Page 95 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4570858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2722

Thread: NBT/CIC/CCC retrofit in E39/E38/E53

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    I can't say for sure whether or not I have the battery drain issue. My car has definitely died a couple of times after sitting for about 3-7 days, but the battery was then charged and never had the issue again. It's really weird.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    Anyone had this GPS issue before? My googling didn't reveal much other than it should say something like "OK" or "Check Antenna"

Attachment 627228
    To clarify, my nav "works" in that I can select it, view maps (it had me defaulted at 0 deg N, 0 deg W), enter addresses etc. But the GPS never finds me, nor updates the system time.

I found someone with the same issue here:

http://www.bmwcoding.com/showthread....rved#post88419
    But my account has been waiting approval from moderators since March so I cant reply or PM. Anyone with an updated account willing to PM him on my behalf?

and someone here:

https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?pid=247373
    But not ready to sign up for a non-answer quite yet.

My Cars
    01 740 S- 08 X5-95 325ic

no gps

To clarify, my nav "works" in that I can select it, view maps (it had me defaulted at 0 deg N, 0 deg W), enter addresses etc. But the GPS never finds me, nor updates the system time.

But my account has been waiting approval from moderators since March so I cant reply or PM. Anyone with an updated account willing to PM him on my behalf?

and someone here:

grinder i sent a message to SMOUFFB on the bmw coding site for you,we'll see what happens.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    I've been diving into the coding aspect a bit deeper, and wanted to post what I found (will also update my google Doc).

Paul had a very detailed list (thanks!), but I found some differences when comparing it to both the carsystems and bimmerretrofit documentation, as well as differences between those two retailers.

Sources:
    http://www.bimmerretrofit.com/docume...quirements.pdf
    https://carsystems.com.ua/uploads/pd...dition%203.pdf

EINHEITEN_MASTER:
    Code:
    Carsystems: kombi_l6_new
    Bimmerretrofit: kombi_l6
    LOUPE_TACHO_KOMBI:
    Code:
    Carsystems: nicht_active
    Others: Not mentioned
    OELSTANDSMENUE and OELSTAND_OENS
    Code:
    CarSystems and BimmerRetrofit: aktiv
    Paul's list: nicht_aktiv
    TIELNETZBETIEB and TIELNETZBETRIEB
    Code:
    CarSystems: Nicht_aktiv
    Others: Not Mentioned
    TRSVC:
    Code:
    CarSystems: Wert_41
    IBA:
    Code:
    BimmerRetrofit: nicht_aktiv
    REFERENCE_CHANNEL_TEL
    Code:
    MULTICHANNEL
    Code:
    I'm not totally sure what all of these do yet, or how important they may be.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    I've been diving into the coding aspect a bit deeper, and wanted to post what I found (will also update my google Doc).

Paul had a very detailed list (thanks!), but I found some differences when comparing it to both the carsystems and bimmerretrofit documentation, as well as differences between those two retailers.

Sources:
    http://www.bimmerretrofit.com/docume...quirements.pdf
    https://carsystems.com.ua/uploads/pd...dition%203.pdf

EINHEITEN_MASTER:
    Code:
    Carsystems: kombi_l6_new
    Bimmerretrofit: kombi_l6
    LOUPE_TACHO_KOMBI:
    Code:
    Carsystems: nicht_active
    Others: Not mentioned
    OELSTANDSMENUE and OELSTAND_OENS
    Code:
    CarSystems and BimmerRetrofit: aktiv
    Paul's list: nicht_aktiv
    TIELNETZBETIEB and TIELNETZBETRIEB
    Code:
    CarSystems: Nicht_aktiv
    TRSVC:
    Code:
    CarSystems: Wert_41
    IBA:
    Code:
    REFERENCE_CHANNEL_TEL
    Code:
    MULTICHANNEL
    Code:
    I'm not totally sure what all of these do yet, or how important they may be.
    I wouldn't use any coding that Bimmer Retrofit mentions that is contradicted by either what I put or Carsystems puts. Several of the things like oelstand_menu or whatever are turning off menus that our cars can't use. Things under the vehicle information tabs that don't do anything for us. Trsvc mode is for the rearview camera.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight530i View Post
    I wouldn't use any coding that Bimmer Retrofit mentions that is contradicted by either what I put or Carsystems puts. Several of the things like oelstand_menu or whatever are turning off menus that our cars can't use. Things under the vehicle information tabs that don't do anything for us. Trsvc mode is for the rearview camera.

Ok, thanks, that makes sense.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Three things:

1) Battery still drains quickly. This is a deal breaker for me, as I dont drive my car that often, and have no option for a battery tender. I emailed the carsystems folks, and hopefully we can figure something out.

2) How do i activate/control this menu?

IMG_20180428_165023079.jpg

3) Here's the latest install. The center console works well, just has a few waves from me poorly fixing cracks. I'll peel the vinyl off, do a better job sanding, and hopefully the final will look better:

IMG_20180428_165048122.jpg

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Had a car sit for at least 2 weeks and it started up just fine. I know I had battery issues in the past, but I don't know if I can pin it on the NBT. Seems fine now.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by theshafro View Post
    Had a car sit for at least 2 weeks and it started up just fine. I know I had battery issues in the past, but I don't know if I can pin it on the NBT. Seems fine now.
    Yeah, my sedan doesn't have an issue, just the wagon. Might be due to DSP vs non-DSP as my wagon has it and my sedan doesn't. Could also be the DSC module on the wagon as I've been having weird CAN issues on the cluster lately and yellow brake with DSC light on.

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by theshafro View Post
    I ended up getting a new battery and can't say that I've had the same issue again. The car sat from last Saturday afternoon until this morning (Friday) and fired up easily.

I'm not exactly a power-user, but everything about this is making me smile each time i get in the car.

Right now the monitor bezel is just the e39 widescreen with the F10 monitor surround spray-painted black. Looks about 95%, but I'll probably still try to hack the F10 bezel with the E39 one for a better fit.

I also got the 3M 1080 sample book as the vinyl I ordered clashes with the silverstone trim. If anyone wants it after I select my new color (either the book or my leftover trim vinyl...im about 99% sure theres enough for another interior) please PM me.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci

and someone here:

If you haven't got this working yet, give this a try.

For GPS antenna connected to the head unit, set:
    SYSTEM_GPS_RECEIVER=aktiv
    GPS_FROM_NAVI=aktiv
    TELEMATIC_ECU=nicht_aktiv

For GPS antenna connected to an ATM or ATM-type emulator, set: (not 100% on the first two parameters, they may remain aktiv)
    SYSTEM_GPS_RECEIVER=nicht_aktiv
    GPS_FROM_NAVI=nicht_aktiv
    TELEMATIC_ECU=atm

Has anyone had many responses from Carsystems recently? My emulator puts my head-unit into sleep sometimes, only way to recover is through unplugging and replugging in the emulator. The tracking is also lost on a regular basis despite an F10 GPS antenna being used, I believe due to wheel tracking issues. My steering wheel volume buttons sometimes do not work. The soldering of the CAN cables is fine, so they said they'd make a custom firmware, but have gone quiet in the last few months. I've had issues since fitting it over a year ago.
    Last edited by JPToadstool; 05-31-2018 at 10:36 AM.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by JPToadstool View Post
    If you haven't got this working yet, give this a try.

For GPS antenna connected to the head unit, set:
    SYSTEM_GPS_RECEIVER=aktiv
    GPS_FROM_NAVI=aktiv
    TELEMATIC_ECU=nicht_aktiv

For GPS antenna connected to an ATM or ATM-type emulator, set: (not 100% on the first two parameters, they may remain aktiv)
    SYSTEM_GPS_RECEIVER=nicht_aktiv
    GPS_FROM_NAVI=nicht_aktiv
    TELEMATIC_ECU=atm
    My settings mirror the first one. Not totally sure what the ATM would mean in this case. My GPS antenna comes off the trimble, is that ATM?

Has anyone had many responses from Carsystems recently? My emulator puts my head-unit into sleep sometimes, only way to recover is through unplugging and replugging in the emulator. The tracking is also lost on a regular basis despite an F10 GPS antenna being used, I believe due to wheel tracking issues. My steering wheel volume buttons sometimes do not work. The soldering of the CAN cables is fine, so they said they'd make a custom firmware, but have gone quiet in the last few months. I've had issues since fitting it over a year ago.
    I've had a few emails back-and-forth about battery issues with them recently, so they're checking emails!

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    ATM is a$$ to mouth lol

You don't have an ATM, they're only used on the EVO's. You have a regular GPS antenna

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a back up camera hooked up? They told me the adapter will shut down the iDrive if there's a short somewhere. I had this, but have pretty much gotten rid of it after finding a different 12V source for the camera. Initially I used the RVC/FVC sources from the adapter, but I think they may be the problem.

Also, when it shut off, it would come back on by turning off the car and back on. Even while driving.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    E39 M5
    I still can't get the nav to work...enabled, but it always puts me at 0/0 lat/lon.

Are there any pitfalls of using someone elses NBT CAFD file... I'm Thinking of trying to flash one from someone else on there.

The only thing i can think of is the gyro setting that would (potentially) need to be changed again. Is there anything that could be potentially disabled and not be re-enabled by reverting to the original CAFD?

Curiously in my GPS secret menu it also has a blank for "Receiver SW:"...strange

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    I still can't get the nav to work...enabled, but it always puts me at 0/0 lat/lon.

Are there any pitfalls of using someone elses NBT CAFD file... I'm Thinking of trying to flash one from someone else on there.

The only thing i can think of is the gyro setting that would (potentially) need to be changed again. Is there anything that could be potentially disabled and not be re-enabled by reverting to the original CAFD?

Curiously in my GPS secret menu it also has a blank for "Receiver SW:"...strange
    Don't flash a CAFD from another nbt. Use cafd compare software and change yours to match. There is a signature at the end of the cafd specific to each nbt.

-Paul

My Cars
    2004 E46
    Hi together,

the BMW planet guy is away, but I am looking to get a display bezel for my E46 convertible.
    Are there some other sources or is somebody here who could help me.

Thorsten

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    What the different between gen 1/2/3 cs adapters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    US
    Hey guys, So for the past few years I have had a pretty much working(system would still randomly shutdown/freeze every now and then) NBT system installed in my e38 that Mick helped me get set up. Yesterday I decided to go and mess with my FM antenna since I was not getting good reception. To get to cables I had to move entire HU. When I went to turn on car to test FM reception my screen does not come on. I have tested the screen side for power from the HU but the voltage meter reads 0. I noticed that the red light on the back of my HU only turns on when eNBT adapter is unplugged. When I unplug eNBT adapter screen does receiving power from HU but only while red like light is on/blinking.

Anyone have any idea where to start?
    What does that red light on the back of the HU indicate?
    Did my HU go into transport mode?

My Cars
    E38
    I have issues with sound and tried to contact Mick. I was surprised his last post on Facebook is more than a year ago. Did he quit?

My sound went off while driving and never came back. I switched from Bimmerretrofit to Carsystems solution after Bimmerretrofit adapter broke down.
    Bimmerretrofit had a connection to "wake up/activate" the dsp and I had to code the dsp as external emplifier. As far as I see, carsystems doesn't have
    such connection. Do I need to set the dsp to its old setting? Also there is no sound of test current sound when turning on the ignition.

My Cars
    01 330ci Convertible
    Excuse me for popping in with what might be a beaten to death question? Maybe? But has anyone attempted to not resort to using any type of emulator, but rather use OEM equipment to make the NBT function... like an OEM unit? What could be the advantage of using an emulator over the factory CAS4/ZGW modules or vice versa?

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Here's my (hopefully) finished install. I still dont have GPS working, but hopefully that's just software.

The monitor bezel is the E39 widescreen with some work done to it (ABS glued/sanded, then painted with SEM Landau Black) to cover the top/bottom monitor bezels that usually show. The vinyl wrap is 3M "Marine Teak" from Metro Restyling (not a plug for them, I just don't know the official 3M designation)

20180828_115740.jpg

My Cars
    01 740 S- 08 X5-95 325ic
    very nice my friend,looks smooth. i have purchased Dinoc wrap from them as well,whats the word on the gps?

My Cars
    01 740 S- 08 X5-95 325ic
    hey Grinder34,what was your solution for the trunk mount,any pics?

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by lad740 View Post
    hey Grinder34,what was your solution for the trunk mount,any pics?
    Sorry, no pics ATM. The NBT fits perfectly between the DSP amp and a lip to the trunk liner. I haven't secured it more than that yet, but don't see it going anywhere barring a crash or a track day. Maybe I'll try to Fab up something like theshafro posted a few pages back, that actually bolts to OEM mounting holes. More likely I'll use some Velcro on the mating surface of the DSP and the NBT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lad740 View Post
    very nice my friend,looks smooth. i have purchased Dinoc wrap from them as well,whats the word on the gps?
    Still TBD. I did the CAFD compare to someone's working version, and while there were a ton of differences, none jumped out as being the difference. One of these days I'll copy all the settings and try it out (or can I just copy my unique signature/key/whatever at the end to the one with the right settings?). But at this point everything I use on a day to day basis is working and I always have my phone for GPS.

My Cars
    01 740 S- 08 X5-95 325ic
    i will check out what the shafro came up with concerning the trunk mount,thanks for that.

Page 95 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4570858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast