000 Z3 M Coupe

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    I would GUESS that the best way to have that happen is a module that incorporates accelerometers in it. It would most likely have to be wired into the car harness and you could do it to your existing light and not need an LED replacement due to the size.

These are all GUESSING and I did no internet research at this time, but will see if I can find something when I have some time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsport3 View Post
    I need this. I think the only thing wrong with my OEM light is that 1/4 of the bulbs are out.
    If I have one over Schuh I'll bring it with me!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kobayashi View Post
    There are plenty that will fit under the wing. Here are the two best options that I found: http://www.xdponline.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=180 and http://www.coupeconcepts.com/index.htm

There are accelerator-based LED brake light bulbs but haven't found a good option for the 3rd brake light.
    I haven't really dug into these but am seeing more people interested in them apparently.

The only thing I see about those two options I don't particularly care for is the fact that the photos show them as just circuit boards. With no protection under the wing it might cause issues, a slim chance maybe, but still a chance.

My Cars
    z3
    The only thing I see about those two options I don't particularly care for is the fact that the photos show them as just circuit boards. With no protection under the wing it might cause issues, a slim chance maybe, but still a chance.
    Could you put them in a big piece of heat shrink with silicone glue on either end to seal them? Just a thought

I'm gonna do some research on my end regarding the hard braking pulsing light. I think it'd be a neat feature. I'm thinking a switch located under the brake pedal at an "almost to the floor" position could accomplish that goal could it not? And maybe instead of pulsing on and off, it could pulse between medium brightness for normal braking and a brighter brightness level? Sorry not trying to complicate things just think thats a cool idea and I'm kind of thinking out loud here.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    I think the accelerometer would be a better indication of "hard braking" And yes the items could be silicone and heat shrunk most likely but that adds to sizes and there isn't TONS of room under these wings. I am thinking the accelerometers you would want more secure anyway to give a better base to secure it to so its not moving around to give the most accurate readings.

The more I talk about it the more I like the pulse on brake and constant after, with a constant pulse on hard braking... I'm going to have to start looking more. But most likely will be a IN car addition

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Coupe
    There is a possibility that I might not be able to attend Schuh this year due to a gig in New Orleans. The car will be at Jonathan's this weekend for some work. I'll pull the brake light then and get some pics at that time. If everything looks good to you, we'll close this deal. Given the fact that it'll probably be there for a little while, if the light is ready, you can just ship it to Jonathan's.

2000 Z3 M Coupe

My Cars
    00 Mshoe

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    First one was pickdsd up in the wee hours of the morning this morning and have another to build. Time to get on that list!

My Cars
    02 MCoupe & M5, 93 MR2T
    First one was pickdsd up in the wee hours of the morning this morning and have another to build. Time to get on that list!
    Sucks that I forgot to bring it back home with me. Left it at my parents'. SMH.
    Mike a.k.a TaSkMaStA

I have a bellybutton!!!

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Aww lame! Guess you'll just have to visit down south again or get it shipped.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Number 2 was built this morning, for daven.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    daven should have his light in hand and getting me his old one back soon. Next spot is open for whomever is interested and can get me confirmation photos, emailing me is an option to make it easier, or text even!

My Cars
    E368x2 / F15
    Looking good! I will place my order in the following weeks. Thanks for doing this

/
    //

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Msilvia View Post
    Looking good! I will place my order in the following weeks. Thanks for doing this
    Motorsport3 just got on the list which makes 3. I'm going to have to order another set of parts here soon

My Cars
    1999 Z3 Coupe
    I got my light bar on Friday and installed on Sunday. No worries, no drama. Looks great, especially without the gap toothed look. Robb did a great job and kept in constant contact through the mfg and shipping process. Core deposit refunded promptly. Thanks.
    Blue Ridge Mountains
    1999 2.8 Z3 Coupe
    Arctic Silver

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Returned light in hand. Hoping to get it back out by the end of the week to Motorsport3!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    I got my light bar on Friday and installed on Sunday. No worries, no drama. Looks great, especially without the gap toothed look. Robb did a great job and kept in constant contact through the mfg and shipping process. Core deposit refunded promptly. Thanks.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Just built Motorsport3's today!

Shipping out tomorrow. Who's next?!

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    Been wanting to send you mine but got sent away on business.

Also seems I have a connectivity issue as my 3rd light isn't going on in the first place. Gotta be the wiring through the hatch somehow (as my rear internal was being sporadic as well) which won't be fun to pull out.

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    I can almost guarantee that you have wires chafed in the boot from the body to the hatch.

I'll be making another parts order after I get the 4th light "sold". Usually takes about a week to show up after the order is placed.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Coupe
    Robb, message me your address on Facebook. Ready to send that core back.

2000 Z3 M Coupe

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Got the core back from Motorsport3.

Should have the 4th one built Thursday I'm thinking, it's up for grabs for who ever would like it.

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    Guess I need to make another parts order!

Lets get you on the list!

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    New parts showed up, Thingsfisher just got his light and is planning to swap it out this weekend.

Who else needs one!

My Cars
    E368x2 / F15
    In, pm sent.
    Last edited by Msilvia; 03-29-2015 at 01:55 PM.

/
    //

My Cars
    00 Mshoe

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast