Page 103 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3537893949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2722

Thread: NBT/CIC/CCC retrofit in E39/E38/E53

My Cars
    01 E39 530i,05 E53 4.8IS
    Quote Originally Posted by garou81 View Post
    Delete the https:// part

Thanks!

That fixed it!
    01 E39 530i - SOLD !
    05 E53 4.8is

Pics of Bianca (E39) and Betsy (E53)

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by kahlilj View Post
    Thanks for the tip!

Shafro what's the cost for this e38 console? Also can you make one which keeps my ipod dock (Lumidock)?
    PM please.

I have to see how that thing is mounted and secured first.
    Last edited by JimLev; 07-23-2020 at 07:59 AM. Reason: No selling on this forum
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    F30 2016
    Is there anything like this https://thecarplayer.com/blogs/news/...1b28c1fc&_ss=r for the E38?

Thanks!

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by kahlilj View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can email me info@speedhavenracing dotcom
    Last edited by JimLev; 07-23-2020 at 08:01 AM. Reason: No selling on this forum
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Hey guys, there isn’t any selling on this forum unless you are a supporting vendor, got it.
    You either use PM’s to communicate or these posts will get deleted......tomorrow.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...his-sub-forum!
    Last edited by JimLev; 07-23-2020 at 12:34 AM.

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    Hey guys, there isn’t any selling on this forum unless you are a supporting vendor, got it.
    You either use PM’s to communicate or these posts will get deleted......tomorrow.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...his-sub-forum!
    Sorry, cleaned up my recent posts.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    01 749iM/6 sporty
    working on someone else's car. I've got the NBT EVO connected but it turns on and stays on regardless of the key. The amp is apparently on also because it's warm. I can't talk to the DSP with NCS either so I guess I need to put the old hardware back in or use another car. I can't find much info on this EVO version or at least all the pics look different.
    Trevor
    01 749i sporty, build 12/00 "Sports Barge",S62
    92 VW Corrado VR6,AAA
    81 Delorean,B28F
    81 VW Rabbit Pickup 1.8T,AWW
    03 VW Passat wagon 4.0 W8 6spd

My Cars
    1997 BMW 323i Coupe
    Hey everyone. I own an e39 saloon which didnt come with a satnav. And i also have a e93 with a CIC full system still in the car. Could anyone shine some light on how to retrofit the CIC into my e39. Which emulator would i need to purchase or if i have to do it myself thats fine. Ive got inpa, ncsexpert, ista+, ista p with icom and enet, esys, pa soft if that helps any of the steps involved down the road.
    Ive been browsing the forums for days now and even learned russian to browse their forums too 😆
    Thanks
    Dan

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i
    Haven't been posting but know I never gave up.
    It Took longer than i anticipated but I got everything working on the bench, Including the touch controller. I don't have the touch ECU so no touch for now but regular functions work fine. I also managed to grab the e39 ibus codes for ignition and LCM so now it'll be a matter of tying both together using the raspberry pi. I'm planning on getting 100% functionality on this then I'll try the Evo then maybe the MGU. I heard iDrive 7 uses the same Canbus signals so it should hopefully work for that too but judging from the added complexity of the Evo I'm assuming it'll need a lot of parts to be 100% functional but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by twnc View Post
    Hey everyone. I own an e39 saloon which didnt come with a satnav. And i also have a e93 with a CIC full system still in the car. Could anyone shine some light on how to retrofit the CIC into my e39. Which emulator would i need to purchase or if i have to do it myself thats fine. Ive got inpa, ncsexpert, ista+, ista p with icom and enet, esys, pa soft if that helps any of the steps involved down the road.
    Ive been browsing the forums for days now and even learned russian to browse their forums too
    Thanks
    Dan
    Don't know of any emulators for CIC. Is there any reason why you're choosing CIC over NBT? If I'm successful with the raspberry pi then everyone should be able to get everything running for under $300.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakeem530i View Post
    Haven't been posting but know I never gave up.
    It Took longer than i anticipated but I got everything working on the bench, Including the touch controller. I don't have the touch ECU so no touch for now but regular functions work fine. I also managed to grab the e39 ibus codes for ignition and LCM so now it'll be a matter of tying both together using the raspberry pi. I'm planning on getting 100% functionality on this then I'll try the Evo then maybe the MGU. I heard iDrive 7 uses the same Canbus signals so it should hopefully work for that too but judging from the added complexity of the Evo I'm assuming it'll need a lot of parts to be 100% functional but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
    I am totally following your progress on this and congrats on what you have so far. I am very interested in you figuring this out to hopefully get something that is more customizable as things come out or for modifying based on how we want buttons and actions to perform. Getting Carsystems to fix issues that I've had from the very beginning is quite a let down. They don't really spend much effort on the e39 platform, so getting them to force the NBT to be a fixed output and disregard the steering wheel volume controls on DSP cars or even just sending the proper ibus commands to keep the DSP amp awake when equipped are things that should have been fixed early on. Or how about the fact that at 8 minutes after every hour, the clock doesn't update on the cluster until 10 mins after. Or how sometimes the clock says AM on the cluster when it's PM.

Would love to have a better option.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    From what I read, MGU has to have an online link at all times. It has to communicate with other modules in the car and talk to BMW's servers. If there's a break or a VIN mismatch, the head unit gets bricked or locked. It's one of the reasons people say MGU retrofit won't happen, but someone usually finds a way.
    Last edited by theshafro; 08-11-2020 at 04:20 AM.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i
    Have some really great news....the NBT is now working using the raspberry pi. I'm using the same setup that was posted a while back but could never get his code to work so I had to write my own. This means I could connect both iBus(e39) and Canbus (NBT) to the Raspberry pi, code and test wirelessly with my current setup. I already have our ibus codes and nbt canbus code for ignition so after installing, the NBT should switch on as soon as the key is inserted in the slot and switched off when removed (Think I can change it to accessory too).I'm still waiting for my bluetooth and gps antenna so I could install it in my car and test further. As far as the install goes, I plan on installing the f15 screen on the e39 dash and 3d printing mounts to get a stock finish. Great thing about 3d printing is if I mess up then I can make something to cover it up. I'm really not looking forward to running all those wires from the trunk.

After this.... and I know it might sound stupid, but I also wanted to toss the e39 IHKA and install one from a newer BMW with a knob, so I wont have to hit the up or down arrows 100 times to get to heat or AC. Thinking I'd put it in the stock radio position for easier access.

Also, Kinda off topic but does any of the newer BMW steering wheels bolt up? Like this one..
    7055775229_f9c06d6792_b.jpg
    If so, I should be able to get the steering buttons to work... and maybe we could have decent looking heated steering wheels for our cars. Since I have the CAN wake up signals for the F series, all I'd have to do is connect it up, sniff the codes for each button press and send it to the iBUS(stock radio cars) or CANBUS (NBT) to emulate button press but these will be a while after. The same goes for pretty much anything from any F series car...

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Have some really great news....the NBT is now working using the raspberry pi. I'm using the same setup that was posted a while back but could never get his code to work so I had to write my own. This means I could connect both iBus(e39) and Canbus (NBT) to the Raspberry pi, code and test wirelessly with my current setup. I already have our ibus codes and nbt canbus code for ignition so after installing, the NBT should switch on as soon as the key is inserted in the slot and switched off when removed (Think I can change it to accessory too).I'm still waiting for my bluetooth and gps antenna so I could install it in my car and test further. As far as the install goes, I plan on installing the f15 screen on the e39 dash and 3d printing mounts to get a stock finish. Great thing about 3d printing is if I mess up then I can make something to cover it up. I'm really not looking forward to running all those wires from the trunk.

After this.... and I know it might sound stupid, but I also wanted to toss the e39 IHKA and install one from a newer BMW with a knob, so I wont have to hit the up or down arrows 100 times to get to heat or AC. Thinking I'd put it in the stock radio position for easier access.

Also, Kinda off topic but does any of the newer BMW steering wheels bolt up? Like this one..
    7055775229_f9c06d6792_b.jpg
    If so, I should be able to get the steering buttons to work... and maybe we could have decent looking heated steering wheels for our cars. Since I have the CAN wake up signals for the F series, all I'd have to do is connect it up, sniff the codes for each button press and send it to the iBUS(stock radio cars) or CANBUS (NBT) to emulate button press but these will be a while after. The same goes for pretty much anything from any F series car...
    This is great news! So with the rasberry pi setup, this would cancel out the need for the expensive iBUS emulator everyone is currently required to use for the NBT retrofit? I have all the NBT hardware so if I can get the install kit for $300, I would finally move forward with this retrofit in my E53 X5...
    Last edited by purplecty; 08-15-2020 at 08:07 PM.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecty View Post
    This is great news! So with the rasberry pi setup, this would cancel out the need for the expensive iBUS emulator everyone is currently required to use for the NBT retrofit? I have all the NBT hardware so if I can get the install kit for $300, I would finally move forward with this retrofit in my E53 X5...
    Correct. I've gotten everything except the tire pressure etc, date etc working since I have no CAN signals for those. I could get it fully functional if I get a hold of one of the eNBT or carsystem units, sniff and copy the codes they send but I refuse to pay so much for their units when they offer no support. I'll see how far I can get.

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    I already have our ibus codes and nbt canbus code for ignition so after installing, the NBT should switch on as soon as the key is inserted in the slot and switched off when removed (Think I can change it to accessory too).

Also, Kinda off topic but does any of the newer BMW steering wheels bolt up?
    Have it power on with ACC for sure.

Which IHKA panel would fit? All of the new ones seem way too wide.

I know someone running a LCI Fxx steering wheel, but he said the splines have to get machined. I'm not sure if the airbag is still functional (should be).

20786110_1546897695374670_7119212815078237669_o.jpg

Correct. I've gotten everything except the tire pressure etc, date etc working since I have no CAN signals for those. I could get it fully functional if I get a hold of one of the eNBT or carsystem units, sniff and copy the codes they send but I refuse to pay so much for their units when they offer no support. I'll see how far I can get.
    Email me, I can send you one to play with.
    info @ speedhavenracing .com
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by theshafro View Post
    Have it power on with ACC for sure.

Which IHKA panel would fit? All of the new ones seem way too wide.

I know someone running a LCI Fxx steering wheel, but he said the splines have to get machined. I'm not sure if the airbag is still functional (should be).

20786110_1546897695374670_7119212815078237669_o.jpg

Email me, I can send you one to play with.
    info @ speedhavenracing .com
    The e60 IHKA almost fits and the e90 ihka looks a bit smaller so I'm hoping it might fit. I think the e90 steering should bolt on, though I may have to modify it a bit.

Just sent you an email.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 328Ci
    Wow, 3:30am on a weekday, this thread has made me busy. Me and my buddy are researching an F series engine swap and got stuck at the oil level sensor. Naturally that's led me here and although I'm sad to see some big names disappear over the pages, looks like some really sharp minds are really active here and I hope to eventually offer something of value here. The leaps made with the pi interface seem massive, can't wait to see how that develops here.

Please forgive me as I'm coming up to speed super fast here, but why is the F15 display so desired? I'm looking to do something in the E46 and understand I need the 8.8" display. I plan on concealing the iDrive controller and therefore am wondering why I can't use say, the 8.8" F30 LCI display so that I can be predominately touch? Or is there another NBT EVO display for iDrive 6 that has touch in 8.8" size that works better?

edit: like the x1?

My Cars
    530i - E39, X5 - E53

Hi shafro, have you managed to finish any pannel for e53 x5?

I`m thinking to start a mod on my "money eater" and looking forward to get all the parts.

BR

IcsYzeT

My Cars
    E46 330 and m3
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight530i View Post
    I am totally following your progress on this and congrats on what you have so far. I am very interested in you figuring this out to hopefully get something that is more customizable as things come out or for modifying based on how we want buttons and actions to perform. Getting Carsystems to fix issues that I've had from the very beginning is quite a let down. They don't really spend much effort on the e39 platform, so getting them to force the NBT to be a fixed output and disregard the steering wheel volume controls on DSP cars or even just sending the proper ibus commands to keep the DSP amp awake when equipped are things that should have been fixed early on. Or how about the fact that at 8 minutes after every hour, the clock doesn't update on the cluster until 10 mins after. Or how sometimes the clock says AM on the cluster when it's PM.

Would love to have a better option.

Hi,
    I am interested in knowing what kind of issues you are having? I had nothing but problems with the bimmerretrofit kit. Time would never work at all (be frozen at 0:00 or stuck at what time i set it to) , would not communicate with the board computer so I would be unable to see consumption, distance to empty and so on. Nav would not track properly, go left when I go right, stop at a light and it would do 360's.
    What issues are you experiencing with the DSP? I am planning on installing a DSP for better audio output.
    Currently using the car systems unit and knock on wood everything is going ok. I've had my issues and have gotten positive helpful responses from them.

From what I read, MGU has to have an online link at all times. It has to communicate with other modules in the car and talk to BMW's servers. If there's a break or a VIN mismatch, the head unit gets bricked or locked. It's one of the reasons people say MGU retrofit won't happen, but someone usually finds a way.
    From what I have been informed, the system is sending authentication packets throughout the car modules and the vins need to match. Apparently its not just the headunit but going throughout all modules.

The TPMS in the e46(in Canada it reads off the ABS sensor) is a terrible system. Basically the light comes on when it feels like. In the bimmer retrofit kit that I had, it would malfunction at least 1 time every drive. What some F30 owners with NBT's are doing is adding in an additional TPMS antenna and matching it up with the correct sensors for the wheels. It is a 4 wire system consisting of Power, ground and CAN H/L. Apparently it works right off the hop. Allows you to see temp and pressure. The car systems unit which I am using now, doesn't seem to work for TPMS on my car. Not really a big deal for me. I've been doing decently well with the car systems unit so far. They have been positively responsive with my issues that I've had.

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Quick question- I had this setup all up and running on my BMW based 2003 Range Rover v8 no problems.

I now have a 2008 Range Rover supercharged.

It runs the same ibus protocol but scaled back for the clock, steering sensor and pdc. It runs a completely different canbus system

Will I be able to make nbt work with this mish mash?

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech566 View Post
    Hi,
    I am interested in knowing what kind of issues you are having? I had nothing but problems with the bimmerretrofit kit. Time would never work at all (be frozen at 0:00 or stuck at what time i set it to) , would not communicate with the board computer so I would be unable to see consumption, distance to empty and so on. Nav would not track properly, go left when I go right, stop at a light and it would do 360's.
    What issues are you experiencing with the DSP? I am planning on installing a DSP for better audio output.
    Currently using the car systems unit and knock on wood everything is going ok. I've had my issues and have gotten positive helpful responses from them.

From what I have been informed, the system is sending authentication packets throughout the car modules and the vins need to match. Apparently its not just the headunit but going throughout all modules.

The TPMS in the e46(in Canada it reads off the ABS sensor) is a terrible system. Basically the light comes on when it feels like. In the bimmer retrofit kit that I had, it would malfunction at least 1 time every drive. What some F30 owners with NBT's are doing is adding in an additional TPMS antenna and matching it up with the correct sensors for the wheels. It is a 4 wire system consisting of Power, ground and CAN H/L. Apparently it works right off the hop. Allows you to see temp and pressure. The car systems unit which I am using now, doesn't seem to work for TPMS on my car. Not really a big deal for me. I've been doing decently well with the car systems unit so far. They have been positively responsive with my issues that I've had.
    From what I hear from numerous people, Carsystems is really not that great considering how much money it costs. Doesn't seem like they have a great interest in our cars. I'll take a look into how the F30 TPMS is wired, If its a 4 wire system it could probably be plug and play if wired to the CAN H/L on the back of the NBT.

Quote Originally Posted by pyro225 View Post
    Quick question- I had this setup all up and running on my BMW based 2003 Range Rover v8 no problems.

I now have a 2008 Range Rover supercharged.

It runs the same ibus protocol but scaled back for the clock, steering sensor and pdc. It runs a completely different canbus system

Will I be able to make nbt work with this mish mash?
    I know that it should work for E46,E39 and E53 but I'm not sure about the new Range Rover. 2008 is more recent so I'm doubting it'd work. Canbus in Newer cars are a lot easier to work with than the iBus (For me at least) though. Does it share any parts/modules with any BMW? If so, then it might use similar CAN signals.

Also, Not sure if I posted an update but the PI iBus/Can bridge is somewhat working. Good news is the code works for all NBTs. NBT, Evo id4 and Evo id6. I'll be installing the unit from a 2018 BMW G30 in my BMW, along with the G30 touch screen and put it on the dash. I found the Can bus codes for the e90 Climate control so I plan on installing it later on. I'm using the regular idrive controller. I noticed that if I coded the HU to G30 the controller doesn't work. I'm trying to get the USB and car play working so I can have a functional car after retrofitting it and work on the CAN signals.

I designed and 3d printed a holder for the iDrive controller to hold in the console. I'll posting a pic of it later. Not pretty but it'll work for now.
    Last edited by Hakeem530i; 09-06-2020 at 11:41 PM.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    From what I hear from numerous people, Carsystems is really not that great considering how much money it costs. Doesn't seem like they have a great interest in our cars. I'll take a look into how the F30 TPMS is wired, If its a 4 wire system it could probably be plug and play if wired to the CAN H/L on the back of the NBT.

I know that it should work for E46,E39 and E53 but I'm not sure about the new Range Rover. 2008 is more recent so I'm doubting it'd work. Canbus in Newer cars are a lot easier to work with than the iBus (For me at least) though. Does it share any parts/modules with any BMW? If so, then it might use similar CAN signals.

Also, Not sure if I posted an update but the PI iBus/Can bridge is somewhat working. Good news is the code works for all NBTs. NBT, Evo id4 and Evo id6. I'll be installing the unit from a 2018 BMW G30 in my BMW, along with the G30 touch screen and put it on the dash. I found the Can bus codes for the e90 Climate control so I plan on installing it later on. I'm using the regular idrive controller. I noticed that if I coded the HU to G30 the controller doesn't work. I'm trying to get the USB and car play working so I can have a functional car after retrofitting it and work on the CAN signals.

I designed and 3d printed a holder for the iDrive controller to hold in the console. I'll posting a pic of it later. Not pretty but it'll work for now.
    I believe there is a coding change for the newer controller vs the older one. You should be able to code a newer NBT to the older controller, i believe.

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight530i View Post
    I believe there is a coding change for the newer controller vs the older one. You should be able to code a newer NBT to the older controller, i believe.

I ended up getting it to work after VO coding to F15. Still have no luck getting it to recognize the USB though. Plugged my phone in and it doesn't charge or anything. Checked all my FDL settings and they look correct, not sure if I forgot a VO option or something else.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i
    Got USB working now. I had to flip the connector. Is there anyway to increase the volume of the nbt without the faceplate? Also, anyone ever get a"No warning tones" error on booting the nbt?
    Last edited by Hakeem530i; 09-10-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Page 103 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3537893949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 LastLast