Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Attention 2003 540iT MSport Owners.... Trying to start a Registry!

My Cars
    F31 MSport
    2016 328ix | Wagon | M-Sport | Alpine White | Black | iND | 513M | AC Schnizter | MPerformance |
    2005 330CiC | Sparkling Graphite | Black | 6MT | ZHP
    2004///M3 | Individual Sterling Gray | Imola Red | 6MT | Eisenmann | Style 163M | SOLD
    2011 X5 35d | Black Sapphire | Nevada Brown Cinnamon | Sports Package |
    Totaled
    2009///M3
    | Interlagos Blue | Pallidum Silver | DINAN | MPerformance | DCT | SOLD
    2002///M3 | Steel Gray Metallic | Imola Red | 6MT | Convertible| SOLD
    2006 X5 4.8iS | LeMans Blue Metallic | Creme Beige | SOLD
    2006 ///M3 | Silver Gray | Black | Competition Package (ZCP) | 6MT | SOLD
    2000 ///M5 | Oxford Green Metallic II | Caramel Nappa Leather | BMW Individual Black Birch Trim | SOLD
    2003 X5 4.6iS | Black Saphhire Metallic | Black Sport | SOLD
    2006 X3 3.0i M-Sport | Silver Gray | Terracotta | SOLD

My Cars
    03 540i Msport Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by jdauria View Post
    i was literally just about to post that
    looks like
    GN92495 was very well cared for, and is Jet Black(668) on black
    dinan supercharged too

but 32 grand? umm
    Looking for an e39 Touring black carpet set, including the rear cargo cubbies and side sections!
    ALSO looking for 540i 6speed manual transmission sets (2001+ pedals with switches, driveshaft, gearbox), for the 6speed swap! Probably not for a while....

GN92489
    540i msport touring; jet black on grey
    Progress Thread (general)
    Progress thread (touring specific)

My Cars
    F31 MSport
    Quote Originally Posted by joekitch View Post
    i was literally just about to post that
    looks like
    GN92495 was very well cared for, and is Jet Black(668) on black
    dinan supercharged too

but 32 grand? umm
    Agreed, 1-owner, beautiful example.

As for the price, oh well, I bet it still sells!
    2016 328ix | Wagon | M-Sport | Alpine White | Black | iND | 513M | AC Schnizter | MPerformance |
    2004///M3 | Individual Sterling Gray | Imola Red | 6MT | Eisenmann | Style 163M | SOLD
    Totaled
    2009///M3
    2000 ///M5 | Oxford Green Metallic II | Caramel Nappa Leather | BMW Individual Black Birch Trim | SOLD

My Cars
    E36, E39, E46, E53
    Yeah! I just found an email from a guy in the market for a nice Touring. He showed me the link to that car on Enthusiast Auto. I was going to write him back today. One of the nicest Msport Tourings I have ever laid my eyes on! And the mileage!!!! Was it even enjoyed?

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, 1-owner, beautiful example.

As for the price, oh well, I bet it still sells!
    Oh you bet your a$$ it'll sell! They don't get much nicer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    ALL 540iTs have a 3.15 diff. It was only the sedans that got the 2.79 or whatever it is.
    Gonna get another Touring?
    Last edited by 707BimmerBum; 11-03-2015 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Edit of Facts

My Cars
    F31 MSport
    It's already pending sale
    Totaled
    2009///M3

My Cars
    09 Rx8 R3
    I saw that a few weeks ago.. If I had the money I would have bought it right away.

My Cars
    E36, E39, E46, E53
    Quote Originally Posted by speed7 View Post
    I saw that a few weeks ago.. If I had the money I would have bought it right away.
    Everyone that collects bimmers was after that Gem! Would have loved to see someone on here snag it and bring one home for the Bimmerforums team!

My Cars
    09 Rx8 R3
    I'm building mine to be like that sexy thing. Took this today.

Just need more disposable income!

My Cars
    '99 528iTA Sport
    The car's beautiful already! That one on Enthusiast Auto was really nice.
    1999 528iT Sport- 2/1999 Alpine White/Sandbeige
    2003 X5 3.0i Stahlgrau/Gray
    2001 330Ci Topazblau/Black
    1984 318i Balticblau/Black
    1995 525i Hellrot/Beige (brother's)
    2007 335i/6 Titansilber/Black (brother's)
    2004 X3 2.5i Titansilber/Gray M54B30 swapped (dad's) (Sold)
    2006 330i Alpine White/Black (Sold)
    ...and some Volvos and other stuff

My Cars
    03 540iT M-Sport Wagon

PDF for ad in #127

This is a PDF of the ad mentioned in post #127 with about half of the photos, plus the build sheet, for when the online ad goes away.
    I don't know why the thumbnail is black.
    2014 i3 BEV, 2016 X5 xDrive40e
    Myrtle Beach SC

My Cars
    09 Rx8 R3
    I'll have that car duplicated soon enough. Thanks for documenting that build tinius. Only thing that sucks about being in Cali is I don't think I can find a carb legal supercharger. Unless Dinan made one back in the day.. and I'll have to piece it together.. and that's if I'm even lucky enough to find one to begin with.

My Cars
    F31 MSport
    I'll have that car duplicated soon enough. Thanks for documenting that build tinius. Only thing that sucks about being in Cali is I don't think I can find a carb legal supercharger. Unless Dinan made one back in the day.. and I'll have to piece it together.. and that's if I'm even lucky enough to find one to begin with.
    Do you have a build thread going?
    Totaled
    2009///M3

My Cars
    09 Rx8 R3
    Do you have a build thread going?
    No.. not yet.. not sure I'll do one either. I have 2 projects going in parallel.. so it's going to be a slow build. I have a list of things I want to do. But really what I'm doing is tackling the maintenance but also doing an upgrade at the same time. The car has 152k on it.. and lots of maintenance was ignored or it's just that time.

For example.. I needed new tires.. they were seriously worn. So instead of buying tires 2x's. I opted to spend some extra cash and get staggered OEM M5 wheels too + tires.
    Next on the chopping block is the suspension. I have an email to Dinan about the front springs and whether or not I can use the M5 front springs they have listed on their site. Already replaced the rear bags and wouldn't mind having the car sit a tiny bit lower... And this is just the daily driver... I have a mazda rx8 that is supposed to be getting all the love.. but I'm still waiting for the coil overs from motion control suspension.. apparently being made by unobtainium... I had them ordered in June.

My Cars
    E36, E39, E46, E53
    No.. not yet.. not sure I'll do one either. I have 2 projects going in parallel.. so it's going to be a slow build. I have a list of things I want to do. But really what I'm doing is tackling the maintenance but also doing an upgrade at the same time. The car has 152k on it.. and lots of maintenance was ignored or it's just that time.

For example.. I needed new tires.. they were seriously worn. So instead of buying tires 2x's. I opted to spend some extra cash and get staggered OEM M5 wheels too + tires.
    Next on the chopping block is the suspension. I have an email to Dinan about the front springs and whether or not I can use the M5 front springs they have listed on their site. Already replaced the rear bags and wouldn't mind having the car sit a tiny bit lower... And this is just the daily driver... I have a mazda rx8 that is supposed to be getting all the love.. but I'm still waiting for the coil overs from motion control suspension.. apparently being made by unobtainium... I had them ordered in June.
    Motion Control? Did you do your reading? Ouch. You might wanna read into some product before purchasing. I know people who were VERY unhappy with their "Custom tuned" Motion Control track coilovers they installed on their Bimmers. My buddies e46 M3 was horrible even after a $500 set up. The suspension guys weren't happy with them for some reason. Sent them back after weeks of arguing. Spent half the money on Kw's without one issue in set up.

As for my Touring.... I'm going to electronically adjust the rear bags and put in an adjustable leveling link like my touring friends do. And Viola... My suspension sits 2 inches than stock in the back. The front I might go Coilovers with BC Racing or CATuned. But Some Springs and adjustable Koni's up front and bam my front is set up. Total: $700 in parts.

Wheels: 4 Rear Style 65 M5 wheels instead of Staggered. More front grip and rotatable tires!

Call Dinan about the Supercharger. There is a CA Legal one.

As for your maintenance: jump on that cooling system. And if the TCG's haven't been replaced.... You're driving a rolling hand grenade. An M62 is not on your list of replacements and you don't want it to be.

Good luck dude! Can't wait to see how your build comes out!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tinius View Post
    This is a PDF of the ad mentioned in post #127 with about half of the photos, plus the build sheet, for when the online ad goes away.
    I don't know why the thumbnail is black.
    Glad we are all on top of keeping track of these cars! Epecially this one. Seems to be as nice as Stormtrooper #1!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow.... GN92474 just surfaced. 1 of 1 Topaz/Gray. Needs a little less work than My Alpine. Ha!
    http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/To...5dpco.jpg.html
    2001 330ci Sport 5MT, 2003 540iT MSport - M5 Project, 2003 540iT Msport 6MT Instagram: NorcalBrandon

My Cars
    03 540i M6spd & 03 540IT
    Here is that GN92474 Topaz Blue / Dove Gray 707BimmerBum was talking about.. Soon to be on the road fixed up.. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    03 540i M6spd & 03 540IT
    There is also another one that you guys might be interested a buddy of mine just got his hands on one.. It's the #121 GN92562 Titanium Silver / Black interior. 1 of 36. Here are a couple shots of this baby coming home.. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    03 540i M6spd & 03 540IT
    Quote Originally Posted by totalazneclipse View Post
    Hello all,

Just picked up GN92616 yesterday, a dream come true!

-Kris

Attachment 543978
    Wow that's a beauty! I love that sterling gray and it has the perfect wheels! I have the 4 door 03' 540I in the same color and same wheels.. I need a set of those for the wagon 03' 540it m wagon. That is such a dream for me have two sterling grays parked side by side same year same package! Beautiful 540It man!
    Last edited by tol1k; 11-11-2015 at 12:01 AM.

My Cars
    00 M Coupe, 03 540iT

Attention 2003 540iT MSport Owners.... Trying to start a Registry!

Quote Originally Posted by tol1k View Post
    Wow that's a beauty! I love that sterling gray and it has the perfect wheels! I have the 4 door 03' 540I in the same color and same wheels.. I need a set of those for the wagon 03' 540it m wagon. That is such a dream for me have two sterling grays parked side by side same year same package! Beautiful 540It man!
    Thanks tol1k! She's definitely a keeper, I cant remember how long it's been on the bucket list of cars for me.

I'd love to be like you and add a sedan next to it. Lucky man, lucky!
    Last edited by totalazneclipse; 11-11-2015 at 12:14 AM.
    -Kris

95 Eclipse GSX (gone)
    94 325i sedan (gone)
    00 M Coupe
    03 540iT M-Sport

My Cars
    '99 528iTA Sport
    There is also another one that you guys might be interested a buddy of mine just got his hands on one.. It's the #121 GN92562 Titanium Silver / Black interior. 1 of 36. Here are a couple shots of this baby coming home.. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Man, has it ever been cleaned? Haha... nice car, though. Other than that dent on the tailgate, it looks to be in great shape.
    1999 528iT Sport- 2/1999 Alpine White/Sandbeige
    2003 X5 3.0i Stahlgrau/Gray
    2001 330Ci Topazblau/Black
    1984 318i Balticblau/Black
    1995 525i Hellrot/Beige (brother's)
    2007 335i/6 Titansilber/Black (brother's)
    2004 X3 2.5i Titansilber/Gray M54B30 swapped (dad's) (Sold)
    2006 330i Alpine White/Black (Sold)
    ...and some Volvos and other stuff

My Cars
    E36, E39, E46, E53
    Sweet! Classic Bimmer color combo!

Tol1k,

Where is GN92562 located and is he on this forum? We should get all the West Coast Tourings together for next years 5er West!
    2001 330ci Sport 5MT, 2003 540iT MSport - M5 Project, 2003 540iT Msport 6MT Instagram: NorcalBrandon

My Cars
    09 Rx8 R3
    Quote Originally Posted by 707BimmerBum View Post
    Motion Control? Did you do your reading? Ouch. You might wanna read into some product before purchasing. I know people who were VERY unhappy with their "Custom tuned" Motion Control track coilovers they installed on their Bimmers. My buddies e46 M3 was horrible even after a $500 set up. The suspension guys weren't happy with them for some reason. Sent them back after weeks of arguing. Spent half the money on Kw's without one issue in set up.

As for my Touring.... I'm going to electronically adjust the rear bags and put in an adjustable leveling link like my touring friends do. And Viola... My suspension sits 2 inches than stock in the back. The front I might go Coilovers with BC Racing or CATuned. But Some Springs and adjustable Koni's up front and bam my front is set up. Total: $700 in parts.

Wheels: 4 Rear Style 65 M5 wheels instead of Staggered. More front grip and rotatable tires!

Call Dinan about the Supercharger. There is a CA Legal one.

As for your maintenance: jump on that cooling system. And if the TCG's haven't been replaced.... You're driving a rolling hand grenade. An M62 is not on your list of replacements and you don't want it to be.

Good luck dude! Can't wait to see how your build comes out!

- - - Updated - - -

Glad we are all on top of keeping track of these cars! Epecially this one. Seems to be as nice as Stormtrooper #1!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow.... GN92474 just surfaced. 1 of 1 Topaz/Gray. Needs a little less work than My Alpine. Ha!
    http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/To...5dpco.jpg.html
    707BimmerBum Thanks for the heads up. My buddy actually builds track cars. He's the one who recommended them. In fact he's the one building the setup. He specified the springs to use and then even specified the valving MCS should use in the coil over. By default they use an MX5 setup for the Rx8.. however the Rx8 weights a bit more. So it became a custom build. As far as setup goes... I totally understand where it could all go wrong. So many people or shops say they "know what they are doing". Unfortunately you can see that every time you head to the track. Especially a big event like a Redline Time Attack. Not only do you see cars setup wrong.. but then drivers who think they are the $h!#. It's an eye opener.. I'll report back on my MCS setup.. honestly I'm not worried because I know the guy who's the subject matter expert on setting up a car to go racy racy. And I'm honestly not worried that these will be a bad shock.

With 4 of the same wheels, don't you have to use spacers? I know this might sound silly.. but I'm so against spacers.. I drive too hard and I don't need flexing in areas that are unknown. Especially in the wheel area. So far the traction in the front is good.. I had issues with worn tires before.. so now with the extra grip in the rear the car is much more manageable. I hardly ever push though a turn anyways... so I'm not afraid of some under-steer...in fact you can use that to your advantage sometimes.

Also thanks for the supercharger info.. that might be the way to go. The aftermarket radiator I was thinking about going with won't fit with a supercharger.. Just means I need to do a bit more research on that specific part now.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey so random question to y'all here.. does anyone want a single 17x8 M parallel style 66 wheel as their spare? I'm selling 3 and keeping one for a spare since I'm running the style 65 wheels now. I was thinking $150 shipped each. I don't have pictures as of yet.. but they are in ok condition.. I'd put them at a 7.. maybe 8 out of 10.

My Cars
    03 540i M6spd & 03 540IT
    Quote Originally Posted by 707BimmerBum View Post
    Sweet! Classic Bimmer color combo!

Tol1k,

Where is GN92562 located and is he on this forum? We should get all the West Coast Tourings together for next years 5er West!
    Thanks!!! It's a very clean 540it after he got it all washed and fixed those dents it's a beauty!

Hey 707 this buddy of mine is not on this forum he speaks Russian more than English so he wouldn't be able to follow all these posts.. I'm in the same band with him so he's always around, he's lives in Portland, OR as well. Getting all the tourings together would be awesome! I'd meet anytime by the way the silver one has 106K miles & my topaz blue has 107k
    Last edited by tol1k; 11-11-2015 at 05:33 PM.

My Cars
    09 Rx8 R3
    tol1k love the blue! Will be sweet looking all fixed up!

Nice silver one too! So funny that none of our cars are perfect. But with some TLC and a bit of elbow grease they shine up fairly well. Just shows that we actually drive them compared to others.

My Cars
    E36, E39, E46, E53
    707BimmerBum Thanks for the heads up. My buddy actually builds track cars. He's the one who recommended them. In fact he's the one building the setup. He specified the springs to use and then even specified the valving MCS should use in the coil over. By default they use an MX5 setup for the Rx8.. however the Rx8 weights a bit more. So it became a custom build. As far as setup goes... I totally understand where it could all go wrong. So many people or shops say they "know what they are doing". Unfortunately you can see that every time you head to the track. Especially a big event like a Redline Time Attack. Not only do you see cars setup wrong.. but then drivers who think they are the $h!#. It's an eye opener.. I'll report back on my MCS setup.. honestly I'm not worried because I know the guy who's the subject matter expert on setting up a car to go racy racy. And I'm honestly not worried that these will be a bad shock.

With 4 of the same wheels, don't you have to use spacers? I know this might sound silly.. but I'm so against spacers.. I drive too hard and I don't need flexing in areas that are unknown. Especially in the wheel area. So far the traction in the front is good.. I had issues with worn tires before.. so now with the extra grip in the rear the car is much more manageable. I hardly ever push though a turn anyways... so I'm not afraid of some under-steer...in fact you can use that to your advantage sometimes.

Also thanks for the supercharger info.. that might be the way to go. The aftermarket radiator I was thinking about going with won't fit with a supercharger.. Just means I need to do a bit more research on that specific part now.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey so random question to y'all here.. does anyone want a single 17x8 M parallel style 66 wheel as their spare? I'm selling 3 and keeping one for a spare since I'm running the style 65 wheels now. I was thinking $150 shipped each. I don't have pictures as of yet.. but they are in ok condition.. I'd put them at a 7.. maybe 8 out of 10.

Speed7,

I didn't realize you were talking RX8. I thought you were talking the Touring. And you are spot on with what you are talking about. My friend is a SCCA/NASA driver. And his suspension shop... All they do is Bimmer and Mustang racecars. They said some suspension manufacturers understand and work with certain brands better than others. I'm sure motion control have all the Mazda's dialed in.

As for the Square M5 wheels. My buddy didn't do any spacers on his sedan. But if I have to... I like the look of the Rear M5 wheel better then the front. Spacers are such a touchy subject. For street use... Who cares. For hard track driving I probably wouldn't run spacers. Ha. But whatever floats your boat!

Superchargers: I am VERY surprised ESS doesn't have a CA legal model. And I was messing around on their website and they don't even exist in their anymore. I'll make a call to a friend next week once the SEMA buzz has calmed down a little.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey 707 this buddy of mine is not on this forum he speaks Russian more than English so he wouldn't be able to follow all these posts.. I'm in the same band with him so he's always around, he's lives in Portland, OR as well. Getting all the tourings together would be awesome! I'd meet anytime by the way the silver one has 106K miles & my topaz blue has 107k
    Thats funny. Mikracer has 114k on his Alpine/beige. My Alpine/Beige has 109k. That Sterling/Gray one I drove a few months ago had 109k. Haha. As for the the Silver one... I'll add him into the registry. 5er West is up that direction! I wanna make the trip with both my Touring(if it's back on the road) and my e28!

My Cars
    03 540iT-M; 02 325iT, Z3
    I'd like to add to the registry.
    GN92475: Sterling Grey/ Black, DSP radio, rear blinds

My Aspen Silver 2000 528iT Sport was totaled in October when a F-150 driver suddenly decided he wanted to be in the lane of which I was currently occupying.

I was about to start looking for another E39 wagon, when I remembered an M-sport I would see parked at a house in a neighborhood I would cycle through. I decided to leave a note in the mail box asking if they night be interested in selling it ( couldn't hurt to ask, right?).

I got a call from the owner that night, saying that the conversation of selling did come up with his wife ( her car, he had an M3) but didn't really get past the "maybe we should" stage. I took a look at it and made an offer that he accepted ( after consultation with the Mrs) the next day.

It has an interesting history.

1 owner car. He was looking for a used 540iT Sport, but couldn't find one East of the Mississippi. He found 2 new ones at Crevier BMW, Santa Anna CA, one Sapphire Black and the Sterling Grey one. He got the Grey one and had it shipped to VA. Being an F-16 pilot, it moved with him to other duty stations, was put in storage during overseas deployment, and eventually back to VA, where it resumed daily duties.

It had a lot of the e39 boxes checked. Oil changes every 7k since new, trans/ diff change, valley gasket, front thrust bushes, water pump, rad, tank, etc. About $6k in the last 18 months. I also have every book, dvd, brochure, receipt, pre-delivery check ,window sticker, price list/ option list(list and wholesale), and all 4 keys ( including a leather key cover)

Cosmetically it has 2 good dings in it I will have taken out, a few scratches, it has a clear bra on it that is crazed and needs steamed off, the leather is a bit dry, b-post trim around the belts and has some Lab slobber in the back ( to be replaced by Vizsla slobber).

The tires were good Conti Extreame Contact DWS, but made some noise, so I swapped them with staggered Style 32s with the same tire, salvaged from my 528. Nationwide gave me a $9 credit for each tire. They only had 2500 miles on them, barely had the nubs off worn off, so I told the to keep their $36 and swapped them out with an old set of 16" I had.

I put in new serpentine tensioners (the only things in the front not replaced), a chain tensioner ( preventive maintenance?) and a starter ( occasional bearing squeal), so we are good to go!

Still miss my 528iT, but enjoy that V-8 growl and the smile it produces.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast