Page 70 of 109 FirstFirst ... 204560616263646566676869707172737475767778798095 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2722

Thread: NBT/CIC/CCC retrofit in E39/E38/E53

My Cars
    With wheels
    Hello,

New firmware released for EXTENDED GEN 3 emulator. Some reported the NBT not starting on a random basis and GPS accuracy not good.

Firmware GEN3 (With red plug for CIC radio panel and RCA plugs for camera)
    http://www.bmw-planet.net/nbt/Extend..._v_1_02_31.cod

Update instructions as usual:
    http://www.bmw-planet.net/nbt/iBUS_M...structions.pdf
    BMW OSS Master - BMW Coding, flashing, and NBT/CIC retrofits for breakfast.
    Founder of BMW Planet, serving wiring diagrams to BMW enthusiasts and independent garages all over the world since 2008

My Cars
    2002 BMW E46
    I saw this CIC retrofit in a E46 330CiA with one 10,2" screen, but without any screen bezel I think it's not well integrated. Do you think it is possible to make a bezel for the E46 with the 10,2" screen to improve the look and have better integration? It seems that there is still room for it. In the photo you can see the metal frame. The bezel could have thin plastic sides. I think it would be nice to fit the 10,2" screen in the E46 with a bezel. What do you think?

My Cars
    04 E46 M3 JB/Kiwi
    Quote Originally Posted by speedster4 View Post
    I saw this CIC retrofit in a E46 330CiA with one 10,2" screen, but without any screen bezel I think it's not well integrated. Do you think it is possible to make a bezel for the E46 with the 10,2" screen to improve the look and have better integration? It seems that there is still room for it. In the photo you can see the metal frame. The bezel could have thin plastic sides. I think it would be nice to fit the 10,2" screen in the E46 with a bezel. What do you think?

That would look great with a minimal bezel.

EURO 04 M3
    Current Mods: GC DA's, Eibach ARB's, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Depo's, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Boot + CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, Z8 Starter Button, BBS CHs, Lamin-X, STORM SMG Paddles, RE RTABs/RCAs, OEM CSL Interior, OEM CSL Intake, M3 CSL HP DME, TTFS Tune, STOPTECH ST40's, FXR 3.0 Projectors, SS Stepped headers + Catless S Pipes + Res X-Pipe + Sport Muffler, OEM CSL Roof, OEM CSL Steering.

My Cars
    E46 M3 ZCP
    Just read through this whole thread! Took me 2 days but it was worth it lol

So BMW planet dude, am I able to purchase a whole complete kit directly from you for my e46? I would like to retain my sirius satellite radio. Would I be better off sourcing a unit myself or do you have access to the sirius units as well? Thanks!
    2006 Alpine/Black ZCP 6-Speed

if insult is predicated on the notion that the cars I drive are directly related to the amount of money I have/make.

My Cars
    2002 BMW E46
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaz3739 View Post
    That would look great with a minimal bezel.

My Cars
    With wheels
    Surely this looks better no?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by folgrz View Post
    Just read through this whole thread! Took me 2 days but it was worth it lol

So BMW planet dude, am I able to purchase a whole complete kit directly from you for my e46? I would like to retain my sirius satellite radio. Would I be better off sourcing a unit myself or do you have access to the sirius units as well? Thanks!
    Hello, I do not sell SIRIUS units I am afraid, probably better off sourcing it yourself in the US.
    You can get the wiring kit/bezel from us if you want.

Cheers
    Founder of BMW Planet, serving wiring diagrams to BMW enthusiasts and independent garages all over the world since 2008

My Cars
    2002 BMW E46
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWPlanetDude View Post
    Surely this looks better no?

I like more this one, it looks OEM, but it would be nice the E46 owners to have the 10,2" screen option too.
    BMWPlanetDude, do you have any pictures of the screen mounted on the dash, without the frame on it? I would like to see the remaining space with the 8.8" setup.

My Cars
    With wheels
    I like more this one, it looks OEM, but it would be nice the E46 owners to have the 10,2" screen option too.
    BMWPlanetDude, do you have any pictures of the screen mounted on the dash, without the frame on it? I would like to see the remaining space with the 8.8" setup.
    I do not have such pictures I am afraid
    If you want to experiment, probably best to be a unit from ebay and play with the screen and your dash yourself.

My Cars
    2002 BMW E46
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWPlanetDude View Post
    I do not have such pictures I am afraid
    If you want to experiment, probably best to be a unit from ebay and play with the screen and your dash yourself.
    BMWPlanetDude, thanks for the reply. OK, I will wait to see if someone with a E46 can show pictures of a 8,8" screen without the bezel on it, to see how much space have left on the dash.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    BMWPlanetDude, thanks for the reply. OK, I will wait to see if someone with a E46 can show pictures of a 8,8" screen without the bezel on it, to see how much space have left on the dash.
    If you look at this page: http://www.car-mods.de/, you'll see where the guy had a 8.8" CIC display in the opening before deciding to go with the 10.2".

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    blackknight530i, thank you for the input.
    It seems that he had to cut the dash to fit the screen. If we look well, we can see the screen frame behind the dash. I don't know, but I think I don't like the idea to cut the dash...

Yeah, I would be apprehensive to cutting the dash as well, but you can always find a used dash at a salvage yard in case you decide to go back to stock. You're probably better off going with the 8.8 though and getting a bezel that makes it look OE.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    2002 BMW E46
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight530i View Post
    If you look at this page: http://www.car-mods.de/, you'll see where the guy had a 8.8" CIC display in the opening before deciding to go with the 10.2".
    blackknight530i, thank you for the input.
    It seems that he had to cut the dash to fit the 10.2" screen. If we look well, we can see the screen frame behind the dash. I don't know, but I think I don't like the idea to cut the dash...

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the double entry (I edited the post)...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I would be apprehensive to cutting the dash as well, but you can always find a used dash at a salvage yard in case you decide to go back to stock. You're probably better off going with the 8.8 though and getting a bezel that makes it look OE.

I was also thinking about it, as much as I like the idea of having a bigger screen... I need to think better...

My Cars
    96 ACS S3 CLS, 02 540iA
    I was also thinking about it, as much as I like the idea of having a bigger screen... I need to think better...
    Yeah, around here, E39's are a pretty regular sight at the pick n pulls. Could probably find a dash relatively cheaply if you ever decide to go back. The bigger screen is definitely nice though.
    Personally, I like the screen placement that BMWPlanetDude is running with it integrated into the top of the dash. It's not as clean looking because you have something sticking up on the dash, but functionally it makes sense to me. Is more in the line of sight and don't need to look down as much to look at Nav, etc. Personally, i'll probably copy that placement whenever I get around to doing the NBT retrofit...
    Alvin Caragay
    Mpire Automotive (https://www.facebook.com/MpireAutomotive/)
    '96 AC Schnitzer S3 Sport CLS Replica (https://www.facebook.com/ACSS3SportCLSR)
    '02 E39 540iAT

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpowered02 View Post
    Yeah, around here, E39's are a pretty regular sight at the pick n pulls. Could probably find a dash relatively cheaply if you ever decide to go back. The bigger screen is definitely nice though.
    Personally, I like the screen placement that BMWPlanetDude is running with it integrated into the top of the dash. It's not as clean looking because you have something sticking up on the dash, but functionally it makes sense to me. Is more in the line of sight and don't need to look down as much to look at Nav, etc. Personally, i'll probably copy that placement whenever I get around to doing the NBT retrofit...
    He has an e46, not an e39.

-Paul

My Cars
    96 ACS S3 CLS, 02 540iA
    He has an e46, not an e39.
    Oops...yeah I see it now...didn't look at the pics that closely, but even then...E46's are pretty common at the pick n pulls as well, so it probably wouldn't be too difficult to find a replacement dash these days for relatively cheap if he decides to go the cut route and ever wants to go back to stock...
    Alvin Caragay
    Mpire Automotive (https://www.facebook.com/MpireAutomotive/)
    '96 AC Schnitzer S3 Sport CLS Replica (https://www.facebook.com/ACSS3SportCLSR)
    '02 E39 540iAT

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpowered02 View Post
    Oops...yeah I see it now...didn't look at the pics that closely, but even then...E46's are pretty common at the pick n pulls as well, so it probably wouldn't be too difficult to find a replacement dash these days for relatively cheap if he decides to go the cut route and ever wants to go back to stock...
    Yeah, exactly

-Paul

My Cars
    2002 BMW E46
    In addition to the decision of the screen size, I have the problem to update the car with a new and modern navigation system and then I cannot introduce new POIs in the maps.
    In this moment I have the MKIV navigation system with customized disks, so I can see the placement of the speed cams.
    With the new NBT systems, as far as I know, we can't customize the maps to introduce new POIs (like the speed cams), because apparently, the system is able to detect that the file has been tampered and won't let the map update.
    Does anyone know if there are any new developments on this subject? Has anyone managed to get around this problem and knows how to go around the file verification?

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    In addition to the decision of the screen size, I have the problem to update the car with a new and modern navigation system and then I cannot introduce new POIs in the maps.
    In this moment I have the MKIV navigation system with customized disks, so I can see the placement of the speed cams.
    With the new NBT systems, as far as I know, we can't customize the maps to introduce new POIs (like the speed cams), because apparently, the system is able to detect that the file has been tampered and won't let the map update.
    Does anyone know if there are any new developments on this subject? Has anyone managed to get around this problem and knows how to go around the file verification?
    You can add POI's from within the nav system itself. Lol you'll have to drive around play Speedcam GO to catch 'em all!
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    2002 BMW E46
    Quote Originally Posted by theshafro View Post
    You can add POI's from within the nav system itself. Lol you'll have to drive around play Speedcam GO to catch 'em all!
    That's not a solution to me! I don't want to have more than one system in the car. I would like to retrofit the NBT unit and be able to install custom maps with my own POIs with audible warnings.

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    That's not a solution to me! I don't want to have more than one system in the car. I would like to retrofit the NBT unit and be able to install custom maps with my own POIs with audible warnings.
    Okay. Remove your license plates and wear a mask every time you drive.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    2002 BMW E46
    Quote Originally Posted by theshafro View Post
    Okay. Remove your license plates and wear a mask every time you drive.
    Mr. theshafro, the forums are a place (community) where the members supposedly, can help each other, with their questions, answers, ideas, support, etc.
    To keep the forums friendly and helpful, it would be nice if the members could provide a positive feedback and solutions to solve problems that others have. Who knows, maybe one day it's you who will need help.
    What you said, "Remove your license plates and wear a mask every time you drive" it's not a help at all.
    You may not know, but in Europe with the proliferation of speed cameras everywhere, it's very easy to lose the driving licence and to have to pay fines.
    Look at the picture below to get an idea.
    So, I ask if anyone has a constructive response to the possibility of customize the maps, to introduce new POIs and go around the NBT system file verification, please tell me.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Mr. theshafro, the forums are a place (community) where the members supposedly, can help each other, with their questions, answers, ideas, support, etc.
    To keep the forums friendly and helpful, it would be nice if the members could provide a positive feedback and solutions to solve problems that others have. Who knows, maybe one day it's you who will need help.
    What you said, "Remove your license plates and wear a mask every time you drive" it's not a help at all.
    You may not know, but in Europe with the proliferation of speed cameras everywhere, it's very easy to lose the driving licence and to have to pay fines.
    Look at the picture below to get an idea.
    So, I ask if anyone has a constructive response to the possibility of customize the maps, to introduce new POIs and go around the NBT system file verification, please tell me.

I'm pretty sure he was just joking. We don't have a solution, so he tried to make light of the situation.

-Paul

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    I'm pretty sure he was just joking. We don't have a solution, so he tried to make light of the situation.
    LOL only half joking!

Sorry, speedster. Probably some day.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    bmw e39 530d
    So the emulator is compatible whit the new evo g series nbt?and if y want to upgrade to evo id5 what y need?only the nbt evo hu ?

My Cars
    With wheels

Good night fellas...need to catch up on emails and PMs.

Page 70 of 109 FirstFirst ... 204560616263646566676869707172737475767778798095 ... LastLast