Page 82 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3257727374757677787980818283848586878889909192107 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2722

Thread: NBT/CIC/CCC retrofit in E39/E38/E53

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Hi all - I have 3 nbt units two hw7 one early 2013 one late and one 2016 hw31 - the 2016 gets Bluetooth album art the other two don't even the I have coded bt cover art any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2000 BMW M5
    Quote Originally Posted by theshafro View Post
    What are you trying to do?
    I am trying to decide if I got for the NBT or the NBT Evo (4GB)

I wanted to understand what are the restrictions with the Euro model that are so bad that they don't want to sell me one... Did BMW put something in the Euro NBT Evo unit that makes it useless for the US market?

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by sdietric View Post
    I am trying to decide if I got for the NBT or the NBT Evo (4GB)

I wanted to understand what are the restrictions with the Euro model that are so bad that they don't want to sell me one... Did BMW put something in the Euro NBT Evo unit that makes it useless for the US market?
    I don't know if there are restrictions, but when I had my first NBT unit, it was a Euro unit and it did not get HD Radio and you couldn't get Sirius. Everything else was pretty much the same. But the missing HD radio killed it for me, so I only buy US units now.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    2000 BMW M5
    I don't know if there are restrictions, but when I had my first NBT unit, it was a Euro unit and it did not get HD Radio and you couldn't get Sirius. Everything else was pretty much the same. But the missing HD radio killed it for me, so I only buy US units now.

Germaniks said that with the regular NBT there was no issue (other than the functionality issues between US and Euro models), but apparently it's the NBT EVO Euro model that has now restrictions on maps that make it more or less useless in the US. Not sure, but I thought it is telling that they don't even want to sell me a NBT EVO Euro unit...

Any recommendation where to get a US spec NBT Evo unit? Ebay seems to be very limiting...

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Germaniks said that with the regular NBT there was no issue (other than the functionality issues between US and Euro models), but apparently it's the NBT EVO Euro model that has now restrictions on maps that make it more or less useless in the US. Not sure, but I thought it is telling that they don't even want to sell me a NBT EVO Euro unit...

Any recommendation where to get a US spec NBT Evo unit? Ebay seems to be very limiting...
    I might have one come in this week, I can sell it to you.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    2000 BMW M5
    I might have one come in this week, I can sell it to you.
    Thank You for the offer. I will most likely buy a complete set with wiring etc from bimmeretrofit. Seems to be the best to get everything from one source in case there are problems or I need help.

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Thank You for the offer. I will most likely buy a complete set with wiring etc from bimmeretrofit. Seems to be the best to get everything from one source in case there are problems or I need help.

What car are you putting it in? If you are putting in and e38/39 Range Rover you will have a few issues with the BR adapter...

I know as I have both now...

TBH from my experience neither are perfect and I am getting about the same level of support from them...

I am using the 10.25 screen and nbt and with the cs adapter the screen flickers it doesn't on the br one I have 3 nbts , 3 lvds and 2 screens all combinations do it. They aren't being very forthcoming with a solution. I also can't have anything on my 12v radon as it doesn't shut off but I've got round this with wiring to Acc live.

I did like the speed limit warning but I have grown to hate it quite quickly it's usually wrong and I can't get it to be permanently visible.

The reverse lines are a joke I turned them off it looks like an Atari lol.

Also I have been driving now for 150miles and it still jumps around the map (any ideas???)

However the functionality aside from the above is pukka everything nbt wise works very well I'm impressed , PDc , camera (front and rear) kombi details check control all very good - no service info though.

Now for the BR - I had issues initially however through various fw updates It works ok.

Unlike the cs adapter no screen issues , no 12v issues , no jumping around issues , in fact it picks it up after about 10 miles which is good.

You also get service info etc but - big but the PDc does not work even though advertised I have an email saying they know it doesn't work and the back up cam is a bit dodgy or words to that effect. None of the arrival time syncs to the kombi, but perhaps most annoyingly the nav always thinks it's 0:00 so if you leave your house at 10 for a 30min journey it will say you are getting there at 0:30 which you obviously aren't. Again they say they know about it but no fix yet...

I initially had sound issues but have since upgraded the sound system so that's ok now.

I think the above is all I can think of for both but worth thinking about.

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    I wouldn't recommend buying a BR adapter based on my experience. Pyro seems to have fixed a lot of its issues, but I was a guinea pig for their R&D even though they claimed I wasn't.

If you're patient, I'll have a full plug and play kit for the E39 which includes a new center console and a proper monitor bracket and trim piece (or a "bezel" if you wanna call it)
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    E30 Turbo, E39 530d Tour
    I wouldn't recommend buying a BR adapter based on my experience. Pyro seems to have fixed a lot of its issues, but I was a guinea pig for their R&D even though they claimed I wasn't.

If you're patient, I'll have a full plug and play kit for the E39 which includes a new center console and a proper monitor bracket and trim piece (or a "bezel" if you wanna call it)
    I'm waiting for mick/marek at germaniks to get me a carplay nbt for a full ready to go kit with dab reverse camera etc.

Missed out on one by 24 hours as their supplier had a fully loaded one in the other day, but forgot to send the email sitting in my outbox. Now I have to wait a few weeks.

I'd let someone that knows what they're doing, do the grunt work and put the kit together, I have a short fuse and working out kinks right now is not in my best interests lol.

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserid View Post
    I'm waiting for mick/marek at germaniks to get me a carplay nbt for a full ready to go kit with dab reverse camera etc.

Missed out on one by 24 hours as their supplier had a fully loaded one in the other day, but forgot to send the email sitting in my outbox. Now I have to wait a few weeks.

I'd let someone that knows what they're doing, do the grunt work and put the kit together, I have a short fuse and working out kinks right now is not in my best interests lol.

You're implying I don't know what I'm doing?
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    E30 Turbo, E39 530d Tour
    You're implying I don't know what I'm doing?
    I merely meant someone who knows what they're doing with these kits, I don't know you from Adam, I have no idea what you're capable of.

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Also meant to say br claim they only work on firmware 51-55

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Guys please someone help me here - now at 200 miles and while on main roads the cs system is fine but when you come off it jumps around still any ideas? Also if I am on a hw7 nbt can I code the internal gyro on to make it better?

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro225 View Post
    Guys please someone help me here - now at 200 miles and while on main roads the cs system is fine but when you come off it jumps around still any ideas? Also if I am on a hw7 nbt can I code the internal gyro on to make it better?

I would code internal gyro if I were you. Let me know how you get on, and to what degree it improves.

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Ok do I need to turn anything off on the adapter?

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro225 View Post
    Ok do I need to turn anything off on the adapter?

I don't think so, I just think it wouldn't take any data externally for the gyro.

My Cars
    2000 540i
    I just finished retrofitting the nbt in my e39. Using the bimmer retrofit kit. My blue tooth doesn't want to work. It says that the car must be in park to connect blue tooth. Everything else pretty much works properly.

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by 740iSport303 View Post
    Got my kit all together and getting prepared for the installation, but was wondering a couple of things; does anyone know the BMW part number for the USB/AUX unit and does it work with the NBT properly?
    Tonight I re-pinned the AUX input and now it's working 100%. I skimmed thru a bunch of wiring diagrams and lots of them have different pinouts, so here's one I put together and it's what works best:

For anyone that doesn't understand the diagram;

On NBT quadlock:
    AUX-left - 30
    AUX-right - 35
    AUX-ground - 36

On AUX socket with 4 pin connector:
    AUX-left - 4
    AUX-right - 3
    AUX-ground - 2
    Last edited by theshafro; 05-21-2017 at 02:50 AM.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    2000 540i
    Tonight I re-pinned the AUX input and now it's working 100%. I skimmed thru a bunch of wiring diagrams and lots of have different pinouts, so here's one I put together and it's what works best:

For anyone that doesn't understand the diagram;

On NBT quadlock:
    AUX-left - 30
    AUX-right - 35
    AUX-ground - 36

On AUX socket with 4 pin connector:
    AUX-left - 4
    AUX-right - 3
    AUX-ground - 2
    Thank you! This worked perfectly

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    I've made some progress in getting my NBT Evo to track correctly. After a phone conversation with Mick the other week, he suggested that the Chinese GPS antennas were not updating regularly enough. I bought a shark fin antenna from an E91, desoldered the vertical section and soldered it back with a connecting cable. Planning on placing this beneath the parcel shelf, but even flung in the boot, it updates much more regularly.

Now for a few questions: Does anyone know if the DAB sockets provide phantom power to the connected antennas? I used a multimeter to check the core of the Fakra connector with the ground on the outside, and even both of these to a ground on the vehicle, but I'm getting 0V. I assume this means I do not have phantom power? Additionally, does anyone have a DAB amplifier and can explain how this works? Does one antenna plug in and two fakra cables out for DAB-L and DAB-III?

My Cars
    2001 540i
    Does anyone know what is needed to add the iphone cradle to the E39 with an nbt? I want multimedia and charging functionality.
    Obviously I need the cradle and snap in adapter can they be from an E39 or should I find a newer vehicle. And Im assuming I would need a combox from an nbt vehicle but Im not sure how it would interface with the car. Anybody know about this

My Cars
    e46 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by JPToadstool View Post
    I've made some progress in getting my NBT Evo to track correctly. After a phone conversation with Mick the other week, he suggested that the Chinese GPS antennas were not updating regularly enough. I bought a shark fin antenna from an E91, desoldered the vertical section and soldered it back with a connecting cable. Planning on placing this beneath the parcel shelf, but even flung in the boot, it updates much more regularly.

Now for a few questions: Does anyone know if the DAB sockets provide phantom power to the connected antennas? I used a multimeter to check the core of the Fakra connector with the ground on the outside, and even both of these to a ground on the vehicle, but I'm getting 0V. I assume this means I do not have phantom power? Additionally, does anyone have a DAB amplifier and can explain how this works? Does one antenna plug in and two fakra cables out for DAB-L and DAB-III?
    The NBT Dab has two separate antennas, in Germany usually only Dab III is used.
    I used a multimeter and measured 8v phantom power on the DAB and FM Fakra.
    But i also have a question, how did you solve the problem with the FM Antennas??
    I also drive a E91 and tried with some glued wire one the side window in the trunk - without big success...
    Sorry for bad Englisch, i am from Germany

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    Thanks for your help. I have an E46, but I'm using an E91 shark fin antenna I've modified. Unfortunately unsure as to your FM antenna issue. If it's not getting power, could you run an accessory live to it?

My Cars
    bmw e39 530d
    Quote Originally Posted by garou81 View Post
    Does anyone know what is needed to add the iphone cradle to the E39 with an nbt? I want multimedia and charging functionality.
    Obviously I need the cradle and snap in adapter can they be from an E39 or should I find a newer vehicle. And Im assuming I would need a combox from an nbt vehicle but Im not sure how it would interface with the car. Anybody know about this
    So y just make the same upgrade,you will need a baseplate from a modern-nbt car a snap in media o conect for the phone you whant to use and a hsd cable to conect to the baseplate to the nbt,y have the same configuration and is working fine,bmw apps,music and charge,

My Cars
    2001 540i
    Thanks pablo wasnt sure it was that easy

Page 82 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3257727374757677787980818283848586878889909192107 ... LastLast