Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: State of the mod: M5 cluster -> 540 (yes, I've read the old threads)

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by nurburgracer View Post
    This thread is epic. Great work going on here.

So this week I managed to install an M3 Instrument Cluster into my 330i (M54), using Blacknight530i's guide. Really happy with the result. Oil temperature gauge works well, but as expected the oil temperature lights don't work. I would have preferred to get them working using coding/flashing but it looks like a separate CAN module is needed.
    TerraPhantm is working on a M54 tune to enable the warm up lights without any other module. I'm not sure of the status of his development, but when he gets it, I'm sure he'll make it known.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    I can do it for MS45.1 325/330s. MS43 is still a work in progress
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 06-26-2016 at 01:52 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 120d
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight530i View Post
    TerraPhantm is working on a M54 tune to enable the warm up lights without any other module. I'm not sure of the status of his development, but when he gets it, I'm sure he'll make it known.

Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    I can do it for MS45.1 325/330s. MS43 is still a work in progress
    This work is really great.

I have the MS43.

TerraPhantm, to get this working with my DME, do you think it will be the same method as used on the M62's?

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    This work is really great.

I have the MS43.

TerraPhantm, to get this working with my DME, do you think it will be the same method as used on the M62's?
    Probably not. It would require some new code to be written, and making a custom 0PA with that many changes is a pain in the ass.

My Cars
    BMW 120d
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    Probably not. It would require some new code to be written, and making a custom 0PA with that many changes is a pain in the ass.
    I wonder if it would be easier or even possible to flash the M54 tune onto the S54 DME. You're the go-to-guy with this stuff, so I am sure there's a reason why not.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    I wonder if it would be easier or even possible to flash the M54 tune onto the S54 DME. You're the go-to-guy with this stuff, so I am sure there's a reason why not.
    No way you can run an M54 tune on an S54 DME. They're completely different DMEs.

My Cars
    e38
    Hello Terra,

I know I keep appearing and disappearing on this thread and I'm sorry about that. But I was hoping I can request a WinKFP file for stock US 740iL Sports Package with 5hp24 on stock M-Par wheels that are front 235/50-18 & rear 255/45-18 and stock diff 2.93:1. I know that it might be an undertaking but us E38 guys with autos are currently out of luck with the oil lights. Also I was hoping you can raise VMAX to 300 (I don't actually think the car will go that fast but I just like the idea that the DME won't limit it).

Thank you so much for this great work that you're doing on this thread and in BMW world in general.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by rex120 View Post
    Hello Terra,

I know I keep appearing and disappearing on this thread and I'm sorry about that. But I was hoping I can request a WinKFP file for stock US 740iL Sports Package with 5hp24 on stock M-Par wheels that are front 235/50-18 & rear 255/45-18 and stock diff 2.93:1. I know that it might be an undertaking but us E38 guys with autos are currently out of luck with the oil lights. Also I was hoping you can raise VMAX to 300 (I don't actually think the car will go that fast but I just like the idea that the DME won't limit it).

Thank you so much for this great work that you're doing on this thread and in BMW world in general.
    I thought TerraPhantm already posted this, but I couldn't find it in the thread. This is for a 740iA which should work for 2.93 and 3.15 diffs just fine. I don't know about the VMAX though, but I really don't think you'll be hitting it anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Remove the .pdf extension from the attachment.

- - - Updated - - -

TerraPhantm, it looks like your images on Page 7 with the instructions for flashing in expert mode are missing. Could you check and see if they can be restored?
    Attached Files Attached Files

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    I thought TerraPhantm already posted this, but I couldn't find it in the thread. This is for a 740iA which should work for 2.93 and 3.15 diffs just fine. I don't know about the VMAX though, but I really don't think you'll be hitting it anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

TerraPhantm, it looks like your images on Page 7 with the instructions for flashing in expert mode are missing. Could you check and see if they can be restored?
    I think it's because imgur blocks bf.c - I guess I could try to rehost them.

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Use photo bucket its super easy

My Cars
    e38
    Thank you very much and the pictures for the flashing direction actually show up if you use Google Chrome to Print -> Save as PDF.
    They do for some odd reason disappear otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

My Cars
    2002 BMW E39 530I
    hello, i am new here, can you help me, i install bmw e53 x5 4.8 odometr on bmw e39 530i 2002, the oil temp worcks but the leds not how to make it worck. if it possebl can you tell me what to do...

My Cars
    M3, 850i, 740i, M5, M3
    after wolfing all that down, i have concluded that i haven't retained anything i have read, and am so confused... has anyone made a M5 cluster Coding for Dummies?
    any help for us "noobies" would be quite lovely.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by DoOM161 View Post
    hello, i am new here, can you help me, i install bmw e53 x5 4.8 odometr on bmw e39 530i 2002, the oil temp worcks but the leds not how to make it worck. if it possebl can you tell me what to do...
    No way to get warm up lights on m54 yet. TerraPhantm was working on it though.

-Paul

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchi View Post
    after wolfing all that down, i have concluded that i haven't retained anything i have read, and am so confused... has anyone made a M5 cluster Coding for Dummies?
    any help for us "noobies" would be quite lovely.
    You just need to program the DME with the tune posted a few posts ago for your 740iA with winkfp using the instructions on page 7 for expert mode. After that it will work for the most part. For coding the cluster, you can use ncs expert to code to defaults for your car. For mileage correction, pm me.

-Paul

My Cars
    BMW 120d
    No way to get warm up lights on m54 yet. TerraPhantm was working on it though.

Any luck on the warm up lights for the MS43 for the M54? I saw there is a wiki on modifying the tune on the M54 http://ms43wiki.com/index.php/Main_Page. Anyone think the oil temperature field can be modified to show this info?

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    I haven't been actively pursuing this. For someone who knows how to write C167 code, it should be a fairly trivial modification. But that someone isn't me.

I do have it fully functional on the MS45.

My Cars
    E21,E38,E39,F10 M5
    Just replying to say my cluster is still working flawlessly.

Stancing is for drivers trapped in an abusive relationship of their own lives.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny G. View Post
    Just replying to say my cluster is still working flawlessly.

-Paul

My Cars
    e38
    Interesting Development that I would like to share. Once again thank you for this wonderful software but here is a question.

Does this configuration file (740iA with OELTEMP) have an upper temperature limit for OIL?

The reason why I think that there is an upper limit is that I got Engine failsafe program on my cluster yesterday.

I live in California and had a huge heat wave - 41C outside temperature. Car runs fine after I scanned and cleared the errors.
    Unfortunately, I didn't note the oil temp or coolant temp when this happened.

Here is the complete error read out from the car.

Any input will be appreciated, once again thank you.

# ERRORS DETAILS - DTC(hex)/PARAM(hex)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DME* -> 8C/00 - Activation, map cooling
    75/01 - Signal, throttle potentiometer
    77/01 - Signal, throttle potentiometer 2

EWS -> 0F/23 - Power on reset

LEW -> 01/05 - Terminal 30 defective

SRS -> 1A/A0 - Seat occupancy recognition 1 (SBE1)

LCM -> Shadow-memory:
    58/21 - Engine failsafe program
    60/01 - Engine oil level, thermal sensor TOG
    94/1F - Rear left fog light
    95/1F - Rear right fog light

ZKE -> Shadow-memory:
    93/22 - Power up from the GM III
    84/01 - DWA-Alarm: door contact, passenger's door
    82/21 - DWA-Alarm: Panic mode
    89/21 - DWA-Alarm: hood/bonnet contact

BMBT -> 16/23 - EEPROM Checksum does not match with programmed value
    0B/1F - I-Bus sending error
    01/02 - Watchdog reset
    03/02 - PL wire, Short circuit to ground

# SCAN END
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by rex120 View Post
    Interesting Development that I would like to share. Once again thank you for this wonderful software but here is a question.

Does this configuration file (740iA with OELTEMP) have an upper temperature limit for OIL?

The reason why I think that there is an upper limit is that I got Engine failsafe program on my cluster yesterday.

I live in California and had a huge heat wave - 41C outside temperature. Car runs fine after I scanned and cleared the errors.
    Unfortunately, I didn't note the oil temp or coolant temp when this happened.

Here is the complete error read out from the car.

Any input will be appreciated, once again thank you.

# ERRORS DETAILS - DTC(hex)/PARAM(hex)
    DME* -> 8C/00 - Activation, map cooling
    75/01 - Signal, throttle potentiometer
    77/01 - Signal, throttle potentiometer 2

EWS -> 0F/23 - Power on reset

LEW -> 01/05 - Terminal 30 defective

SRS -> 1A/A0 - Seat occupancy recognition 1 (SBE1)

LCM -> Shadow-memory:
    58/21 - Engine failsafe program
    60/01 - Engine oil level, thermal sensor TOG
    94/1F - Rear left fog light
    95/1F - Rear right fog light

ZKE -> Shadow-memory:
    93/22 - Power up from the GM III
    84/01 - DWA-Alarm: door contact, passenger's door
    82/21 - DWA-Alarm: Panic mode
    89/21 - DWA-Alarm: hood/bonnet contact

BMBT -> 16/23 - EEPROM Checksum does not match with programmed value
    0B/1F - I-Bus sending error
    01/02 - Watchdog reset
    03/02 - PL wire, Short circuit to ground

# SCAN END
    You didn't get an error for oil temp, but rather oil level, thermal sensor (they're the same sensor). Check your oil level and/or replace the oil sensor on the bottom of the pan. None of the errors you got have anything to do with the tune you loaded. Your DME only has a code for MAP cooling. The LCM is the one saying there's an error with the oil sensor, which again, doesn't have anything to do with the oil temp being sent over the can bus to the cluster to activate the gauge. The oil temp is already being recorded in the DME internally, which you can see when you read live data in INPA, but it isn't being sent over CAN bus until you load the modified tune that TerraPhantm made, which is what makes the gauge and warm up lights work. You seem to have an actual issue with the car, not the tune.

-Paul

My Cars
    2000 BMW 540 Motorsport
    Quote Originally Posted by DoOM161 View Post
    That was exactly my doubt, if a cluster of X5 4.8 N62 works on our e39, glad that is possible.

Can you please give me the sequence of tasks for it to work on my BMW E39 540 2000, it is automatic.

I downloaded the file that Terra made available.

With WinFpk I can do everything for the cluster to work properly in my car?

When the car is moving the water temperature, KM and RPM correctly mark or do something else besides downloading the Terra file?

Thank you so much!!!

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Just did this for a friends 03 540iA sport using the modified 540iA USA MY03 Sport - 7533615 file... Thanks again Terra!

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1999 BMW540 Supercharged
    That looks beautiful how could i get that to uk i wonder ?
    1999 540 Auto with Eaton M112 supercharger
    Airlift 3H/P management, M5 steering box, M5 LSD, Eibach/Dinan front and rear anti roll bars, PM Modifich door boards, 4 Eton 6.5s, Sound Magus VS3500.1, 2 x 10" Kove audio subs, Alpine ICS X7 Headunit, 19" BBS Hammer Sports RT245/RT246, Muffler delete, electric coolant fan.

My Cars
    2011 750Lix M sport
    Blacknight530 did my cluster. It’s from an X5 4.6is. Works perfectly in my ‘02 540iT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast