Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: NBT/CIC/CCC retrofit in E39/E38/E53

My Cars
    With wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight530i View Post
    If you're wanting to become a distributor for the adapter(s), you'll need to talk to the manufacturer. Here is their contact page: http://carsystems.com.ua/contacts-en. I have no more information than that though.

I would love to get started on this project, but I am certainly not in a fiscal situation to be able to. The impression I got from Adrian was that it was about 400 Euros + 12 Euros shipping for an individual unit, but he said that if I needed more than 1, there would be a "nice discount". I figured that meant something like 25-50 Euros off each unit, but that could be wildly optimistic. When I talked to Mick about a price, he told me $470 US shipped for 1 and $450 US for 2 or more. Considering they are getting them from the same manufacturer, I would guess the prices would be about the fairly close. We'll have to see if Mick is interested in running a group buy, but we will likely need to get upwards of 10+ orders to get a decent discount. When you factor in the cost of the nav units on top of that cost, I doubt the interest will be as high as it has been so far. Then add in the coding. Unless Mick is planning on offering coding services, we'll need to learn ourselves and acquire the software.
    Only making very few quids on the iBus adapter from the manufacturer. Very little actually. He is the only one guy in the world to make them and he is not going to move on price. There is so little demand for it and he makes them on order. Had to wait 2 weeks to get mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by //m320is View Post
    Well, I'm ready to buy the module, if anyone else is too then perhaps we should make a list. I didn't get the impression that Mick wanted to just sell the modules, even a group of them, but perhaps I'm wrong. I'm hoping the Distributers will pipe up and say something.
    I can provide the iBus module on its own not a problem, what I don't provide is the list of parts of individuals plugs, minor items etc that you need to perform a full retrofit on your own. Only has as a whole kit with everything provided already. So it is plug and play to you.
    Last edited by BMWPlanetDude; 02-02-2015 at 04:57 PM.
    BMW OSS Master - BMW Coding, flashing, and NBT/CIC retrofits for breakfast.
    Founder of BMW Planet, serving wiring diagrams to BMW enthusiasts and independent garages all over the world since 2008

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWPlanetDude View Post
    Only making very few quids on the iBus adapter from the manufacturer. Very little actually. He is the only one guy in the world to make them and he is not going to move on price. There is so little demand for it and he makes them on order. Had to wait 2 weeks to get mine.
    That's why I figured we would need a lot of orders to even see if he would budge, but I gotcha. I'm sure you're price isn't much different. If I could get $700+ for my mkiv, widescreen display, bluetooth TCU, and Dice sirius/ipod adapter, I would consider this option more for my e38, but the car I really wanted to install it in was my e39 and I know I wouldn't get anything reasonable for the AVIC-F90BT and XM adapter in it. I probably wouldn't even get enough to cover the cost of the adapter by selling my old system in the e39.

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    98 540I/6, 95 M, 00 Ram
    Only making very few quids on the iBus adapter from the manufacturer. Very little actually. He is the only one guy in the world to make them and he is not going to move on price. There is so little demand for it and he makes them on order. Had to wait 2 weeks to get mine. - - - Updated - - - I can provide the iBus module on its own not a problem, what I don't provide is the list of parts of individuals plugs, minor items etc that you need to perform a full retrofit on your own. Only has as a whole kit with everything provided already. So it is plug and play to you.
    Mick, I can appreciate that. In addition I would advise anyone who wants a plug and play kit that they should get ahold of you. What you have is a very complete assembly and the price I thought was very reasonable considering everything else out there. It's a little more then the dynavin solution but the no satellite support was a killer too me. Pm me for price of module shipped when you get around too it, also is your system finished?

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    I can provide the iBus module on its own not a problem, what I don't provide is the list of parts of individuals plugs, minor items etc that you need to perform a full retrofit on your own. Only has as a whole kit with everything provided already. So it is plug and play to you.
    I say that is completely understandable. Are you including whatever coding you need for the NBT in your kit? If you don't mind posting, what is your kit price for the whole system. If you do mind, can you please PM me so I can get an idea of what we're talking about? I might consider that option in the future if it isn't much more than what I'm seeing currently by piecing it together.

- - - Updated - - -

Mick, I can appreciate that. In addition I would advise anyone who wants a plug and play kit that they should get ahold of you. What you have is a very complete assembly and the price I thought was very reasonable considering everything else out there. It's a little more then the dynavin solution but the no satellite support was a killer too me. Pm me for price of module shipped when you get around too it, also is your system finished?
    Can you explain what you mean by the statement in bold?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    Personally I'm fairly interested since I was preparing to retrofit the MKIV setup anyway... but the fabrication definitely scares me a bit. Lot of money to spend on something that I might not be able to integrate with any reasonable level of fit/finish
    If you decide not to do this and want my MkIV system (minus the display of course) with bluetooth TCU and Dice IPOD/Sirius adapter, let me know. It's got 2015 maps as well.

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    With wheels
    ..., also is your system finished?
    Not going to fit in the e39, keeping the system for the e60 that is coming soon. E39 is leaking all over the place, changed auto trans before xmas, engine and cooling system 4 years ago, now steering box is gone, suspension is shot again, had enough of that car.
    Founder of BMW Planet, serving wiring diagrams to BMW enthusiasts and independent garages all over the world since 2008

My Cars
    98 540I/6, 95 M, 00 Ram
    BK, what I was referring to was the fact that the dynavin units have no sat radio support, ultimately this is why I haven't pulled the trigger on this for my e53, which I will just leave alone and trade in on an e70 soon. For my e38 or e39 if I decide to pull out what I did in it, this is the best solution to get what I want. 75% of the time I listen to sat radio so it's important to me. I will start by assembling this and putting it in my e38 first. Has anyone in the US done this yet?

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Not going to fit in the e39, keeping the system for the e60 that is coming soon. E39 is leaking all over the place, changed auto trans before xmas, engine and cooling system 4 years ago, now steering box is gone, suspension is shot again, had enough of that car.
    By the way, what model did that NBT EVO come from? All of the NBT systems I've seen are the double din variety.

- - - Updated - - -

BK, what I was referring to was the fact that the dynavin units have no sat radio support, ultimately this is why I haven't pulled the trigger on this for my e53, which I will just leave alone and trade in on an e70 soon. For my e38 or e39 if I decide to pull out what I did in it, this is the best solution to get what I want. 75% of the time I listen to sat radio so it's important to me. I will start by assembling this and putting it in my e38 first. Has anyone in the US done this yet?
    That's what I though, because I was very certain that the NBT had Sirius builtin.

As far as I know, nobody in the US has done this retrofit yet. You can be the first

-Paul

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Deleted
    Last edited by blackknight530i; 02-03-2015 at 07:51 AM.

-Paul

My Cars
    98 540I/6, 95 M, 00 Ram
    Right, that's what he pm'd me with. He has other options as well but I didn't want to post prices without him knowing. The price is good enough that it may be worth just to buy it all from him.

Mick, I got quoted for the 8 inch screen, not the 10, is there a space issue in the e38's?

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740IL
    The 10 inch will fit no problem. I posted a pic a couple pages back that shows the 10 inch screen in a e38. The 10 inch screen just cost more.

Last edited by MJ DOOM; 02-02-2015 at 06:42 PM.
    Spaceships & Woodgrain.

My Cars
    01 740i,E93 M3,E30 325is
    Ok this project is cool as h#ll. I am seriously thinking about it.

My Cars
    98 540I/6, 95 M, 00 Ram
    Very cool. I wasn't too excited about putting all the old tech stuff in my e38, but this changes everything. Now I just have to choose do I want to do this in my car or get another..
    Last edited by //m320is; 02-02-2015 at 07:28 PM.

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR

- - - Updated - - -

Blacknight & BMWplanetdude, I am definitely interested and only in a whole kit. not interested in piecing this together myself. I've got a 2001 e38 with DSP, Mk4 & widescreen monitor. I want my monitor/display mounted in the center dash just as the OEM screen is, 8", 10" don't matter. Just need to know the cost..
    "A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    With wheels
    Hi guys

So I asked Kevin and Mick with regards the reselling part on this forum and not being a sponsor, so for now will keep it to PM.

Cheers

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

Excellent progression on this potential project and very cool that there is an 'interface' unit that allows it to fit into the E39 and other similar oem audio modules equipped cars.

The equipment list is a good reference to help anyone thinking of the project and can hopefully pick up some (or all!) of the modules cheaper as and when they come up at breakers yards & ebay etc.

For those who can DIY fit and fabricate, there's a substantial saving to be made. For those who might have to have a pro installer do the job, I think it'd be great to get an approximate cost for installing all the required modules, wiring, any antenna's and associated wiring to have all the system functional. I think also a guide price on having a quality bezel made for the monitor to fit into the dash area location where the oem head unit currently is located. In addition, having the rotary controller fitted into the E39 ashtray location and/or by the side of the gear selector/lever. Both of these will need to 'blend in' as best as possible too.

That would give a good overall cost for someone without the skills, time or patience to DIY.

Also, are there any additional oem modules that need or could be added to provide more/extra functionality ? i.e is there an option to add an digital TV tuner? or is it already integrated?

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    03 325xi, 01 740iL
    This is the lowest price I have found for the oem hardware that I believe to be the correct generation:
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=151352371112
    This is the 8.8" screen and CIC-HIGH, which is NBT according to the BMW literature.

Obviously this doesn't include wiring or the adapter that planetdude is offering. Not sure how badly the cables and minor pieces will nickel and dime you.
    Last edited by daytonatrbo; 02-06-2015 at 09:19 AM.
    Current:
    2009 xdrive35D

Past:
    2003 325xi
    2001 740iL
    1993 740iL

My Cars
    With wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonatrbo View Post
    This is the lowest price I have found for the oem hardware that I believe to be the correct generation:
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=151352371112
    This is the 8.8" screen and CIC-HIGH, which is NBT according to the BMW literature.

Obviously this doesn't include wiring or the adapter that planetdude is offering. Not sure how badly the cables and minor pieces will nickel and dime you.
    It is a cic buddy.

My Cars
    03 325xi, 01 740iL
    It is a cic buddy.
    According to http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...hmentid=746636
    CIC-HIGH is NBT.
    Current:
    2009 xdrive35D

Past:
    2003 325xi
    2001 740iL
    1993 740iL

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jopecasa View Post
    This is my current Centrafuse carpc set-up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/791915...n/photostream/

Sorry for crappy phone pics.

@BMWPlanetdude

Would swapping the BMW 10.8 CID to 6.5 work? Resolution probably would suffer

I prefer to use the E39 frame to make it look OEM. Thoughts?

OK how much for car PC set up
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    With wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonatrbo View Post
    Nevermind the terminology from that BMW document, it is the internal name.
    A CIC is from up to 2012, NBT is after 2012.
    Ok this particular one is a CIC.

See picture below

NBT on left does not have a removable hard drive, CIC, has one.

Your ebay listing is 100% a CIC.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S

See picture below

Removable hard drive? Is it upgradeable?

-Paul

My Cars
    With wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight530i View Post
    Removable hard drive? Is it upgradeable?
    No, operating system has hard drive size hardcoded.
    Even if you put a 1TB drive it won't see more than 80GB, that is true on CIC, never tried on NBT, probably the same story.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    No, operating system has hard drive size hardcoded.
    Even if you put a 1TB drive it won't see more than 80GB, that is true on CIC, never tried on NBT, probably the same story.
    I guess you could always use a USB drive.

-Paul

My Cars
    With wheels
    F10 NBT's received in stock today
    This one is shipping next week to Mr MJ DOOM with all the wires. He is lucky this one has actually rear seat entertainment plug and input for TV tuner/Ext. video source

Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    03 325xi, 01 740iL

See picture below

This is the type of info I need. I want to be able to visually identify the correct parts, no matter how inaccurate the ebay ad is.

Thank you for explaining this further.
    Current:
    2009 xdrive35D

Past:
    2003 325xi
    2001 740iL
    1993 740iL

Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast