Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: State of the mod: M5 cluster -> 540 (yes, I've read the old threads)

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvbimmerk View Post
    Blacknight530 did my cluster. It’s from an X5 4.6is. Works perfectly in my ‘02 540iT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why is your oil temp so high and on cold the rpm lights should be full?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by purplecty; 03-20-2018 at 05:07 PM.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecty View Post
    Why is your oil temp so high and on cold the rpm lights should be full?

Yeah, something isn't right.

Has it always been that way dvbimmerk?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Seems like the DME might not be flashed with the right software? I feel like I remember the stock software reading oil temps too high back before we figured out how to do this. Hard to google now since this thread is what comes up.

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    Seems like the DME might not be flashed with the right software? I feel like I remember the stock software reading oil temps too high back before we figured out how to do this. Hard to google now since this thread is what comes up.
    I think at least on the e38 the oil temp didn't register at all...

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Found it: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...4#post28323084

I think at least on the e38 the oil temp didn't register at all...

Facelift E39 is different. They run the right software and do send data to the cluster, but the maps to determine the values are filled with junk. My software corrects those maps so that the temperature reads correctly and the lights turn on/off at the right time.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Found it: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...4#post28323084

Facelift E39 is different. They run the right software and do send data to the cluster, but the maps to determine the values are filled with junk. My software corrects those maps so that the temperature reads correctly and the lights turn on/off at the right time.
    I'm thinking when I flashed his DME, it was probably from my desktop computer that hadn't had the files replaced yet like my laptop. It has been updated now, so dvbimmerk should send me his DME again so I can fix it, or if he has WinKFP working, one of us can do it remotely.

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    2011 750Lix M sport
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight530i View Post
    I'm thinking when I flashed his DME, it was probably from my desktop computer that hadn't had the files replaced yet like my laptop. It has been updated now, so dvbimmerk should send me his DME again so I can fix it, or if he has WinKFP working, one of us can do it remotely.

Sorry just got around to reply. Everything worked properly when you flashed it. I then had Dinan Stage 3 engine and tranny software installed and it must’ve cancelled out what you flashed.

Tbh I wish I can get it to work again however I don’t want to undo what the Dinan software did. (In addition to dismantling the dash again lol) Perhaps someone out there knows how to reflash it while keeping the S3 software intact?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Sorry just got around to reply. Everything worked properly when you flashed it. I then had Dinan Stage 3 engine and tranny software installed and it must’ve cancelled out what you flashed.

Tbh I wish I can get it to work again however I don’t want to undo what the Dinan software did. (In addition to dismantling the dash again lol) Perhaps someone out there knows how to reflash it while keeping the S3 software intact?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks.

I'll let Terra chime in, but the only person I know that can add the function to a Dinan tune is DUDMD.

-Paul

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    I'll let Terra chime in, but the only person I know that can add the function to a Dinan tune is DUDMD.

If the Donna software is based on the newest program version, I can probably build it.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    If the Donna software is based on the newest program version, I can probably build it.
    Looks like it is if it's sending junk info, right?

-Paul

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Looks like it is if it's sending junk info, right?

Could theoretically be on an older program that still has those subroutines. Wouldn't be impossible to modify that, but I'd have to figure out the changes again (and it's been long enough that I don't remember all the details).

I doubt Dinan flashes old program versions though, so it should be fine.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Could theoretically be on an older program that still has those subroutines. Wouldn't be impossible to modify that, but I'd have to figure out the changes again (and it's been long enough that I don't remember all the details).

I doubt Dinan flashes old program versions though, so it should be fine.
    I found your changes back on page 5 I think.

-Paul

My Cars
    2011 750Lix M sport
    I found your changes back on page 5 I think.

Hey guys thank you for all the information. Just let me know what I need to do if I have to send it out to either one of you guys… It is certainly appreciated.

I had the Dinan installed about four months ago so I would suspect that the programs are fairly up-to-date. I will be at the dealer on Friday and I can ask the tech that did the install (who I know fairly well) about the oil pressure flash maybe he has some thoughts and can do it for me there...

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Hey guys thank you for all the information. Just let me know what I need to do if I have to send it out to either one of you guys… It is certainly appreciated.

I had the Dinan installed about four months ago so I would suspect that the programs are fairly up-to-date. I will be at the dealer on Friday and I can ask the tech that did the install (who I know fairly well) about the oil pressure flash maybe he has some thoughts and can do it for me there...

Doubt the dealer can get the oil temp working properly...

My Cars
    2011 750Lix M sport

State of the mod: M5 cluster -> 540 (yes, I've read the old threads)

Doubt the dealer can get the oil temp working properly...

Spoke with dudmd and he said that he can flash the ECU with his tune remotely to work with my Dinan hardware and his program and the oil temp would also function properly. He said I would need to reflash the cluster back to pre-Dinan status.

Can this reflash of cluster be done remotely?

(Please pardon any incorrect terminology as I’m no software/tuning expert lol)

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Cluster shouldn't have to be touched at all (and wouldn't have been touched by the Dinan software).

My Cars
    2011 750Lix M sport
    Cluster shouldn't have to be touched at all (and wouldn't have been touched by the Dinan software).
    So does DME need to be reflashed? Or what needs to be done to get it back to when blacknight530i shipped to me and oil temp was working? And can this be done remotely via TeamViewer with OBD cable?

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    So does DME need to be reflashed? Or what needs to be done to get it back to when blacknight530i shipped to me and oil temp was working? And can this be done remotely via TeamViewer with OBD cable?

Nothing needs to be done to the cluster. Only the DME gets modified. I think DUDMD is saying that he has his own tune that works with the Dinan equipment already on your car, but is one he made. He's likely telling you that you need to flash the DME back to stock before loading his tune.

What Terra is saying is he can modify the existing Dinan tune to work with the m5 cluster, which would save you a lot of money and keep you from buying a whole new tune after just spending a bunch on the Dinan tune.

I could be wrong though, so I'll let him confirm.

-Paul

My Cars
    2011 750Lix M sport
    Nothing needs to be done to the cluster. Only the DME gets modified. I think DUDMD is saying that he has his own tune that works with the Dinan equipment already on your car, but is one he made. He's likely telling you that you need to flash the DME back to stock before loading his tune.

Yes this is exactly what he said.

What Terra is saying is he can modify the existing Dinan tune to work with the m5 cluster, which would save you a lot of money and keep you from buying a whole new tune after just spending a bunch on the Dinan tune.

I could be wrong though, so I'll let him confirm.

That would be fantastic if possible. Please let me know and we can work out details.

Thank you both for all of your help...

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Read out your tune with galletto, and I'll modify it

My Cars
    1999 328i -2000 323i
    I spent about 12 hours figuring this out on my own to find this thread the next day. guess I'm about 3 years late

My Cars
    00 540IAT, 93 530D
    any solution for Euro 540ia?

My Cars
    00 540IAT, 93 530D
    PM

My Cars
    00 540IAT, 93 530D
    Either I’m stupid or can’t read.
    Trying to see if there are a solution to euro 540i auto, I have seen a solution for manual euro 540i but none so far on autos

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    I haven't made one for Euro 540iA. Euro E39s never came with the right program version to support the oil temp / warning lights, which makes it a bit more complicated. Best would probably be to take the X5 software and edit the relevant values for the E39. But it's not something I feel like pursuing myself at the moment.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031 LastLast