Page 71 of 109 FirstFirst ... 214661626364656667686970717273747576777879808196 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2722

Thread: NBT/CIC/CCC retrofit in E39/E38/E53

My Cars
    96 ACS S3 CLS, 02 540iA
    Looking good BMWPlanetDude! You done installing that EVO setup? REALLY interested in seeing how the unit looks in the E39 in-dash with the CIC faceplate...

I'm actually really liking the screen placement on your setup over the screen mounted lower where the old unit resided. Whenever i'm driving my 540iT I imagine looking down at it and it just makes much more ergonomic sense to have it up higher on the dash like you (and all the newer BMW's) have it. However, I do like the cleaner look of the open top of the dash on the E39. Ultimately though...i'd give up aesthetics to ergonomics anyday. Function over fashion.
    Last edited by Mpowered02; 08-27-2016 at 07:13 PM.
    Alvin Caragay
    Mpire Automotive (https://www.facebook.com/MpireAutomotive/)
    '96 AC Schnitzer S3 Sport CLS Replica (https://www.facebook.com/ACSS3SportCLSR)
    '02 E39 540iAT

My Cars
    bmw e39 530d
    How you managed to do this , adrian from customretrofit tell me that ibus adaptor is not conpatible whit evo new generation ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

My Cars
    With wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by pabloMG View Post
    How you managed to do this , adrian from customretrofit tell me that ibus adaptor is not conpatible whit evo new generation ?
    Most CAN bus commands are the same as previous NBT.
    Steering wheel buttons are working etc already. Wake up signal is the same etc.
    Some functions specific to the ID5 would not work, but Carsystems is releasing new firmware updates to include ID5 in iBUs emulators this week.

Speaking of new firmware, they actually just made a new one for the first generation ibus emulator literally 10 mn ago, that I am still using myself and probably people like Mick etc.
    I am testing it right now
    BMW OSS Master - BMW Coding, flashing, and NBT/CIC retrofits for breakfast.
    Founder of BMW Planet, serving wiring diagrams to BMW enthusiasts and independent garages all over the world since 2008

GSXRliterbikz is offline Addict Number 45573... Moderator
    My Cars
    01 740iL, 04 X5 3.0i
    Interesting. So all one wound need to do is update the firmware in their adapter and they could buy a newer Evo idrive? Plugs are the same?

My Cars
    With wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXRliterbikz View Post
    Interesting. So all one wound need to do is update the firmware in their adapter and they could buy a newer Evo idrive? Plugs are the same?
    Yep.
    You will need an extra WLAN antenna that's it.
    You can keep your screen but will need a voltage regulator.
    Unit will need a new EVO headunit to be flashed with correct software and FSC certs loaded.
    Chinese camera do not work. Well only black and white.
    If you want color you need to change camera with one that handles color with 4.43 MHz

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mpowered02 View Post
    Looking good BMWPlanetDude! You done installing that EVO setup? REALLY interested in seeing how the unit looks in the E39 in-dash with the CIC faceplate...
    EVO still work in progress
    What do you mean in dash with CIC faceplate?

Here is another customer with the normal NBT recently fitted to his M5 with our bezels.

Founder of BMW Planet, serving wiring diagrams to BMW enthusiasts and independent garages all over the world since 2008

My Cars
    bmw e39 530d
    Whit the evo will work the icam original from bmw?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

My Cars
    2003 BMW 530i
    Finaly finish reading each posts w/ 71 pages of this thread, TKS for everyone post here!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,Mick
    I want to put NBT into my E39,I expect to purchase the emulator(adapter cable with ethernet) frome you which you post

A pm has sent to you,pls check!

My Truely RESPECT
    03' BMW E39 530I
    04 BENZ W220 S280

My Cars
    2001 540i
    Is The Idrive controller required with the new nbt evo

My Cars
    1997 e39 540iA
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWPlanetDude View Post
    sent you PM

what is the main difference between EVO and standard NBT?

My Cars
    E38
    My Bimmerretrofit module is now broken since 2 months. Came to the car one day and noticed that it won't open by remote.
    No lights inside the car when opening the door so the battery was empty. Fortunately the car has two batteries so it managed
    to start the engine. But the alarm systems managed to start as well. I turned the key two more times to deactivate the alarm
    sirene - then the nbt screen didn't boot anymore. I did contact the support and they told me to measure few things. Came out
    that the module has an almost shortage and there is no simple way to fix it.

Bimmerretrofit offered me to repair it for a reasonable price which is, in the worst case, the replacement of curcuit board for 350 USD.

I'm so disappointed because I think paying around 550€ for one year of usage is too much and I highly doubt that the curcuit board cost
    them any near by 350 USD. I appreciate the work they've done and think it's worth the money but I felt more like buying a license than
    buying hardware on this. Therefor I expected them, if the hardware gets damaged, they help me out the best they can to fix it. Instead
    of this I feel like they want to gain high profit again.

It would be a whole other situation if I'm blameable for the broken module but it worked "well" for more than a year and without any changes
    the module broke. For now I even think or got told that the broken module should be the cause for the empty battery and the fun with several
    minutes of alarm in the underground car park.The person who told me so found a broken coil on the curcuit board but replacing it wouldn't fix
    it he sais. He assumes an IC or processor is damaged. I hope by letting the support know this they can estimate the cost better.
    For me it's sure that the next module I install is from Mick and BR definitly won't get another 350 USD from me.
    Last edited by DanoreyV12; 09-04-2016 at 10:18 AM.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Speaking of new firmware, they actually just made a new one for the first generation ibus emulator literally 10 mn ago, that I am still using myself and probably people like Mick etc.
    I am testing it right now
    Mick, how is the new firmware for the first gen working? I still have one of those and am interested in what they changed. Also, I'm still waiting on an updated extended gen2 (no USB) firmware. Any news on that?

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    Looks incredible!

My Cars
    With wheels
    EVO ID5 in action, Android phone mirroring working just fine

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    EVO ID5 in action, Android phone mirroring working just fine

Is that all done wirelessly? I didn't see a MHL cable plugged in, so if it's done wireless, that's fantastic.

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    With wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight530i View Post
    Is that all done wirelessly? I didn't see a MHL cable plugged in, so if it's done wireless, that's fantastic.
    Yes of course, all wireless. This isa native feature on Android phones, especially Samsung for TV etc.

My Cars
    96 ACS S3 CLS, 02 540iA
    EVO still work in progress
    What do you mean in dash with CIC faceplate?
    Thought you said before that you were mounting the newer EVO unit up front and covering it with a CIC faceplate?

Here's the quote from a few pages back in the thread:
    No the main guy was away for 3 weeks recently, will ask this week, need a few things sorted too.

By the way, here is phase 2 on my e39, NBT EVO. Since I had the original NBT up front it was messy. Now with EVO, fits the front no problem. Just need a bit of custom work using the original BMW head unit carrier.

That unit I have here is old already from May 2015, I will change it for a newer unit soon that will allow me to get the latest NBT firmware with Touch screen, horizontal menu, phone mirroring...But I am doing all the mounts and will cover the old radio opening with a CIC radio control panel so I have the mute button, eject CD/DVD and shortcuts with the buttons.
    Alvin Caragay
    Mpire Automotive (https://www.facebook.com/MpireAutomotive/)
    '96 AC Schnitzer S3 Sport CLS Replica (https://www.facebook.com/ACSS3SportCLSR)
    '02 E39 540iAT

My Cars
    With wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpowered02 View Post
    Thought you said before that you were mounting the newer EVO unit up front and covering it with a CIC faceplate?

Here's the quote from a few pages back in the thread:
    Ah yes sorry thats right

My Cars
    With wheels
    Hello, another very nice NBT retrofit done to a 2001 525d in Europe with all the Alpina bits
    Owner did the idrive controller bezel in carbon fibre, we supplied the rest (Screen bezel + full kit)
    Very nice interior, fair play to the owner

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    Fantastic!

My Cars
    '01 M5, '03 M3, '05 X3
    I've read through almost all the pages, but I still have a question: what is the status on HW versions that support CarPlay? Thanks for all the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    With wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by thetotalthom View Post
    I've read through almost all the pages, but I still have a question: what is the status on HW versions that support CarPlay? Thanks for all the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You need the new EVO ID5 NBT unit, HW is irrelevant. They are many different HW version, but the latest the better, well that's my reasoning.

My Cars
    With wheels
    Doing EVO ID5/6 regularly now, fantastic system, if anyone interested feel free to get in touch. Works in iBus cars of course.

My Cars
    98 VW Passat
    So any of the NBT hardware will support Android Auto/Apple CarPlay? Evo is just the newer software?

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdale85 View Post
    So any of the NBT hardware will support Android Auto/Apple CarPlay? Evo is just the newer software?
    No, just the NBT EVO, it's a different head unit, you can reuse the other NBT pieces tho.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    98 VW Passat
    Oh, I looked on ebay and couldn't find anything listed as NBT EVO. Does anyone have a part number?

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, now they are showing up for some reason. None in the states though.

Page 71 of 109 FirstFirst ... 214661626364656667686970717273747576777879808196 ... LastLast