Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3156717273747576777879808182838485868788899091106 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2722

Thread: NBT/CIC/CCC retrofit in E39/E38/E53

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro225 View Post
    Guys - just walked out to my car this morning and it's dead - completely dead??? Wtf I'm so annoyed the Range Rover only has one key hole I've never needed it and today I tried so I could jump it and it's broken! So I'm locked it! Why would the emulator run the battery down? I though the cs adapter was meant to be better not worse :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry to hear that. Unless the adapter is a fault / needs updating, it's going to something wired to permanent live causing it. Either your amp / fm amp I imagine. There's also meant to be a few cables left disconnected, maybe those are the issues. Check here as well for someone with a similar issue.

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Hi jp - back to original issues - I have updated thanks for that camera is good now - however the screen flicking on and off is the same wiring is good, put a brand new battery on which I've been meaning to and checked it while running and voltages are 13-14v and it still flickers however with the lights on it does not??? Any ideas I don't have auto light but do have a rain sensor is it trying to do any weirdness like work out outside light?

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Also back on the power issue - I have connected as I did on my br adapter the dsp amp to the radon white/red wire. Car has been off now 30 mins and the dsp is still on I can hear the fan which can't be right can it ? Leave it 12hiurs I imagine it can flatten then battery - any ideas?

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    It's also powering the backup cam as that was br advise

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    It's also powering the backup cam as that was br advise

It's too complicated to diagnose at the moment with multiple issues. I would suggest disconnecting your amp from the positive wire feeding it, which I imagine will allow it to boot up but without sound. See if the flickering still occurs, then if it does, you can start focusing on what is causing the issue.

Check the voltage from permanent live and accessory live with ignition on and off, ensure those are working as they should. What wire connections does the amp have? I can't imagine it would run well with the limited current from the accessory live as it's only feed. That should only be a switch-on signal.

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR

pin outs?

I have the diagram which shows the pinouts on the rear of the headunit, but can't figure out this connector on the top right corner. It's the pink/reddish colored connector. what is it for? Is that for DAB?

NBT HU pins.jpg
    "A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Hi jp - I have put it back to br now everything working again never thought I'd say that as I've got to go out and don't want it going flat - I noticed the screen is marginally dimmer on the br? Also the 12v radon switches off within seconds of the stereo going off with the br whereas it doesn't with the cs it stays on until it's flattened the battery... I am just using it as a trigger wire for the amp or full power it's the dsp amp followed the instructions... cheers - ps if I can fix the power issue happy to leave it all hooked up and have a play but can't have it going flat

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    Hi jp - I have put it back to br now everything working again never thought I'd say that as I've got to go out and don't want it going flat - I noticed the screen is marginally dimmer on the br? Also the 12v radon switches off within seconds of the stereo going off with the br whereas it doesn't with the cs it stays on until it's flattened the battery... I am just using it as a trigger wire for the amp or full power it's the dsp amp followed the instructions... cheers - ps if I can fix the power issue happy to leave it all hooked up and have a play but can't have it going flat

Am I right in assuming that the radon comes directly from the emulator? Looking at the schematic, I imagine radon is only meant to be on with ignition on determined by can signals. To simplify, try going back to the carsystems emulator, and wiring whatever was originally going to the radon supply to be fed from the original car accessory live. I imagine there's an issue with the way the emulator is deciding your ignition is on.

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Ok not a bad shout - but does that not mean the carsystems adapter is on 24/7 then draining away or is that normal? Also is there a way to disable the cs adapter working with the rain sensor?

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Quote Originally Posted by kahlilj View Post
    I have the diagram which shows the pinouts on the rear of the headunit, but can't figure out this connector on the top right corner. It's the pink/reddish colored connector. what is it for? Is that for DAB?

NBT HU pins.jpg
    That's not dab they are green and yellow - no dab on that one I'm afraid... not sure what it is? Sirius?

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Googled it looks like I was right Sirius

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    That's not dab they are green and yellow - no dab on that one I'm afraid... not sure what it is? Sirius?

Googled it looks like I was right Sirius

kool thanks. what google phrase did you use to find it? or what was the link which showed it?

The one I'd been using is this one:
    NBT-plugs.jpg
    "A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    kool thanks. what google phrase did you use to find it? or what was the link which showed it?

The one I'd been using is this one:
    NBT-plugs.jpg
    Only North American NBTs got the SiriusXM pink plug instead of DAB.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Right small update - stopped the screen flicker by reducing the brightness to half or below - I can live with that - now the battery drain... I have switched the car off for a while and as said disconnected the two offending drainers - amp and camera ... however when I unlock the car and jump straight in the nbt is booted and ready to go... like it's not sleeping?

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight530i View Post
    The port you're talking about is for rear seat entertainment and there is a dvd changer addon I think that goes to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ DOOM View Post
    Yeah Blackknight is right. Nbt unit has single disc dvd slot. Dvd changer and rear entertainment addon is hella expensive.
    Only North American NBTs got the SiriusXM pink plug instead of DAB.

Thanks Paul. The knowledge you guys have built on this in the last couple of years is dope! Sooo just to reaffirm (or resurrect from a couple of years ago. lol), the disc rive on NBT's is for DVD? there is no Cd drive NBT units.

Anybody know the part number for the head unit? 6512xx...?

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Thanks Paul. The knowledge you guys have built on this in the last couple of years is dope! Sooo just to reaffirm (or resurrect from a couple of years ago. lol), the disc rive on NBT's is for DVD? there is no Cd drive NBT units.

Anybody know the part number for the head unit? 6512xx...?
    CD and DVD.

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Bit of an update - since dimming the screen and moving the amp/cam to switch live it's been 90mins and I have no battery drop yet also the nbt seems to be sleeping?? So not sure if that connection was upsetting things? Also I notice that the br adapter has a switch live input so guessing it's using that rather than can signals

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Argh not having fun with this lol - since updating to the latest firmware I get no speed limit info on the kombi which worked just fine before?

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    It says speed limit info:--- in the control messages..?

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    It says speed limit info:--- in the control messages..?

Glad you're making a bit of progress. I hate the speed limit info, I have a low kombi, which doesn't actually support it at all. I have to get used to the fact that the notifications always shows an exclamation mark. The --- normally denotes that it doesn't know the speed limit of the road you're on (normally as GPS is not on a road). Might go away when driving or display correctly.

Speak with carsystems tomorrow, see if they have firmware specific for the Range Rover. I can't imagine the CAN signals are the same as for BMWs, so maybe their firmware differs. Although they may have it all included in the one file.

Additional info:
    Dip-switch 4 is for SLI info on KOMBI, make sure it's turned on.
    Last edited by JPToadstool; 05-01-2017 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Additional info

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Ok - when I drive your right the exclamation changes to the limit but not on kombi - in the manual from cs it say 2 is for sli so I tried it on and off - prior to update switched on worked - what makes you say 4? Cheers!!

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Ok - when I drive your right the exclamation changes to the limit but not on kombi - in the manual from cs it say 2 is for sli so I tried it on and off - prior to update switched on worked - what makes you say 4? Cheers!!

Yeah, the SLI was something piping rock and I worked with CS to allow us to disable it. Some people want it, some don't. Got really annoying.

-Paul

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    Yeah, the SLI was something piping rock and I worked with CS to allow us to disable it. Some people want it, some don't. Got really annoying.

I'd like to disable it completely. Can't figure it out though, both via coding with E-Sys and dip switches. Any idea how to do this?

Pyro, these are the dip-switch configurations I got from Mick. I don't know how correct these are as they differ from the carsystems pdf.
    Dip-switch 1: Yaw-rate for forward direction
    Dip-switch 2: Yaw-rate for reverse direction
    Dip-switch 3: Speed limit info on iDrive
    Dip-switch 4: Speed limit info on instrument cluster
    Dip-switch 5-7: Power scale for sport display
    Dip-switch 8: Unknown

My Cars
    2000 BMW M5
    Hi, I posted earlier, but if someone could please confirm if this is the case (message from Germaniks). In this case I would need to specifically look for a US unit. Or does anybody know what exactly the limts are? Thank you!

"If you are based in the US, we can not supply you with a NBT EVO I am afraid due to technical difficulties to convert EURO units to US format and maps. It was easy before but now it require special tools which are not publicly available."

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by sdietric View Post
    Hi, I posted earlier, but if someone could please confirm if this is the case (message from Germaniks). In this case I would need to specifically look for a US unit. Or does anybody know what exactly the limts are? Thank you!

"If you are based in the US, we can not supply you with a NBT EVO I am afraid due to technical difficulties to convert EURO units to US format and maps. It was easy before but now it require special tools which are not publicly available."
    What are you trying to do?
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3156717273747576777879808182838485868788899091106 ... LastLast