Page 97 of 109 FirstFirst ... 477287888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2722

Thread: NBT/CIC/CCC retrofit in E39/E38/E53

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by kahlilj View Post
    Ok thanks what about the harness? Source for this?

Sent from my cheap Droid turbo using Tapatalk
    I make them
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by theshafro View Post
    I make them
    Kool. PM sent.

Sent from my cheap Droid turbo using Tapatalk
    "A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    04 325i
    I make them
    I’m looking to build the harness for my e46 however I don’t know the specifics of materials needed. Do you have a list or source for materials?

My Cars
    04 E46 M3 JB/Kiwi
    Quote Originally Posted by Profesorpanther View Post
    I’m looking to build the harness for my e46 however I don’t know the specifics of materials needed. Do you have a list or source for materials?
    I really wish someone would make a harness for the E46 and sell it as PnP.

EURO 04 M3
    Current Mods: GC DA's, Eibach ARB's, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Depo's, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Boot + CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, Z8 Starter Button, BBS CHs, Lamin-X, STORM SMG Paddles, RE RTABs/RCAs, OEM CSL Interior, OEM CSL Intake, M3 CSL HP DME, TTFS Tune, STOPTECH ST40's, FXR 3.0 Projectors, SS Stepped headers + Catless S Pipes + Res X-Pipe + Sport Muffler, OEM CSL Roof, OEM CSL Steering.

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaz3739 View Post
    I really wish someone would make a harness for the E46 and sell it as PnP.
    My harnesses are fully PNP except for 2 wires that need to be tapped behind the cluster.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    04 E46 M3 JB/Kiwi
    My harnesses are fully PNP except for 2 wires that need to be tapped behind the cluster.
    Thats great! And do you have a person who can do remote coding for it?

EURO 04 M3
    Current Mods: GC DA's, Eibach ARB's, INTRAVEE II + Alpine KCA-420i, Depo's, Screen protector for OEM 16:9 display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Boot + CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, Z8 Starter Button, BBS CHs, Lamin-X, STORM SMG Paddles, RE RTABs/RCAs, OEM CSL Interior, OEM CSL Intake, M3 CSL HP DME, TTFS Tune, STOPTECH ST40's, FXR 3.0 Projectors, SS Stepped headers + Catless S Pipes + Res X-Pipe + Sport Muffler, OEM CSL Roof, OEM CSL Steering.

My Cars
    04 325i
    Any update on the raspberry pi project?

My Cars
    1990 325is, 1998 740i
    Any update on the raspberry pi project?
    its pretty up to date on his github just takes a tid bit of know how to get node and a few other items running to get the software deployed

I have the software running in my e39 sans the nbt portion yet ( a few config switches and boom it can handle NBT)

RN I have it hacked up into my old nav housing with a 7inch lcd running kodi and using the NBT idrive knob to control the interface as well as the nav buttons and steering wheel buttons until i collect the rest of the nbt parts
    I like to pretend I know stuff

My Cars
    04 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by zarboz View Post
    its pretty up to date on his github just takes a tid bit of know how to get node and a few other items running to get the software deployed

I have the software running in my e39 sans the nbt portion yet ( a few config switches and boom it can handle NBT)

RN I have it hacked up into my old nav housing with a 7inch lcd running kodi and using the NBT idrive knob to control the interface as well as the nav buttons and steering wheel buttons until i collect the rest of the nbt parts
    I was able to get node installed and get the client and interface on to the pi, however i um unsure on hot to configure it to run. Would you be able to assist me? I'm trying to get it up and going for my e46.

My Cars
    1990 325is, 1998 740i
    I was able to get node installed and get the client and interface on to the pi, however i um unsure on hot to configure it to run. Would you be able to assist me? I'm trying to get it up and going for my e46.
    Check DM sir

My Cars
    E46 330 ESS Touring
    could you please share a link to your github project?
    E46 M54B30 MT Touring = ESS TwinScrew + SS Headers + S38 Flywheel&Clutch + MFactory LSD 3.07 + Koni Sport + Eibach Pro + ///M3-Look
    =============================
    imBMW.net = BMW + iBus + .NET MF + .NET PCL & UWP + Bluetooth + Arduino + STM32 + music + handsfree + DIY + DBus DS2 DME Logging + etc...

My Cars
    1990 325is, 1998 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by MadToha View Post
    could you please share a link to your github project?

https://github.com/kmalinich is the github that the previous poster is using software from as well as myself

tread lightly and don't expect a ton of Readme files or up to date information I would consider this a "under development" item with little support from the developer directly (hes a busy guy writing code so i dont bug him for howto's even though he's been very responsive in my first setup to give me tips to get it up and running)

I wrote a little extra documentation about the config files and deployment and shared that with Profesorpanther

lol we've chatted on instagram about your e60 seat retrofit in the x5 if you are the creator of imbmw
    Last edited by zarboz; 08-05-2019 at 10:20 PM.

My Cars
    E46 330 ESS Touring
    what that pi board do? integrates nbt via can bus into ibus-powered bmw?

yep, I'm the author of imBMW
    E46 M54B30 MT Touring = ESS TwinScrew + SS Headers + S38 Flywheel&Clutch + MFactory LSD 3.07 + Koni Sport + Eibach Pro + ///M3-Look
    imBMW.net = BMW + iBus + .NET MF + .NET PCL & UWP + Bluetooth + Arduino + STM32 + music + handsfree + DIY + DBus DS2 DME Logging + etc...

My Cars
    1990 325is, 1998 740i
    what that pi board do? integrates nbt via can bus into ibus-powered bmw?

yep, I'm the author of imBMW

The way I understand it is that the Pi is the intermediary between the NBT and the iBus it also allows input of the idrive knob over canbus

from talking with the author of the software he uses the pican duo board in order to have can in from car and CAN out to NBT

My Cars
    E46 330 ESS Touring
    What "can in from the car"? It's e39, there are no any multimedia can buses there, only ibus.

My Cars
    1990 325is, 1998 740i
    What "can in from the car"? It's e39, there are no any multimedia can buses there, only ibus.

There is Can H and Can L behind gauge cluster that is tapped for wheel speed sensor information passed to cluster

otherwise the NBT is on its OWN canbus network with the pi acting as the intermediary

I dont have the NBT unit yet so I cannot comment on functionality of iBus > NBT information passing etc
    Last edited by zarboz; 08-07-2019 at 08:10 PM.

My Cars
    E46 330 ESS Touring
    Actually there are no any interesting messages for NBT in IKE CAN, speed could be retrieved from iBus. So 1 CAN channel is enough.

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Small teaser for the E39 guys.

I finally made a final version for my bezel out of ABS plastic. Fit and finish are excellent (production will be a bit darker w/ clear coat). This design is a magnet-fit and works on both F10 and F15 versions of the monitor, so it'll be your choice on which to run.

Also, I should be getting my prototype console piece later this week for test fitment. I also have some E38 prototypes to test fit, just need to find a local E38 to try them on.

https://youtu.be/7FeeOdWtj1U
    https://youtu.be/IPvB3k_PVEI

IMG_1431.jpgIMG_1432.jpg
    Last edited by theshafro; 09-16-2019 at 12:32 AM.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    04 E46 M3 JB/Kiwi

I finally made a final version for my bezel out of ABS plastic. Fit and finish are excellent (production will be a bit darker w/ clear coat). This design is a magnet-fit and works on both F10 and F15 versions of the monitor, so it'll be your choice on which to run.

Also, I should be getting my prototype console piece later this week for test fitment. I also have some E38 prototypes to test fit, just need to find a local E38 to try them on.

IMG_1431.jpgIMG_1432.jpg
    That looks great!

EURO 04 M3

My Cars
    '98 E38 740IL, '01 740i

IMG_1431.jpgIMG_1432.jpg
    Damn that looks stellar, can't wait to see the e38 prototypes.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    TRPCHGE - '01 740i Black/Black 230k'ish - Power folding mirrors, Mk.IV Nav, 16:9, M-pars, Sport seats, Sport wheel, Steptronic, Euro rear fog switch, 2.50" X-Pipe, Shadowline, E53 4.6is Cluster, Lacewood interior, Chromeline, 3.15, Bilstein B6+H&R Stage II's. - SOLD 06/21

BSKCASE - '98 740il Arctic Silver/Black 175k'ish - Face-lifted, 3" Projectors, Shadowline, 01 Tails, Hydro Trunk, Sunshades, 750il Full interior retrofit, Sport Seats, Steptronic, Face-lift Steering Column, X5 Steering wheel, E53 4.6is Cluster, Euro E66 Piano black/Chrome Grab-handles, Chromeline, Suede Pillars/Headliner, Auto wipers/Lights, Lighted Handles interior/Exterior, Dual battery retrofit.

WIP: Custom Style 42 18x9.5" ET12, 18x10.5" ET8, 3.15 LSD Rear diff.

My Cars
    2001 540i

IMG_1431.jpgIMG_1432.jpg
    NICE!!!
    Will the mounting solution be included with the bezel?

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by garou81 View Post
    NICE!!!
    Will the mounting solution be included with the bezel?
    Yeah, all one kit.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi theshafro,

The bezel piece does look very good! did you create a tool and injection mould the pieces? The centre console piece you are making out of metal (aluminium?)correct? what's the price level for the kit of the two pieces please?

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisCooper View Post
    Hi theshafro,

The bezel piece does look very good! did you create a tool and injection mould the pieces? The centre console piece you are making out of metal (aluminium?)correct? what's the price level for the kit of the two pieces please?

Cheers, Dennis!
    Why are you asking? You've tried to dissuade people from doing this retrofit and to buy your bezel with an Alpine unit instead. So not sure what my answers will do for you.
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Why are you asking? You've tried to dissuade people from doing this retrofit and to buy your bezel with an Alpine unit instead. So not sure what my answers will do for you.
    Hi Theshafro,

Very simple really, there are owners who want the NBT retrofit, every so often I get asked about all potential options and as you know, there's a number of them including this one. You're the only enthusiast who's designed and created high quality finishing pieces so when I get PM's and talks at car shows/events, I can point to this thread and give an indication of cost levels. I guess I could have mentioned this aspect in my question above, but it was 1:30 AM and I'd not been long in after contract work went on later than expected - apologies.

Cheers, Dennis!

Page 97 of 109 FirstFirst ... 477287888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast