Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: MKII 4:3 aux in mod

My Cars
    135i, R53 jcw, x5d, E39

MKII 4:3 aux in mod

anyone have a link for the howoto? aka tape deck mod on the MKII 4:3 radio ?

I'm finding instructions, but not in english. I did this mod before on a buisness cd and it worked great. I have no desire for the 16:9 display so if I can get this 4:3 to work it'll be fine for me
    The term badge whores is not allowed on bimmerforums, because badge whores don't like it

My Cars
    135i, R53 jcw, x5d, E39
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlah View Post
    anyone have a link for the howoto? aka tape deck mod on the MKII 4:3 radio ?

I'm finding instructions, but not in english. I did this mod before on a buisness cd and it worked great. I have no desire for the 16:9 display so if I can get this 4:3 to work it'll be fine for me
    Ok so intercepting the twisted pair outputs from the tape deck that go to the drunk DSP amp with a Pac DL10 line driver, works good but missing some low frequency and it's not as loud as the radio without cranking the ipod volume and that adds distortion. Could be polarity mixed up I did not have the wire polarity so I winged that.

It's also not quite loud enough, anyone wanna recommend a better line driver that'll work?
    The term badge whores is not allowed on bimmerforums, because badge whores don't like it

My Cars
    E39 530D
    Bump.
    Same issue. It works very good and clean. But volume is about 40% of max. If we compaire with fm/cd.
    Is there work around?

My Cars
    2000 BMW 740i
    I used a 3.5 aux wire tapped into the tape lines. Buy a $20 3.5 in/out signal amplifier from amazon to run between the splice and the headunit. They are powered by usb. I also broke open a cigarette usb plug, saughtered a power and ground wire to it, tapped in the 12v radio harness to power the signal amp. Everything fits behind the head unit. This is how i installed my xmsirius commander unit.