Page 91 of 109 FirstFirst ... 416681828384858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2722

Thread: NBT/CIC/CCC retrofit in E39/E38/E53

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    What do you guys think would be the best aftermarket or OEM (from a newer chassis) amp to use? I've never changed my DSP, never really felt the need to, but I'll eventually do a complete sound overhaul and was curious.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    2001 540i
    Ive been looking at the helix psix with a 3 way front stage
    +small footprint
    +low heat
    +integrated 8 channel dsp

My Cars
    E30 Turbo, E39 530d Tour
    Quote Originally Posted by theshafro View Post
    What do you guys think would be the best aftermarket or OEM (from a newer chassis) amp to use? I've never changed my DSP, never really felt the need to, but I'll eventually do a complete sound overhaul and was curious.
    Some swear by the Audison range. The bit ten / bit one / bit prima are absolutely top notch.

My Cars
    06 520dA
    Quote Originally Posted by theshafro View Post
    Personally I love the extra echo DSP adds to songs, it makes me feel as if I'm listening to it live. The E6x or Fxx amps don't have this functionality (just the "concert" option which is nowhere close to the proper DSP sound effect) - so I'd stick with the OEM amp if this was important to me.

If that's not important then the E6x Logic 7 amp works with the NBT (Adrian said as long as it's updated to the latest firmware, I haven't checked to see if it works on older firmware), or from an Fxx car I'd get the high end audio amp. I've heard Logic 7 (Harman Kardon) in an Fxx car, and am convinced the amp is a lot weaker than the E6x Logic 7 amp, probably because they want people to upgrade to the B&O or Bowers and Wilkins sound systems...

Of course the Fxx amps should work directly with the NBT no problem. I've heard the EVO has an eco problem when on the phone, an Fxx amp may help solve this problem - I don't know for sure though

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Shafro after the hassle I had with the br adapter and dsp I repinned my harness for the stock Lear amp as the speakers are all the same except the door bass speakers and it sounds just as good if not better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Thanks for the replies. Some good info to keep in mind. I agree that I always felt the DSP amp was fine. And is pretty good with my M-Audio subwoofers. But...it just doesn't feel baller enough lol
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    '98 E38 740IL, '01 740i
    Curious question, but i see PDC and tire pressure monitoring as retro to the NBT system on the newer cars, but seeing as i've already done them on my '98 do they interact at all the the newer system? I have a NBT,screen,controller from a '13 M5 if that matters.
    TRPCHGE - '01 740i Black/Black 230k'ish - Power folding mirrors, Mk.IV Nav, 16:9, M-pars, Sport seats, Sport wheel, Steptronic, Euro rear fog switch, 2.50" X-Pipe, Shadowline, E53 4.6is Cluster, Lacewood interior, Chromeline, 3.15, Bilstein B6+H&R Stage II's. - SOLD 06/21

BSKCASE - '98 740il Arctic Silver/Black 175k'ish - Face-lifted, 3" Projectors, Shadowline, 01 Tails, Hydro Trunk, Sunshades, 750il Full interior retrofit, Sport Seats, Steptronic, Face-lift Steering Column, X5 Steering wheel, E53 4.6is Cluster, Euro E66 Piano black/Chrome Grab-handles, Chromeline, Suede Pillars/Headliner, Auto wipers/Lights, Lighted Handles interior/Exterior, Dual battery retrofit.

WIP: Custom Style 42 18x9.5" ET12, 18x10.5" ET8, 3.15 LSD Rear diff.

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    PDC and TPMS work with NBT
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    '98 E38 740IL, '01 740i
    Awesome thanks, my nbt and my screen should be in soon, and then the fun begins
    TRPCHGE - '01 740i Black/Black 230k'ish - Power folding mirrors, Mk.IV Nav, 16:9, M-pars, Sport seats, Sport wheel, Steptronic, Euro rear fog switch, 2.50" X-Pipe, Shadowline, E53 4.6is Cluster, Lacewood interior, Chromeline, 3.15, Bilstein B6+H&R Stage II's. - SOLD 06/21

BSKCASE - '98 740il Arctic Silver/Black 175k'ish - Face-lifted, 3" Projectors, Shadowline, 01 Tails, Hydro Trunk, Sunshades, 750il Full interior retrofit, Sport Seats, Steptronic, Face-lift Steering Column, X5 Steering wheel, E53 4.6is Cluster, Euro E66 Piano black/Chrome Grab-handles, Chromeline, Suede Pillars/Headliner, Auto wipers/Lights, Lighted Handles interior/Exterior, Dual battery retrofit.

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabreslight View Post
    Awesome thanks, my nbt and my screen should be in soon, and then the fun begins
    What about the harness and coding? You have that too or what’s your plan? I have the hardware as well but have not connected nor installed yet.

"A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    '98 E38 740IL, '01 740i
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kahlilj View Post
    What about the harness and coding? You have that too or what’s your plan? I have the hardware as well but have not connected nor installed yet.

Hey i've sent you a PM regarding some of these issues. The harness i've got a lead on but as far as coding i'm not sure yet. i'm changing jobs atm so i'm trying to get a hard lead on this project before I can't spend tons on this.

My Cars
    04 E46 M3 JB/Kiwi
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabreslight View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Hey i've sent you a PM regarding some of these issues. The harness i've got a lead on but as far as coding i'm not sure yet. i'm changing jobs atm so i'm trying to get a hard lead on this project before I can't spend tons on this.
    Can you PM me on where to get a harness as i would like to start collecting parts to install the NBT in my E46 M3. Thank you.

EURO 04 M3
    Current Mods: GC DA's, Eibach ARB's, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Depo's, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Boot + CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, Z8 Starter Button, BBS CHs, Lamin-X, STORM SMG Paddles, RE RTABs/RCAs, OEM CSL Interior, OEM CSL Intake, M3 CSL HP DME, TTFS Tune, STOPTECH ST40's, FXR 3.0 Projectors, SS Stepped headers + Catless S Pipes + Res X-Pipe + Sport Muffler, OEM CSL Roof, OEM CSL Steering.

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaz3739 View Post
    Can you PM me on where to get a harness as i would like to start collecting parts to install the NBT in my E46 M3. Thank you.
    Theshafro has posted on here that he’s making them. Contact him for pricing.

"A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    04 E46 M3 JB/Kiwi
    Quote Originally Posted by kahlilj View Post
    Theshafro has posted on here that he’s making them. Contact him for pricing.

Thats excellent. Thanks. But i thought he was only making them for E38's? I'll PM him.

EURO 04 M3
    Current Mods: GC DA's, Eibach ARB's, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Depo's, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Boot + CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, Z8 Starter Button, BBS CHs, Lamin-X, STORM SMG Paddles, RE RTABs/RCAs, OEM CSL Interior, OEM CSL Intake, M3 CSL HP DME, TTFS Tune, STOPTECH ST40's, FXR 3.0 Projectors, SS Stepped headers + Catless S Pipes + Res X-Pipe + Sport Muffler, OEM CSL Roof, OEM CSL Steering.

My Cars
    2000 540i6, 2008 535xiT
    Hi all, longtime lurker but, never posted in here.

A friend and I will be installing an HW07 that I just picked up off of eBay. Going in a 2000 E39 w/DSP. That being said, instead of purchasing the emulator from BR or whomever, We'll will be using a Pi to bridge between canbus and ibus.

For reference, said friends 2002 M5 had DSP, MAudio, Factory Nav, etc. Gutted the factory Mark4-EDIT: Markiii, installed his own display, it's all run off of the Pi(Kodi as the MMI), and controlled by an iDrive controller. The Pi keeps the DSP amp awake, emulates the RAD module, etc. There's nothing left in the trunk but the DSP amp.

Everything will be entirely one off, with the exception of hard parts like the controller, HU, F15 display, display cable, and connectors/antennas/misc bits. Been using a Pi to interface with Canbus and iBus for quite some time in 3 different E39's, so it's tried and true. Now just going to adapt it to work with NBT. I'll be using an F30 335i w/ NBT that I have access to, in order to get a dump of CAN data/commands that we'll need for NBT.

If you guys are interested in seeing some of the work/projects we've done so far, I can post an IG link. That being said, I'll keep this thread updated with progress on the NBT Install, if you guys want more info on what we've been able to do with the Pi's so far, we'll start a seperate thread.
    Last edited by BMWCACincinnati; 02-22-2018 at 04:06 PM.

My Cars
    E30 Turbo, E39 530d Tour
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCACincinnati View Post

A friend and I will be installing an HW07 that I just picked up off of eBay. Going in a 2000 E39 w/DSP. That being said, instead of purchasing the emulator from BR or whomever, We'll will be using a Pi to bridge between canbus and ibus.

For reference, said friends 2002 M5 had DSP, MAudio, Factory Nav, etc. Gutted the factory Mark4, installed his own display, it's all run off of the Pi(Kodi as the MMI), and controlled by an iDrive controller. The Pi keeps the DSP amp awake, emulates the RAD module, etc. There's nothing left in the trunk but the DSP amp.

Everything will be entirely one off, with the exception of hard parts like the controller, HU, F15 display, display cable, and connectors/antennas/misc bits. Been using a Pi to interface with Canbus and iBus for quite some time in 3 different E39's, so it's tried and true. Now just going to adapt it to work with NBT. I'll be using an F30 335i w/ NBT that I have access to, in order to get a dump of CAN data/commands that we'll need for NBT.

If you guys are interested in seeing some of the work/projects we've done so far, I can post an IG link. That being said, I'll keep this thread updated with progress on the NBT Install, if you guys want more info on what we've been able to do with the Pi's so far, we'll start a seperate thread.
    This sounds interesting. Would love the IG link.

My Cars
    2000 540i6, 2008 535xiT
    Deleted
    Last edited by BMWCACincinnati; 02-23-2018 at 10:02 PM.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S

For reference, said friends 2002 M5 had DSP, MAudio, Factory Nav, etc. Gutted the factory Mark4-EDIT: Markiii, installed his own display, it's all run off of the Pi(Kodi as the MMI), and controlled by an iDrive controller. The Pi keeps the DSP amp awake, emulates the RAD module, etc. There's nothing left in the trunk but the DSP amp.

I'm interested to see how his Pi bridge ends up working with the NBT. Would be really nice to have a bit more compatibility with the E39 as I still get some weird glitches every once in a while with my old Carsystems interfaces. Will there be a parts list and code available for it when finished, or are you thinking it's something you're going to develop into a product to be sold?

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    2000 540i6, 2008 535xiT
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight530i View Post
    I'm interested to see how his Pi bridge ends up working with the NBT. Would be really nice to have a bit more compatibility with the E39 as I still get some weird glitches every once in a while with my old Carsystems interfaces. Will there be a parts list and code available for it when finished, or are you thinking it's something you're going to develop into a product to be sold?
    I'm really looking forward to see how it goes with NBT. I'm confident that it will work, it's just going to be a situation where it's built from the ground up so it will definitely take some time. Originally we were going to attempt to use an NBT display, and the Pi to drive it(in his M5), but after months of searching we could NOT find a driver board that would properly drive the CID. The only one we found, it was incredibly expensive for the display, THEN you had to buy the license as well so it sortof defeated the purpose.

That being said, everything that's been done so far has been 100% open source, and shared via various platforms including google docs so I'm 99.9% sure it'll be published. Currently waiting on the 5m display cable. Found out last night too that the OEM Quadlock in his '02 M5 was the same as the NBT, the only differences were the MOST, and the fact that the NBT had Can, and the OEM connector had ibus. Same pins though.

Neat.

My Cars
    2000 540i6, 2008 535xiT
    Update, waiting on display cable, GPS/Bluetooth Antennas, and a MOST terminator. Removed the glass from my F15 display and verified it still powered on with no cracks. That adhesive is serious!

Garage Queen: Biarritz Blue 540i6
    Daily Driver: Burger Tuned Titan Silver 535xiT
    Sold: RHD Steel Blue E46 328i
    Sold: 2006 Black Sapphire M5

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Update, waiting on display cable, GPS/Bluetooth Antennas, and a MOST terminator. Removed the glass from my F15 display and verified it still powered on with no cracks. That adhesive is serious!
    Nice job on removing the glass on the display. That is not an easy task. I don't even bother anymore as it provides extra protection. The edges have a few chips, but once I get a bezel, they should be hidden.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    2000 540i6, 2008 535xiT
    Subway gift card and the most serious hair dryer I've ever come across to the rescue on that one. I didn't think about using it as is. Granted, the outer glass was already cracked so it was a bit of an eyesore.

My Cars
    01 740 S- 08 X5-95 325ic
    so will that be the nbt or nbt evo?

My Cars
    2000 540i6, 2008 535xiT
    Ladies and gentlemen, we have liftoff.
    I'll get a video uploaded shortly but here's a teaser. This is all done via the Pi.
    20180228_204843.jpg20180228_204843.jpg

My Cars
    2000 540i6, 2008 535xiT
    If you're directing that to me, this is just regular NBT. HW07. I don't have an EVO to test with.

Edit, as promised:

Plz ignore the end guys, he got excited.
    Last edited by BMWCACincinnati; 02-28-2018 at 10:46 PM.

Page 91 of 109 FirstFirst ... 416681828384858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast