Thread: 2011 335D Warranty Issue

My Cars
    2011 BMW 335d //M-Sport

2011 335D Warranty Issue

My 335d w/ 46,xxx mi. has been in the shop numerous times for rough idle and most recently, has been in for 2.5 months. They've replaced injectors, reprogrammed software, and is currently in the shop completing the TSB for carbon buildup. During the time in the shop, my warranty expired and BMW North America is only willing to offer me $1,500 towards a new car, not the direction I really want to go at the moment, besides, I chose a 335D for 2 reasons, power and efficiency. After explaining I'd prefer to get some help on an extended warranty, I was politely told by BMW NA to go pound it and the new car offer was the best I was going to get. The BMW NA area rep is said to be "non customer facing" and I have no option to escalate.

I'm genuinely concerned how my car is aging at the dealership being undriven for 2.5 months and what happens when I have another carbon buildup issue? Any advice out there to nail down the area rep to escalate the matter or other options I may have?

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    Not sure why they wouldn't just give you $1,500 off of and extended warranty. We've certainly done that before. However, you'd have to come up with a couple thousand bucks to cover the rest of the price of the ESC.

Are you sure you didn't ask them to give you an extended warranty? Or asked for more than $1,500 worth of "help" purchasing the ESC?
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 335d //M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Critter7r View Post
    Not sure why they wouldn't just give you $1,500 off of and extended warranty. We've certainly done that before. However, you'd have to come up with a couple thousand bucks to cover the rest of the price of the ESC.

Are you sure you didn't ask them to give you an extended warranty? Or asked for more than $1,500 worth of "help" purchasing the ESC?
    I asked them to give me an extended warranty. No dice. Those are my options given to me by BMW NA.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328xi (E90)
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekR View Post
    I asked them to give me an extended warranty. No dice. Those are my options given to me by BMW NA.
    I'm not surprised by that; you're asking them to give you free coverage on the car for an extended period of time. You had a warranty that covered the car for a certain time when you bought the car... If you asked for a discount on an extended, I'm sure they'd help. But they aren't going to cover your car for extra years just because.

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekR View Post

Ah .. They offered $1500. You asked for a $3500 warranty (or somewhere in that neighborhood).

Unfortunately, we're kind of at a loss as to what causes the carbon buildup. If I'm guessing, I'd say that it's probably the same 'lack of frequent long-distance driving' that plagues the gas-engines' crankcase ventilation systems. But that's relatively anecdotal. My car has 185k on it, and it is driven no less than 30 miles at a time 95% of the time and it still has the original CCV system.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.