Thread: 2015 BMW M4 vs Lexus RC F

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

2015 BMW M4 vs Lexus RC F

Watch as Motor Trend puts the Lexus RC F up against the BMW M4

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    1991 325i
    Faster is always great, but more fun usually wins out. The M4 really takes the cake this time.
    1991 BMW 325i(Current Daily) (S52)
    I have carburetors, and I'm not afraid to use them!
    There are always other fish (engines) in the sea (Craigslist)
    Life is about enjoying the engine you are sitting behind.

My Cars
    2010 Audi S4
    M4 is the faster car and faster always wins. It has shown real power completing the lap 0.7 second faster and stops 9 feet shorter from 60mph.

My Cars
    turbo m3, Z4M, M5,
    I feel like in that timed lap they didn't push the M4 as far as they could. It seems like they brake a bit more and slow down to a slower speed before all the corners. Its noticeable when they brake and you see how low the m4's speed goes down compared to lexus which maintains a higher speed.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by Inicent Child View Post
    I feel like in that timed lap they didn't push the M4 as far as they could. It seems like they brake a bit more and slow down to a slower speed before all the corners. Its noticeable when they brake and you see how low the m4's speed goes down compared to lexus which maintains a higher speed.
    Maybe the M4 was carrying more speed into the corner or maybe the RC F had to be pushed into the corner to avoid losing too much speed on corner exit?
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    turbo m3, Z4M, M5,
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Maybe the M4 was carrying more speed into the corner or maybe the RC F had to be pushed into the corner to avoid losing too much speed on corner exit?
    From my knowledge if the m4 can generate better grip on the G meter it should have always maintained a higher speed through corners. It seems like they slowed it down a bit more than necessary. I feel like the lap time gap would be larger if they kept pushing it more.

My Cars
    2015 BMW M4
    I test drove them both not having seen this comparison and came to same conclusions. M4 just gave you that feeling like you're looking over the edge of the top of a tall building. The Lexus, while nice, seemed ho-hum. Got the '15 M4 3 days ago. Listed at $88k. Leased for $6k down, $950/mo. 39 mos.