Thread: Shop recommendations near Columbia MD

My Cars
    1994 530i

Shop recommendations near Columbia MD

I have purchased a car that is not currently running and want to have it sent to a shop so it can be fixed up. What recommendations do you guys have for the DMV area. I would prefer a shop that is closer to columbia, md but I will stretch out the distance to deal with a more honest/reputable shop.

Thanks

My Cars
    2001 330Ci
    Benchmark Motors on Red Branch Road in Columbia. Just off Rt 108 east of US 29.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    There's a shop just north of you called Sarli Motorsports run by Ben Sarli. He'll take very good care of your car and release it running factory fresh. You really can't go wrong. If you want closer to DC, Road and Track motorsports in Silver Spring, MD. It's your call. Both deal with German Cars heavily.
    Harry // 1995 Avus Blue M3 - 2003 Titansilber 530i M-Sport - 2010 Black Sapphire Metallic 128i M-Sport // BMW CCA #453346 - North Capitol Chapter
    My previous work:
    My 325is M-Tech Restoration Thread
    My 98 M3 and 03 530i Restoration Thread

My Cars
    1999 528i
    Defintely AT SPEED Motorsports, their customer service is outstanding! they expertise on Porches and BMW's they are also a licensed DINAN dealership tell them Johnny with a E60 Send you there

My Cars
    x3
    What kind of car?

My Cars
    1994 530i
    This is for a(n) E34. Just want someone that is very competent with BMW's and will get the job done right the first time using only OEM parts.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by ieldib View Post
    This is for a(n) E34. Just want someone that is very competent with BMW's and will get the job done right the first time using only OEM parts.
    Well heck, if you want to stay north, Ben Sarli. Hands down. Only uses OEM parts, unless otherwise specified. And even then, any aftermarket part you ask for, he will even tell you if it is junk or not worth it, and even give you a better alternative without breaking the bank. He's done that for me a few times when my M3 was at his shop. Give him a ring at (410) 987-7467

If you want to go towards the DC area, Road and Track Motorsports in Silver Spring. Sunny works on a lot of older cars all the time, mainly Euros. You can give him a ring at (301) 563-6734

But the choice is yours. A few people on these forums have used either of these shops, myself included, and have had nothing but great success, great prices, and a car that still runs and drives like new. I would be using Sarli more often, but since I am working in VA, and mainly in the DC area, I use Road and Track Motorsports now for the big jobs. If I get work up north again, I will use Sarli again.
    Harry // 1995 Avus Blue M3 - 2003 Titansilber 530i M-Sport - 2010 Black Sapphire Metallic 128i M-Sport // BMW CCA #453346 - North Capitol Chapter
    My previous work:
    My 325is M-Tech Restoration Thread
    My 98 M3 and 03 530i Restoration Thread