Page 94 of 109 FirstFirst ... 446984858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2722

Thread: NBT/CIC/CCC retrofit in E39/E38/E53

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Thanks for bearing with me.

The monitor cable must've had some lint in it or wasn't seated well? I unplugged everything and blew on it, cussed at it, and put it back together. Now the screen works with the idrive.

1) iDrive controller doesn't seem to illuminate with the headlights on, further investigation required.
    2) Still can't connect to it via esys.

I no longer get the port range error, just a general connection error. I formatted my laptop and freshly installed esys per the instructions PMed to me by shawnsheridan on another forum. It's frustrating, but hopefully resolvable.

Once esys is connected is there a list of things that NEED to be changed?

I've found some piece-meal (eg here it says "Nbt needs the gateway_table set to 5.": link). I know there are lots of other *options* about chimes, ///M logos, screen res...but are there any other must-dos? If nobody has a list, I'll re-read all 93 pages and post them up.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    Thanks for bearing with me.

The monitor cable must've had some lint in it or wasn't seated well? I unplugged everything and blew on it, cussed at it, and put it back together. Now the screen works with the idrive.

1) iDrive controller doesn't seem to illuminate with the headlights on, further investigation required.
    2) Still can't connect to it via esys.

I no longer get the port range error, just a general connection error. I formatted my laptop and freshly installed esys per the instructions PMed to me by shawnsheridan on another forum. It's frustrating, but hopefully resolvable.

Once esys is connected is there a list of things that NEED to be changed?

I've found some piece-meal (eg here it says "Nbt needs the gateway_table set to 5.": link). I know there are lots of other *options* about chimes, ///M logos, screen res...but are there any other must-dos? If nobody has a list, I'll re-read all 93 pages and post them up.
    Glad to hear it was just the video cable and some lint.

Lighting on controller is tied to the ambient lighting sensor in the car, not the headlights. Check it again when it's dark outside.

I would say look into Esys Plus. It's a launcher for Esys that adds scripting to the coding options. If you get that working, I can provide you my script that I use, which makes it much easier to get it going. You can also just look at the script in notepad and apply the changes manually in regular Esys using launcher pro.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    BMW E63 M6, RR L322 4.4
    Hi all not coded for about 4 months went into esys launcher 2.5 and it kept trying to generate a token reinstalled same thing, Google’s it and it says 2.8 fixes it. Try to run 2.8 and every time I launch it it says I need to install .net but it’s already installed - any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by blackknight530i View Post
    Glad to hear it was just the video cable and some lint.

Lighting on controller is tied to the ambient lighting sensor in the car, not the headlights. Check it again when it's dark outside.

I would say look into Esys Plus. It's a launcher for Esys that adds scripting to the coding options. If you get that working, I can provide you my script that I use, which makes it much easier to get it going. You can also just look at the script in notepad and apply the changes manually in regular Esys using launcher pro.

Thanks, I'd love your script.

I did manage to get connected to the car...I think. I definitely get a connection error. I ended up on this thread (link) where neo_anderson said to proceed with coding even after the error. I was totally unprepared for this to actually work, but I hit "read ecu" on the first screen, got a tree with NBT_HU, and a bunch of files, and the one starting with CAFD had a green check next to it. I now need to actually learn about the coding portion (for both the NBT and my DSP).

I started ripping the interior apart to run the cables!

My Cars
    E39 M5
    As you can tell from my recent posts, I'm stuck on the coding portion of the install, so I just re-skimmed all 90+ pages of this for information about coding. Hopefully it saves some headache for anyone else.

The last link was referenced once, but is probably the most important.
    Here are links and summaries/quotes from pertinent posts:

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=963421

So I was playing around with HU_NBT codes and set (3000) M_VEHICLE to aktiv, and it gave me red Sport Display gauges (the hp/tq gauges in HU_NBT, not the KOMBI). Everything else stays the same (so far so good)...

Also, (3002) SOUND_SIGNAL_SET gives you a few different sets of gongs (bmw, mini, rolls_royce or bmw_i)

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...2#post28478262

Only one option for BT audio, reset by VO

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...2#post28612832

Maps update (complex)

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post28613131

Traffic option: 6AM

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...0#post28613150

Time issue

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...7#post28624287

Volume issue: code tophifi

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...3#post28624603

More volume issues:

Oh, to retain volume on startup code this

3002 VOL_MAX_ON default value is 19, max is 64, i set it to 40.

Desciption - Allows volume level to be retained up to 100% rather than startup on 25%.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...3#post28624803

more volume discussion

Set amp variant to external, audio variant to stereo, and VOL_MAX_ON to 64. This seems to work very well without touching the volume knob on the bordmonitor, though you can still increase the volume higher by using that. It won't retain that added volume though.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...3#post28624823

Amp variant: external
    Audio variant: TopHifi
    VOL_MAX_ON: Like 30.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...2#post28715292

I changed "EINHEITEN_MASTER" BACK TO "HMI". Saved ncd file. Clicked Code FDL and it didn't reboot.

I use kombi_l6 for that one. It's the one that allows the sport displays to work and all the other stuff does as well. Is this on the bench or in the ca

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...8#post28746848

Gyro_intern has to be set to nicht_aktiv on hw21+yeah

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2153382-NBT-CIC-CCC-retrofit-in-E39-E38-E53&p=29120200#post29120200

If the sound cuts off after 30 seconds or so, please note that your DSP amplifier will need to be recoded
    You will need to have the following tools available for coding: BMW Standard Tools 2.12 with NCSExpert, a Windows laptop, a WIFI connection close to your car for remote coding (If applies).
    The coding settings are as follow:
    1. Read the AMP module with NCSExpert in Manipulation mode
    2. Edit the module settings a find the value : BEDIENELEMENTE
    3. Change the value from "bordmonitor" to "mid_basis"
    4. Save the new configuration file
    5. Run SG_CODIEREN in NCSExpert

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2153382-NBT-CIC-CCC-retrofit-in-E39-E38-E53&p=29122670#post29122670

Sounds like the gateway_table is set wrong. I think it's supposed to be table 5

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2153382-NBT-CIC-CCC-retrofit-in-E39-E38-E53&p=29143035#post29143035

Stay connected during flashing

run cmd as an admin and issue "netsh interface ipv4 set global dhcpmediasense=disabled" and "netsh interface ipv6 set global dhcpmediasense=disabled" commands

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2153382-NBT-CIC-CCC-retrofit-in-E39-E38-E53&p=29288361#post29288361

Update bluetooth firmware on NBT (bmw website)

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2153382-NBT-CIC-CCC-retrofit-in-E39-E38-E53&p=29680168#post29680168

Coding issues resolution (FA missing)

https://carsystems.com.ua/uploads/pdf/EXX%20NBT%20Retrofit%20Adapter%20Brief%20Overview% 20and%20Schematic%20Diagrams%20edition%203.pdf

Table 6 for NBT parameters (unclear which are required...eg PDC ones for non-PDC cars) (THIS IS THE MONEY LINK)

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Anyone run into the "no warning tones" error upon startup?

IMG_20180325_161821806.jpg

Wondering if this is related to coding, or wiring. When I took apart the whole system (with some aftermarket bits wired in), there was a thin optical cable coming out of the DSP amp, into an aftermarket box (circled in red below..."mildly" phallic shape). It was not clear where that was SUPPOSED to go, so its currently not plugged in. Should it be attached somewhere?

IMG_20180311_143418603.jpg

My Cars
    01 740 S- 08 X5-95 325ic
    Anyone run into the "no warning tones" error upon startup?

IMG_20180325_161821806.jpg

Wondering if this is related to coding, or wiring. When I took apart the whole system (with some aftermarket bits wired in), there was a thin optical cable coming out of the DSP amp, into an aftermarket box (circled in red below..."mildly" phallic shape). It was not clear where that was SUPPOSED to go, so its currently not plugged in. Should it be attached somewhere?

IMG_20180311_143418603.jpg
    looks like a dsp converter for an ipod or something...could be wrong. not sure where the optical cable should go.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by lad740 View Post
    looks like a dsp converter for an ipod or something...could be wrong. not sure where the optical cable should go.
    Yeah I think it was an optical cable that went to the cd changer. This was subbed in as an ipod kit.

So I made some progress in coding, but need an FA.xml since connecting directly to the NBT you cant "load" it as all the guides suggest. The question is: does it have to be accurate, or can I use a donor (and change the VIN to be safe)? I got a donor 550 fa.xml from shawnsheridan, but wondering what everyone else is using.
    Last edited by Grinder34; 03-29-2018 at 08:40 AM.

My Cars
    01 740 S- 08 X5-95 325ic
    what system do you have nbt or evo?

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by lad740 View Post
    what system do you have nbt or evo?
    I have NBT HW31 right now. I also have another NBT HW21 on the way to try to narrow down the issue.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    New HW21 works great!

Except now I cannot connect to it via ESYS. Why must everything be so difficult? New one (HW21) is from an F30, while the original (HW31) is from an F10. I can connect to the original one no problem. I even tried changing my "key" or whatever so that ESYS premium would launch for an F030 instead. It'll still connect to the original NBT, but not my new one.

Edit: got word that the esys launcher options should have no effect.

So any ideas why I can't "Read ECU" for this NBT?
    Last edited by Grinder34; 04-01-2018 at 06:16 PM.

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    Guys, here's my current script that I use with Esys Plus 2.8. It works for both NBT and NBT EVO. Some settings for the EVO won't apply to NBT, so just ignore them if you don't have them in your head unit. The easiest way to apply all of these settings is to use Esys Plus 2.8 and load it into the script window on the FDL editor page, then run it after you've read out the current FDL data.

Code:
    ;IBUS Script NBT/NBT2

CID_APIX_MODE=apix1
    CID_COLOR_DEPTH=18
    CID_DISPLAY_RES=1280_480
    CID_DISPLAY_SIZE=10_25
    DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION=10.25_1280x480
    CID_COM_MODE=spi
    ADAS_GPS=nicht_aktiv
    TELEMATIC_ECU=nicht_aktiv

;Standard IBUS changes
    AUTOLIMITER=gen_1
    BASIS_KOMBI_MMI_LIST=aktiv
    CALMING_KOMBI=nicht_aktiv
    CAMERA_SYSTEM=trsvc
    CAN__ANSCHLUSS_HEADUNIT=hu_an_body_can
    CHECKBOX_TP=aktiv
    COMMUNICATION_PARKMASTER=gen2
    DAYDRIVING_LIGHT=standard
    EFF_DYN_SPORT_CID=aktiv
    EFF_DYN_SPORT_UNIT=aktiv
    KOMBI_CIC=kombi_low
    GATEWAYTABLE=table_5
    VOL_MAX_ON=Werte=64
    L4_L6_KOMMUNIKATIONSSCHALTER=L6_aktiv
    EXTERNER_MOST=aktiv
    EXTERNE_MOST_DIAG=aktiv
    GPS_FROM_NAVI=aktiv
    EINHEITEN_MASTER=kombi_l6_new
    PRODUKTLINIE=lg
    BAUREIHE=F10
    MICROPHONE_NUMBER=wert_1
    MICROPHONE_POSITION=wert_03
    MICROPHONE_SENSITIVITY=L4_mic
    STARTUP_EMBLEM=variant_01
    COMPASS=aktiv
    EDC_CIC=nicht_aktiv
    OELSTANDSMENUE=nicht_aktiv
    OELSTAND_OENS=nicht_aktiv
    MACRO_PMA_AUSPARKEN=nicht_aktiv
    MACRO_PMA_EINPARKEN=nicht_aktiv
    MACRO_RV_C=aktiv
    PDC_3D=nicht_aktiv
    PDC_DIRECTION=vertikal
    PDC_FLANKENSCHUTZ=nicht_aktiv
    PIA_PORTIERUNGSMASTER=aktiv
    SETTINGS_INFO_DISPLAY=nicht_aktiv
    SLI_NAVI_DISPLAY=aktiv
    SYSTEM_GPS_RECEIVER=aktiv
    ENT_MC_VIDEO_SUPPORT=aktiv
    ENT_GRACENOTE_INSTALLED=aktiv
    ENT_GRACENOTE_USB=aktiv
    TRAFFIC_CATEGORIES=aktiv
    AUTO_MAP_ZOOM=aktiv
    A4A_XL=aktiv
    HIGH_END_AUDIO_MENUE=kein_menue
    NAVI_ROAD_PREVIEW=aktiv
    TRAFFIC_MODE=aktiv
    MDRIVE=nicht_aktiv
    DSC_OFF=nicht_aktiv
    DSC_MENUE=nicht_aktiv
    A4A_VOICE_APP_SUPPORT=aktiv
    GOOGLE_LOCAL_VOICE_SEARCH=aktiv
    AUTO_PDC=aktiv
    TI_XFCD=nicht_aktiv
    TI_TMC=aktiv
    TI_CA_TMC=aktiv
    TI_TMC_REGIONAL=aktiv
    TI_FALLBACK_DISABLED=aktiv
    VOLUME_POPUP_DISPLAY=nicht_aktiv
    RDU_CONTROL=nicht_aktiv
    SVR=nicht_aktiv
    HEATING_CONTROL=nicht_aktiv
    VENTILATION_CONTROL=nicht_aktiv
    LIGHT_CONTROL=nicht_aktiv
    HORN_CONTROL=nicht_aktiv
    ASSIST_SVR_SHOW=nicht_aktiv
    GETRIEBETYP=automatik

;Amplifier HiFi
    AMPLIFIER_VARIANT=external
    AUDIO_SYSTEM=tophifi
    AUDIO_REMOTE_CONTROL=aktiv

;Video in motion
    SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN=Werte=FF
    SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX=Werte=FF

;Disclaimer display delay
    LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME=kein_ld

;USB Play Video
    API_USB_VIDEO=both
    ENT_CODEC_XVID=aktiv
    ENT_CODEC_VCD=aktiv

;Video without Handbrake
    VIDEO_HANDBRAKE=nicht_aktiv

;Play OGG format audio
    ENT_CODEC_OGG=aktiv

;Automatic Time Settings
    SETTINGS_TIME_AUTOMATIC=navigation
    CLOCK_CHANGE_AUTOMATIC=aktiv

;Apple Enhancements
    APPLE_ENHANCEMENTS=aktiv
    API_IPOD_VIDEO=both

;Office Messages Speedlock
    OFFICE_MESSAGES_SPEEDLOCK_CONDITION=none

;Video Speedlock Removal
    VIDEO_SPEEDLOCK_CONDITION=none

;M Laptimer
    M_LAPTIMER=aktiv

;Office
    MACRO_PIM=aktiv
    PIM_CROSS_USE=aktiv
    PIM_DRIVING_TEXT_LENGTH=whole_text
    CONTACTS_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    PIM_BILDER_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    CALENDAR_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    TASK_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    REMINDER_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    TEXT_NOTES_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    AUDIO_NOTES_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    SMS_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    EMAIL_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    I also include settings for turning off the volume popup, so if you want that enabled, just either change the value or delete it from the script. For NBT (non-EVO), you can pretty much ignore the first block of settings for the CID, or leave them, makes no difference really.

That ought to get everyone started on basic coding these things. Please note, I work a full-time day job and don't really have time to support people on NBT installs, but there are others in this thread that are willing and able to do so. If you have a basic question on these settings or have some settings you would like to add, please feel free to ask, but I encourage everyone to find out how to implement the coding themselves by looking at resources such as www.cartechnology.co.uk or Mhhauto.com and asking the people that are much more involved in doing retrofits than I am. Cartechnology.co.uk is a forum that has links to many of the different programs you will need to code these as well as resources that can help with wiring/flashing/updating/restoring bricked NBTs/etc.

Good luck guys! This was always supposed to be a DIY thread that involves doing your own research and coding, so I encourage you to become more familiar with it by researching. I know this thread is huge, but there is a lot of good information in here. Someone who has the time and has read through this whole thread and understands what's going on might do well to create a new condensed thread that could be dedicated to supporting people on NBT retrofits. I just don't have that time to do it.

-Paul
    2003 "M5" - Full M5 conversion, AMG C63S 6 piston front calipers, Porsche Panamera 4 piston rear calipers, GC Coilovers,
    Eibach ARBs, UUC Evo3/DSSR, Borla Exhaust w/Muffler Delete, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto, Bi-Xenons, e38 Style 37 M-Pars, e60 Hubs 530i 6-speed swap build thread
    2005 Range Rover 4.6is (M62TU Powered) - 4.6is Engine Swap from X5, BMW NBT with Carplay/Android Auto
    2006 Porsche Cayman S - Soul Performance Competition Headers and Exhaust, H&R Coilovers, 718 Boxster Spyder wheels, Rennline 35mm rear spacers

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Guys, here's my current script that I use with Esys Plus 2.8. It works for both NBT and NBT EVO. Some settings for the EVO won't apply to NBT, so just ignore them if you don't have them in your head unit. The easiest way to apply all of these settings is to use Esys Plus 2.8 and load it into the script window on the FDL editor page, then run it after you've read out the current FDL data.

Code:
    ;IBUS Script NBT/NBT2

CID_APIX_MODE=apix1
    CID_COLOR_DEPTH=18
    CID_DISPLAY_RES=1280_480
    CID_DISPLAY_SIZE=10_25
    DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION=10.25_1280x480
    CID_COM_MODE=spi
    ADAS_GPS=nicht_aktiv
    TELEMATIC_ECU=nicht_aktiv

;Standard IBUS changes
    AUTOLIMITER=gen_1
    BASIS_KOMBI_MMI_LIST=aktiv
    CALMING_KOMBI=nicht_aktiv
    CAMERA_SYSTEM=trsvc
    CAN__ANSCHLUSS_HEADUNIT=hu_an_body_can
    CHECKBOX_TP=aktiv
    COMMUNICATION_PARKMASTER=gen2
    DAYDRIVING_LIGHT=standard
    EFF_DYN_SPORT_CID=aktiv
    EFF_DYN_SPORT_UNIT=aktiv
    KOMBI_CIC=kombi_low
    GATEWAYTABLE=table_5
    VOL_MAX_ON=Werte=64
    L4_L6_KOMMUNIKATIONSSCHALTER=L6_aktiv
    EXTERNER_MOST=aktiv
    EXTERNE_MOST_DIAG=aktiv
    GPS_FROM_NAVI=aktiv
    EINHEITEN_MASTER=kombi_l6_new
    PRODUKTLINIE=lg
    BAUREIHE=F10
    MICROPHONE_NUMBER=wert_1
    MICROPHONE_POSITION=wert_03
    MICROPHONE_SENSITIVITY=L4_mic
    STARTUP_EMBLEM=variant_01
    COMPASS=aktiv
    EDC_CIC=nicht_aktiv
    OELSTANDSMENUE=nicht_aktiv
    OELSTAND_OENS=nicht_aktiv
    MACRO_PMA_AUSPARKEN=nicht_aktiv
    MACRO_PMA_EINPARKEN=nicht_aktiv
    MACRO_RV_C=aktiv
    PDC_3D=nicht_aktiv
    PDC_DIRECTION=vertikal
    PDC_FLANKENSCHUTZ=nicht_aktiv
    PIA_PORTIERUNGSMASTER=aktiv
    SETTINGS_INFO_DISPLAY=nicht_aktiv
    SLI_NAVI_DISPLAY=aktiv
    SYSTEM_GPS_RECEIVER=aktiv
    ENT_MC_VIDEO_SUPPORT=aktiv
    ENT_GRACENOTE_INSTALLED=aktiv
    ENT_GRACENOTE_USB=aktiv
    TRAFFIC_CATEGORIES=aktiv
    AUTO_MAP_ZOOM=aktiv
    A4A_XL=aktiv
    HIGH_END_AUDIO_MENUE=kein_menue
    NAVI_ROAD_PREVIEW=aktiv
    TRAFFIC_MODE=aktiv
    MDRIVE=nicht_aktiv
    DSC_OFF=nicht_aktiv
    DSC_MENUE=nicht_aktiv
    A4A_VOICE_APP_SUPPORT=aktiv
    GOOGLE_LOCAL_VOICE_SEARCH=aktiv
    AUTO_PDC=aktiv
    TI_XFCD=nicht_aktiv
    TI_TMC=aktiv
    TI_CA_TMC=aktiv
    TI_TMC_REGIONAL=aktiv
    TI_FALLBACK_DISABLED=aktiv
    VOLUME_POPUP_DISPLAY=nicht_aktiv
    RDU_CONTROL=nicht_aktiv
    SVR=nicht_aktiv
    HEATING_CONTROL=nicht_aktiv
    VENTILATION_CONTROL=nicht_aktiv
    LIGHT_CONTROL=nicht_aktiv
    HORN_CONTROL=nicht_aktiv
    ASSIST_SVR_SHOW=nicht_aktiv
    GETRIEBETYP=automatik

;Amplifier HiFi
    AMPLIFIER_VARIANT=external
    AUDIO_SYSTEM=tophifi
    AUDIO_REMOTE_CONTROL=aktiv

;Video in motion
    SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN=Werte=FF
    SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX=Werte=FF

;Disclaimer display delay
    LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME=kein_ld

;USB Play Video
    API_USB_VIDEO=both
    ENT_CODEC_XVID=aktiv
    ENT_CODEC_VCD=aktiv

;Video without Handbrake
    VIDEO_HANDBRAKE=nicht_aktiv

;Play OGG format audio
    ENT_CODEC_OGG=aktiv

;Automatic Time Settings
    SETTINGS_TIME_AUTOMATIC=navigation
    CLOCK_CHANGE_AUTOMATIC=aktiv

;Apple Enhancements
    APPLE_ENHANCEMENTS=aktiv
    API_IPOD_VIDEO=both

;Office Messages Speedlock
    OFFICE_MESSAGES_SPEEDLOCK_CONDITION=none

;Video Speedlock Removal
    VIDEO_SPEEDLOCK_CONDITION=none

;M Laptimer
    M_LAPTIMER=aktiv

;Office
    MACRO_PIM=aktiv
    PIM_CROSS_USE=aktiv
    PIM_DRIVING_TEXT_LENGTH=whole_text
    CONTACTS_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    PIM_BILDER_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    CALENDAR_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    TASK_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    REMINDER_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    TEXT_NOTES_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    AUDIO_NOTES_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    SMS_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    EMAIL_EIN_AUS=aktiv
    I also include settings for turning off the volume popup, so if you want that enabled, just either change the value or delete it from the script. For NBT (non-EVO), you can pretty much ignore the first block of settings for the CID, or leave them, makes no difference really.

That ought to get everyone started on basic coding these things. Please note, I work a full-time day job and don't really have time to support people on NBT installs, but there are others in this thread that are willing and able to do so. If you have a basic question on these settings or have some settings you would like to add, please feel free to ask, but I encourage everyone to find out how to implement the coding themselves by looking at resources such as www.cartechnology.co.uk or Mhhauto.com and asking the people that are much more involved in doing retrofits than I am. Cartechnology.co.uk is a forum that has links to many of the different programs you will need to code these as well as resources that can help with wiring/flashing/updating/restoring bricked NBTs/etc.

Good luck guys! This was always supposed to be a DIY thread that involves doing your own research and coding, so I encourage you to become more familiar with it by researching. I know this thread is huge, but there is a lot of good information in here. Someone who has the time and has read through this whole thread and understands what's going on might do well to create a new condensed thread that could be dedicated to supporting people on NBT retrofits. I just don't have that time to do it.

Thanks Paul.

I actually took a stab at compiling some of the info into a google doc. After re-reading, a lot of the questions seemed to be about the "will this fit" (myself included), so right now the mini-document contains mostly that stuff.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

If anyone wants to contribute, send me a PM and I can add you as an editor to the above document.
    Last edited by Grinder34; 04-04-2018 at 01:10 PM.

My Cars
    2002 E39 M5
    Thanks Paul.

I actually took a stab at compiling some of the info into a google doc. After re-reading, a lot of the questions seemed to be about the "will this fit" (myself included), so right now the mini-document contains mostly that stuff.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

If anyone wants to contribute, send me a PM and I can add you as an editor to the above document.
    Can you enable commenting?
    '02 TiAg/Blk E39 ///M5
    '08
    JZB/FR E92 ///M3

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by theshafro View Post
    Can you enable commenting?
    Updated

My Cars
    '01 740iL#2,'02 CBR954RR
    Updated
    Just read your doc grinder, good stuff! Easy to read and follow along. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

My Cars
    BMW X5
    Hi I’m very interested in doing this mod I’m in the New York area can someone help me or guide me in the right direction I can drive to you depending on the state

My Cars
    E39 M5
    The NBT installation seems to be draining my battery, has anyone else had that problem? Perhaps the NBT not entering sleep mode correctly? Any ideas on problems/fixes?

I also got the first version of my idrive mount mocked up, now need to intsall it (and if it works, make it much prettier and wrap it):

IMG_20180416_110626688.jpg

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    The NBT installation seems to be draining my battery, has anyone else had that problem? Perhaps the NBT not entering sleep mode correctly? Any ideas on problems/fixes?

I also got the first version of my idrive mount mocked up, now need to intsall it (and if it works, make it much prettier and wrap it):

IMG_20180416_110626688.jpg
    Yes, I think I have the battery drain issue on both my e39s. Would love to find a fix. If I don't drive the car for a week, it's either hard to start or totally dead.

-Paul

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Yes, I think I have the battery drain issue on both my e39s. Would love to find a fix. If I don't drive the car for a week, it's either hard to start or totally dead.

This thread talks about pin 13 being the source of the drain:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=927194

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    This thread talks about pin 13 being the source of the drain:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=927194
    That seems to apply to the bimmer retrofit adapter and it looks like they released an updated firmware to resolve the issue. That thread also refers to an e60 with CAS, which e39s don't.

My pin 13 is being used to turn on my DSP amp in my wagon and not used in my M5. The wagon definitely does die more often though, so maybe it's the DSP amp not going fully to sleep.

-Paul

My Cars
    E39 M5
    So i'm bad at wiring diagrams, but it looks like pin 15 is the 12V to the NBT. Any possibility of getting power from a switched fuse in the trunk instead of the original radio plug? Do you think that would have a chance of fixing it?

My Cars
    03 M5/05 RR/06 Cayman S
    So i'm bad at wiring diagrams, but it looks like pin 15 is the 12V to the NBT. Any possibility of getting power from a switched fuse in the trunk instead of the original radio plug? Do you think that would have a chance of fixing it?
    It would forget pretty much all settings if you pulled the main power off a switched fuse every start. The NBT gets its power on signal from the adapter once it gets an ibus signal from the car.

-Paul

My Cars
    2000 540i6, 2008 535xiT
    Hey all!

I promise I haven't forgotten about you, nor has the project stalled. I just moved, still not quite settled in as all of my garage bits are still at the old place, had a 287k mile E60 530 taking residence in my garage for a couple of weeks due to a couple of terminal issues, and now Kmalinich's E39 M5 is in need of a clutch and starter. My 540 just got new valve cover gaskets, upper timing cover gaskets, and lower sump gasket. When it rains it pours.

All that aside though, it's in the car and nearly 100% functional. There's a lot of loose ends to wrap up, in both software and wiring but with warm weather on the way we'll have a busy summer but easily be able to get it wrapped up. I've driven the 540 to work a few times in the last couple of weeks and the bluetooth audio/navigation are working flawlessly. There was some issues with getting the timing for the DSP IBus Startup commands initially but those kinks were worked out. Startup/Shutdown are working great, and overall it's usable as it sits.

The bezel isn't....well it's obvious it was hastily handmade. Much better than a gaping hole though, so I'm okay with it for now.

I promise we're trying to get all this wrapped up as soon as possible so we can share what we have like all of you have over the years. If there's any specific questions you guys have, PM me or kmalinich and we'll get back to you as soon as humanly possible.

Garage Queen: Biarritz Blue 540i6
    Daily Driver: Burger Tuned Titan Silver 535xiT
    Sold: RHD Steel Blue E46 328i
    Sold: 2006 Black Sapphire M5

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Anyone had this GPS issue before? My googling didn't reveal much other than it should say something like "OK" or "Check Antenna"

IMG_20180417_130250614.jpg

Page 94 of 109 FirstFirst ... 446984858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast