Page 80 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3055707172737475767778798081828384858687888990105 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2722

Thread: NBT/CIC/CCC retrofit in E39/E38/E53

My Cars
    04 E46 M3 JB/Kiwi
    Quote Originally Posted by theshafro View Post
    Call him and see if he picks up. Don't think he'll have his cell phone in jail

- - - Updated - - -

Scumbag's website is back up and his Instagram is updated. But not emails or Facebook.
    Is he still a site sponsor?

EURO 04 M3
    Current Mods: GC DA's, Eibach ARB's, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Depo's, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Boot + CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, Z8 Starter Button, BBS CHs, Lamin-X, STORM SMG Paddles, RE RTABs/RCAs, OEM CSL Interior, OEM CSL Intake, M3 CSL HP DME, TTFS Tune, STOPTECH ST40's, FXR 3.0 Projectors, SS Stepped headers + Catless S Pipes + Res X-Pipe + Sport Muffler, OEM CSL Roof, OEM CSL Steering.

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaz3739 View Post
    Is he still a site sponsor?
    He was never a sponsor
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    04 E46 M3 JB/Kiwi
    He was never a sponsor
    Ok, for some reason i thought he was. No worries.

EURO 04 M3
    Current Mods: GC DA's, Eibach ARB's, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Depo's, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Boot + CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, Z8 Starter Button, BBS CHs, Lamin-X, STORM SMG Paddles, RE RTABs/RCAs, OEM CSL Interior, OEM CSL Intake, M3 CSL HP DME, TTFS Tune, STOPTECH ST40's, FXR 3.0 Projectors, SS Stepped headers + Catless S Pipes + Res X-Pipe + Sport Muffler, OEM CSL Roof, OEM CSL Steering.

My Cars
    Makes whoosh noises
    I've been in communication with another fellow at GermanIKS who seems to be working to get issues resolved.

1000+RWHP, Lab22 Built Turbo S54 - BMW Half Mile Record Holder

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
    I've been in communication with another fellow at GermanIKS who seems to be working to get issues resolved.
    Who is the other fellow or how do you reach him? I'd like to know where my $2,000 went...
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    Makes whoosh noises
    Who is the other fellow or how do you reach him? I'd like to know where my $2,000 went...
    I'm surprised you bought a kit from Mick after hating on him so much in 2015...honestly you sound like a troll but sure...show some proof and I'll forward you some contact info.

For the record I have bought and received a full kit...including a refund of $100 after I expressed my displeasure having to repaint one of the original bezels that was made. Regardless I'm waiting on an upgrade which seems to be in progress.

1000+RWHP, Lab22 Built Turbo S54 - BMW Half Mile Record Holder

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
    I'm surprised you bought a kit from Mick after hating on him so much in 2015...honestly you sound like a troll but sure...show some proof and I'll forward you some contact info.

For the record I have bought and received a full kit...including a refund of $100 after I expressed my displeasure having to repaint one of the original bezels that was made. Regardless I'm waiting on an upgrade which seems to be in progress.
    Lol "hating on him". I called him out for the douche that he is. And it turned out he was exactly that type of person. I didn't buy any of his stuff for myself, they were for my customers since I had the BR kit and it was totally incomplete and glitchy. What kind of proof do you want? Emails, receipts, Skype convos, text log from TeamViewer? And why would I be a troll? I was one of the first people on here to do this retrofit.

I also received cracked and ashy bezels from him and one that was complete garbage that didn't fit whatsoever and he kept arguing with me that it fit and was tested, just to buy himself 2 more month to make more.

Let's see if this is enough proof for you. Side by side, his garbage bezel and the one he sent 2 months later after I demanded my money back or a proper working tracking number:

'02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    E30 Turbo, E39 530d Tour
    Are they still selling kits?

What's the advantage of a touch screen over a non-touch?

What does the evo NBT store? Germaniks have an upgrade of 2gb to 4gb but if the storage is for a feature I can't/don't want to use, then that upgrade is futile and saves me a few bucks!
    As the new Evo NBT are 1.5Din, are people mounting them in the front or still in the rear/boot/trunk?

I don't have a dsp, will that make a difference for Top-Hifi?

I like the idea of the top mounted 10" screen, has anyone made a convincing frame/bezel for that or have most people just mounted it where the oem HU usually goes for sake of time and ease?

Thanks.
    Deepan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Hi guys - I have. Ow got my hands on a car systems adapter I have wired it into my existing working setup and replaced the br adapter... I have a problem though the screen keeps going off - if it's bright it goes off more at night it barely goes off when nav is in night mode http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_wk52inm_M

Any ideas?

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    Either you have low battery voltage, or you have the can low/high signal cables connected wrongly.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserid View Post
    Are they still selling kits?

What's the advantage of a touch screen over a non-touch?

What does the evo NBT store? Germaniks have an upgrade of 2gb to 4gb but if the storage is for a feature I can't/don't want to use, then that upgrade is futile and saves me a few bucks!
    As the new Evo NBT are 1.5Din, are people mounting them in the front or still in the rear/boot/trunk?

I don't have a dsp, will that make a difference for Top-Hifi?

I like the idea of the top mounted 10" screen, has anyone made a convincing frame/bezel for that or have most people just mounted it where the oem HU usually goes for sake of time and ease?

Thanks.
    Deepan

As someone that has the EVO 2GB, I wouldn't really recommend it. If you have an evo 2GB, have it with the ID4 software / firmware as it was intended. Otherwise it'll crash constantly on ID5/ID6, and it requires the engine to be restarted. Go either original NBT, or NBT EVO 4GB.

My Cars
    2001 540i
    In regard to my issue of not having the date or time set in my nbt(i only get --:--) I was told that my firmware on my actual nbt unit was too old and that I needed to flash it and that the cafd file didnt understand information on gateway table 5 so It was suggested that I try gateway table 7. Prior to testing this out I broke my nbt screen trying to replace the glass so ill update as soon as i get another screen.

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Hi jptoadstool - it does it when driving as well voltage is good - didn't do it with the br adapter and I repinned wiring from the br plug to the cs plug. I get the sli on my dash and the time syncs fine so what would you suggest I look at? Does the can turn the screen on and off individually to the nbt then?

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Also any idea why when the screen is in night mode it seemed ok?

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro225 View Post
    Also any idea why when the screen is in night mode it seemed ok?

It would certainly seem that the issue is something to do with either the emulator or in moving the wiring across. I was just trying to link it back to my experience so far, which was due to low voltage after a heavy coding session. The carsystems support are very good, maybe have a word with them.

Other than that, check that you're getting around 8.4V on the power wires to the CID, and that E-Sys has it set to an APIX1 display.

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    I actually spliced all the wires about an inch from the end of the plugs so I could switch back if necessary no broken strands and all soldered so it should be ok I'd think - I assume apix1 is right as it worked on my br adapter would it be a firmware issue of the emulator if so is it easy enough to uodate

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    I actually spliced all the wires about an inch from the end of the plugs so I could switch back if necessary no broken strands and all soldered so it should be ok I'd think - I assume apix1 is right as it worked on my br adapter would it be a firmware issue of the emulator if so is it easy enough to uodate

Very easy to update. The carsystems website has a link to instructions, but not sure if they have a firmware file. I can't remember which care you have. I have the latest E39/E46 firmware if you need it. If you do, PM me your email address and I'll forward it to you in the morning.

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Hi there I have a Range Rover I believe it's the same as e53 x5 so guessing it will be what you have?

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Also my backup camera when in reverse says engineer menu on it so I can't see where I'm going?

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Also my backup camera when in reverse says engineer menu on it so I can't see where I'm going?

That's a carsystems firmware issue. Update it and that should fix it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Ok thanks Paul - are you aware of different firmwares for different vehicles or is there one extended ibus for the lot? Is it just a case of plugging in the emulator via USB with it disconnected from the car and copying the firmware file like it is with the br adapter?

My Cars
    2000 BMW M5
    Hi,

Is it true that NBT EVO for the EURO market no longer work in the US?

Germaniks told me that there is a problem:

"If you are based in the US, we can not supply you with a NBT EVO I am afraid due to technical difficulties to convert EURO units to US format and maps. It was easy before but now it require special tools which are not publicly available."

Bimmerretrofit told me that there is no problem:

"All of the units that we sell fully work with and support US maps."

I am trying to convert an E39 from the Mark IV to the NBT EVO w/ or w/o touchscreen.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S.: Does anyone has an STL file for the bezel / frame?

My Cars
    E30 Turbo, E39 530d Tour
    Quote Originally Posted by JPToadstool View Post
    As someone that has the EVO 2GB, I wouldn't really recommend it. If you have an evo 2GB, have it with the ID4 software / firmware as it was intended. Otherwise it'll crash constantly on ID5/ID6, and it requires the engine to be restarted. Go either original NBT, or NBT EVO 4GB.
    If i go the NBT route, i'll be going evo. i was thinking about CarPlay, but it barely has enough apps to make it worthwhile. id use it for music/maps (Waze) but then again, apple maps has really improved recently.

From what you've said, i suspect the 4GB is more just for software storage and functionality code.

Any other functionality lost without the Touch-Screen?

Deepan

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserid View Post
    If i go the NBT route, i'll be going evo. i was thinking about CarPlay, but it barely has enough apps to make it worthwhile. id use it for music/maps (Waze) but then again, apple maps has really improved recently.

From what you've said, i suspect the 4GB is more just for software storage and functionality code.

Any other functionality lost without the Touch-Screen?

Deepan
    If that's the case, I definitely suggest the extra for a 4GB unit. My 2GB one crashes so often it's pretty much unusable. I've asked Mick from Germaniks to source a 4GB unit for me. He told me that they're quite difficult to get at the moment, so expect a delay.

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Guys - just walked out to my car this morning and it's dead - completely dead??? Wtf I'm so annoyed the Range Rover only has one key hole I've never needed it and today I tried so I could jump it and it's broken! So I'm locked it! Why would the emulator run the battery down? I though the cs adapter was meant to be better not worse :-(

Page 80 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3055707172737475767778798081828384858687888990105 ... LastLast