Page 84 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3459747576777879808182838485868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2722

Thread: NBT/CIC/CCC retrofit in E39/E38/E53

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    Hi,

In the middle of fitting my NBT HW07. I currently have no sound as I assume it is coded to use an amp. I have wired an RJ45 connector using carsystems instructions, but cannot access it via E-Sys. Pinging it gets a reply as "destination unreachable", but shows no lost packets. Any idea what's going wrong? I have tried 3 different cables with the same result.

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Ahmad just realised you are using the br adapter the reverse camera does not work with this kit it's a lie they pretty much admitted it to me. You can manually switch it on by holding the Nob all the way back for 10 seconds...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2001 bmw 540i sedan
    I sold ahmad my br kit and within a few days the br kit died. So he ended up ordered a carsystem.

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Hey jptoadstool why don't you get you evo downgraded to id4 at least it will be usable then?

Also I see some have Bluetooth cover art working- how do I do this?

My Cars
    BMW e38
    I have bmw e38 with DSP, all this has been replaced by ***** unit.
    A new amplifier, new wires. Can I install NBT?

The question is, what wires are needed for full-fledged work of the NBT?
    Who can I buy a frame for NBT?
    Topic read only up to 40 pages.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    I thought it was impossible to downgrade to ID4 once they’d been flashed with the firmware to enable ID5/ID6? I thought I’d read that on another forum for coding. That’s the reason I was frustrated as it turned a fully working unit into something that is unusable.

Would be interested to know if this is possible though.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    I resolved the connection issue, I had forgotten to put the 12V with 1kOhm resistor to pin 29. I need to update the firmware as it is currently NBT_D, and does not support the gateway table used in the carsystems emulator.

Does anyone in the UK around Oxford or Kent do firmware updating of NBT? Carsystems have offered to do it, but I would rather not send it off and apparently need a ZGW for firmware updating.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi JPtoadstool,

Not 100% sure of who offers this kind of work, but do try;

https://www.cartronics.co.uk/ They're in Byfleet and just 2 mins or so off the M25, so not 'too' far from you in Kent !

8300 RPM - I suggest you continue reading the remaining pages of the thread. In recent weeks, it's been seen that one of the guys offering stuff for the project seemingly has turned out to be completely untrustable and has taken forum members money and not provided anything in return. Ensure you don't become another statistic. Also, depending on your car, you'll need to check what you have and how to connect in/fit one of the NBT modules etc. Makes sense to understand that so you buy correctly the first time. Don't forget the costs of the fabrication and finishing work required to integrate everything nicely in the cabin.

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    BMW e38
    DennisCooper, Thank you

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    Thanks Dennis, unfortunately, Cartronics are unable to help out with on-the-table firmware updates. I've heard of a NavTVMan somewhere in Birmingham, but that was in threads from 2011/2012, so may be hard to find now.

My Cars
    530D E60
    Quote Originally Posted by JPToadstool View Post
    I resolved the connection issue, I had forgotten to put the 12V with 1kOhm resistor to pin 29. I need to update the firmware as it is currently NBT_D, and does not support the gateway table used in the carsystems emulator.

Does anyone in the UK around Oxford or Kent do firmware updating of NBT? Carsystems have offered to do it, but I would rather not send it off and apparently need a ZGW for firmware updating.
    Hi I am in Kent I can update your NBT iDrive firmware this is for Normal NBT not evo

I can also make the Nbt full spec with Voice command, BMW Apps, Connected Drive, internet & BMW online by tethering

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Okay, so who's looking for a PROPER controller solution for their E39? I'll be putting these into production in the next 2-3 weeks, they'll be billet aluminum with a brushed finish. They will mount the iDrive controller and a different hazard/lock switch from the E53/E46.

I would like to get some opinions on the USB port. With NBT, we can run 1 USB, 2 USB's, or 1 USB and 1 USB/AUX port.

My goal is to make this look as OEM as possible, so does a USB port look out of place on the center console or is it fine? The problem is that there's not many options to put these ports in the E39. The tray where the cup holders are isn't deep enough and neither is the Euro armrest storage. The best place I would think of is inside the coin storage/cubby. So here are the options:

1. No ports on the center console. Use the coin storage for them or somewhere else
    2. USB only port on the console, relocate other one (if using two)
    3. USB/AUX port on the console, relocate other one (if using two)

Which would you pick?

Last edited by theshafro; 07-10-2017 at 09:13 PM.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    '01 DINAN7 '03 M5
    That is cool , I like first one more, looks cleaner
    Instagram.com/nordmanmg

Your current situation is not your final destination

My Cars
    04 E46 M3 JB/Kiwi
    Quote Originally Posted by theshafro View Post
    Okay, so who's looking for a PROPER controller solution for their E39? I'll be putting these into production in the next 2-3 weeks, they'll be billet aluminum with a brushed finish. They will mount the iDrive controller and a different hazard/lock switch from the E53/E46.

I would like to get some opinions on the USB port. With NBT, we can run 1 USB, 2 USB's, or 1 USB and 1 USB/AUX port.

My goal is to make this look as OEM as possible, so does a USB port look out of place on the center console or is it fine? The problem is that there's not many options to put these ports in the E39. The tray where the cup holders are isn't deep enough and neither is the Euro armrest storage. The best place I would think of is inside the coin storage/cubby. So here are the options:

1. No hubs on the center console. Use the coin storage for them or somewhere else
    2. USB only hub on the console, relocate other one (if using two)
    3. USB/AUX hub hub on the console, relocate other one (if using two)

Which would you pick?

Thats beautiful. 1 or 2. You really should look into doing something for the E46 M3 crowd too. We need to push them towards NBT installs.

EURO 04 M3
    Current Mods: GC DA's, Eibach ARB's, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Depo's, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Boot + CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, Z8 Starter Button, BBS CHs, Lamin-X, STORM SMG Paddles, RE RTABs/RCAs, OEM CSL Interior, OEM CSL Intake, M3 CSL HP DME, TTFS Tune, STOPTECH ST40's, FXR 3.0 Projectors, SS Stepped headers + Catless S Pipes + Res X-Pipe + Sport Muffler, OEM CSL Roof, OEM CSL Steering.

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaz3739 View Post
    Thats beautiful. 1 or 2. You really should look into doing something for the E46 M3 crowd too. We need to push them towards NBT installs.
    Thing is, E39 is my market. I have a few of them so stuff like I make for myself personally and could offer for others. But doing stuff for other platforms is challenging, I would probably need some pre-orders or something to invest the time.

Doesn't the E46 have a cubby that fits the controller though? It's a cubby or cupholder. That looks like the only place to mount it, but I'm not sure if the armrest covers it or if people actually use the cupholder or not. Need to get a hold of an E46 to see.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi

The Shafro - Fantastic idea to make a ready made/built solution like this! I'd vote for the first design - no USB no Aux in. Have you also developed Right hand Drive version too ? can you give a 'guide price' or 'ballpark' for your solutions pricing?

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisCooper View Post
    Hi

The Shafro - Fantastic idea to make a ready made/built solution like this! I'd vote for the first design - no USB no Aux in. Have you also developed Right hand Drive version too ? can you give a 'guide price' or 'ballpark' for your solutions pricing?

Cheers, Dennis!
    Thanks Dennis,

I did keep a RHD version in mind, but haven't decided how to go along with it. They may need to be pre-ordered before I start the production. I'm getting 20 made and don't want to end up with some versions that I can't use/sell.

Price is going to be around $350 and will include a harness to run the E46/E53 switch
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    E30 Turbo, E39 530d Tour
    Thanks Dennis,

I did keep a RHD version in mind, but haven't decided how to go along with it. They may need to be pre-ordered before I start the production. I'm getting 20 made and don't want to end up with some versions that I can't use/sell.

Price is going to be around $350 and will include a harness to run the E46/E53 switch
    It's a tad on the expensive side, but I'd prefer #2 as I don't know many that use the Aug, but USB for passengers is useful.

I'm not sure I'm going down the NBT route due to the unavailability of a reputable after service for inevitable issues. Who knows, but having the controller down there is definitely a better ergonomic design.

Deepan

My Cars
    01 M5 TiAg/M1SW
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserid View Post
    It's a tad on the expensive side, but I'd prefer #2 as I don't know many that use the Aug, but USB for passengers is useful.

I'm not sure I'm going down the NBT route due to the unavailability of a reputable after service for inevitable issues. Who knows, but having the controller down there is definitely a better ergonomic design.

Deepan
    USB is nice, but you could use any number of adapters in the cigarette lighter and a short cable for power. I'd say go with the cleaner design, and let the installers put USB where they want it.
    Nate J.

(oOO\ (|||)º(|||) /OOo)
    Titanium Silver/Black Nappa Full 07-18-2001 E39 M5 Heritage (BZ99672). 198,000mi+. Increasing daily. Engine rebuild thread.
    (eŌō\ (||||)º(||||) / ōŌe)
    Alpineweiss III/Black Merino Full 03-26-2007 E60 M5 Manual (CX08265). 157,000+. Dead starter -_-

RIP, Seabiscuit. Black Sapphire/Schwarz 03-11-2003 530iA Sport (CK39185). T-boned 03-01-2017 at 155,861mi.
    Take 2 "Otto" - Toledo Blue/Sandbeige 04-25-2002 530iA Sport (CH98032). Sold 11-10-2017 at 147,743mi.
    Take 3 "Manuel" - Toledo Blue/Grau 10-29-2001 530i5 Sport (CE92358). Sold 02-01-2019 at 217,600mi. I regret that. Build Log
    Reliable P.O.S. - Green/gray 1995 Camry V6 LE. 270k mi. Sold for space.

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by computiNATEor View Post
    USB is nice, but you could use any number of adapters in the cigarette lighter and a short cable for power. I'd say go with the cleaner design, and let the installers put USB where they want it.
    Yeah, but using a cigarette lighter wouldn't integrate into the iDrive menu

Deepan
    New center consoles are $700+ right now. Having someone chop up and make you something custom will cost around $200 and will not be as close as this one. So $350 is extremely reasonable. You wouldn't believe some of the quotes I got to make these consoles.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    01 M5 TiAg/M1SW
    Yeah, but using a cigarette lighter wouldn't integrate into the iDrive menu.
    I know, but at that point the installer could put the USB port wherever the customer wants. I, personally, would put it in my Euro center armrest.
    Nate J.

(oOO\ (|||)º(|||) /OOo)
    Titanium Silver/Black Nappa Full 07-18-2001 E39 M5 Heritage (BZ99672). 198,000mi+. Increasing daily. Engine rebuild thread.
    (eŌō\ (||||)º(||||) / ōŌe)
    Alpineweiss III/Black Merino Full 03-26-2007 E60 M5 Manual (CX08265). 157,000+. Dead starter -_-

RIP, Seabiscuit. Black Sapphire/Schwarz 03-11-2003 530iA Sport (CK39185). T-boned 03-01-2017 at 155,861mi.
    Take 2 "Otto" - Toledo Blue/Sandbeige 04-25-2002 530iA Sport (CH98032). Sold 11-10-2017 at 147,743mi.
    Take 3 "Manuel" - Toledo Blue/Grau 10-29-2001 530i5 Sport (CE92358). Sold 02-01-2019 at 217,600mi. I regret that. Build Log
    Reliable P.O.S. - Green/gray 1995 Camry V6 LE. 270k mi. Sold for space.

My Cars
    E30 Turbo, E39 530d Tour
    Yeah, but using a cigarette lighter wouldn't integrate into the iDrive menu

New center consoles are $700+ right now. Having someone chop up and make you something custom will cost around $200 and will not be as close as this one. So $350 is extremely reasonable. You wouldn't believe some of the quotes I got to make these consoles.
    That's the cost of R&D and being an early adopter. It's expensive, yes, BUT I'd still buy one if the quality is there.

Just got to find a reason to need it, as buying the kit and wiring adapters and getting it to work without support isn't easy at the moment.

Deepan.

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by computiNATEor View Post
    I know, but at that point the installer could put the USB port wherever the customer wants. I, personally, would put it in my Euro center armrest.
    It won't fit there unless you cut into the metal bracket that holds the center console together. So not really an option. I think the storage cubby is the best place.

That's the cost of R&D and being an early adopter. It's expensive, yes, BUT I'd still buy one if the quality is there.

Just got to find a reason to need it, as buying the kit and wiring adapters and getting it to work without support isn't easy at the moment.

Deepan.
    No, it's not the cost of R&D, this piece is supposedly really hard to make and most places wanted to charge me a crazy high tooling fee. I've been thru about 15 machinist till I found one that can make it with what he already has.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    2001 540i
    Is there an option similar to the one germaniks was offering. It seems far less intrusive, expensive and I can keep my Titanium trim? As far as the usb port goes I was planning on mounting mine to the aftermarket cupholders above the cigarette lighter location. cupholder.jpg Lastly will there be a screen mounting & frame project and nbt trunk mounting bracket These are my first priorities

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by garou81 View Post
    Is there an option similar to the one germaniks was offering. It seems far less intrusive, expensive and I can keep my Titanium trim? As far as the usb port goes I was planning on mounting mine to the aftermarket cupholders above the cigarette lighter location. cupholder.jpg Lastly will there be a screen mounting & frame project and nbt trunk mounting bracket These are my first priorities
    I have one Germaniks one with the modified controller which I'm looking to trade for an unmodified controller, if you're interested.

Yes, I'm also finishing up a proper F10 screen mounting solution and will be doing the F15 monitor as well. They will be for E39's, but MAY also work in the E38 and E53. Going to a 2-piece system with a bracket and a trim piece.

'02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

Page 84 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3459747576777879808182838485868788899091929394 ... LastLast