Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: S52 turbo build E85/RK-Tune AR design mani BorgWarner turbo

My Cars
    07 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by nikimause View Post
    few members mentioned Jordan's remote tune is rich sometimes on cold starts?
    Afr on cold start SHOULD be richer then when the car is hot.

The ONLY issue with my 115LB E85 tune on OBD2 is that when it is COLD outside (~35* and colder) there is a slight lean spot at 10-15% throttle from 1300-1500rpms for the first 10-15 secounds of the car turning on.

It DOES start right up, idle perfectly, and drive normal when cold.

I am trying to resolve the issue currently.

please note if you start the car. and let it warm up for 1-2 min as you should anyway when its VERY cold out you would never even notice it..
    RK tunes

m3mods is offline Boost Addict BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmbmw View Post
    Sound's like some solid research, I have heard so much good about Technica. Didn't realize they didn't provide any free revisions. I would think throwing a free revision or two in would be very good for business..
    +1 didn't know that either and I would think a few free revisions for any remote tune would be necessary and included.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Technica only charges for revisions when hardware is changed. They will dial in your setup at one cost. But if you decide to change cams down the road, a small fee will be required to revise your tune.

Its not like your dropping another G on tuning. Its more for his time.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    95 M3 04 M3 99 swift
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    Technica only charges for revisions when hardware is changed. They will dial in your setup at one cost. But if you decide to change cams down the road, a small fee will be required to revise your tune.

Huh might have been misunderstanding then. He just told me I'd have to pay extra for revisions, didn't mention hardware stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RK-Tunes View Post
    Afr on cold start SHOULD be richer then when the car is hot.

The ONLY issue with my 115LB E85 tune on OBD2 is that when it is COLD outside (~35* and colder) there is a slight lean spot at 10-15% throttle from 1300-1500rpms for the first 10-15 secounds of the car turning on.

It DOES start right up, idle perfectly, and drive normal when cold.

I am trying to resolve the issue currently.

please note if you start the car. and let it warm up for 1-2 min as you should anyway when its VERY cold out you would never even notice it..
    Im OBD1 and I let my car warm up pretty well by the time I have my morning coffee

My Cars
    turbo m3, Z4M, M5,
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw328m52 View Post
    Hah! There are an infinite number of ways to get by emissions. It shouldn't even be considered a constraint in this day and age.
    Not in california.... lol

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Huh might have been misunderstanding then. He just told me I'd have to pay extra for revisions, didn't mention hardware stuff.
    Call them back and verify, so at least your on the same page . but he will send u a base tune, from there, you will hop on a dyno and send him the sheet, he will dial it in from there.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS

Now that makes much more sense. I'm going with a simple miscommunication on this one.

My Cars
    E36
    Appreciate your experience. I called a few tuners already. Technica don't have free revisions that might end up costly. Miller never answers their phone neither replies to emails, that shows poor customer skills in case I do go with their tune I wouldn't be able to reach them. Vic Sias said I can fy him in from California for a in person tune for a tec3, I have people to rent a dyno for $70/hour and ticket from SF area is not that much and also I have spoke with Jordan a few times which sounds convincing to stay stock DME, but few members mentioned Jordan's remote tune is rich sometimes on cold starts?
    I've called and emailed miller performance multiple times and could not get a response. Customer service is everything in my book when it comes to tuning magic.

My Cars
    03 M3,Turbo E36 M3, D675

This is correct.

My Cars
    95 M3 04 M3 99 swift
    Quote Originally Posted by Inicent Child View Post
    Speaking of California. It is the most horrible place to love cars, I once got a car in Sacramento and they sent me to smog to check my light bulbs? Ridiculous

My Cars
    E36
    Speaking of California. It is the most horrible place to love cars, I once got a car in Sacramento and they sent me to smog to check my light bulbs? Ridiculous

My Cars
    4.9L 540i/Porsche 997
    Quote Originally Posted by Inicent Child View Post
    Tahoe, Mammoth or Big Bear?

My Cars
    EuroS50B30,e83,Frontier

Good to know, hope this is still the case.
    "There are bold drivers and there are old drivers, but there are no bold, old drivers."

My Cars
    95 M3 04 M3 99 swift

Block and head off to the machine shop to get honed, decked and hot tanked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cdmbmw View Post
    Good to know, hope this is still the case.
    Am still waiting for a call back from Bret. Been an hour so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nikimause; 12-29-2014 at 05:51 PM.

My Cars
    e30
    emmisions are also taken care of lol. I registered my car in Lynden (somewhere close to Bellingham) so no emissions ever for me
    Gotcha, just wanted to make sure you thought about it. Its a big reason to stay with stock ECU if you are OBDII

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bmw328m52 View Post
    Hah! There are an infinite number of ways to get by emissions. It shouldn't even be considered a constraint in this day and age.
    That probably depends on what the standards are as they vary from state to state. Here if you don't have an OBD port functioning for OBDII it becomes a hassle very quick. We don't have shop inspections or similar like California.
    -Nick
    91 E30 M42 on VEMS

Turbo Camshaft Thread

My Cars
    03 M3,Turbo E36 M3, D675
    Can anyone chime in about the factory dme capabilities with e85? This is more or less uncharted territory in bmw f.i

My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    Quote Originally Posted by MTrace View Post
    Can anyone chime in about the factory dme capabilities with e85? This is more or less uncharted territory in bmw f.i
    Especially in terms of flex fuel/ dual dme setups. True flex fuel capabilities with ethanol sensor and the works would be

My Cars
    03 M3,Turbo E36 M3, D675
    Quote Originally Posted by m3mods View Post
    Especially in terms of flex fuel/ dual dme setups. True flex fuel capabilities with ethanol sensor and the works would be
    I know NickG has flex fuel working on the E46, but no word on the E36. My biggest concern with the factory DME E85 tunes is the part throttle,cold start, constant AFR. Which seem to be an issue, especially with the larger injectors, both 115lb and id2000. If the Factory DME was limited to just over 1000hp on race gas, that puts E85 maxing out at a little over 800, thats me assuming its limited.

My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    Quote Originally Posted by MTrace View Post
    I know NickG has flex fuel working on the E46, but no word on the E36. My biggest concern with the factory DME E85 tunes is the part throttle,cold start, constant AFR. Which seem to be an issue, especially with the larger injectors, both 115lb and id2000. If the Factory DME was limited to just over 1000hp on race gas, that puts E85 maxing out at a little over 800, thats me assuming its limited.

Yeah I remember hearing that about Nick G some time ago. I hope e36's aren't 'too far gone' for him or anyone else to put the time into figuring it out for us obd2 guys. Or time for s54 swap..

- - - Updated - - -

For me personally, I would really just like to have my tuner (stock dme or standalone) be within driving distance (anywhere on the west coast) so that if I were to have an issue, which is almost certain that at least one will arise, I could just call them up and trailer the car over. Remote tuning is an awesome advancement but I still feel that there is just no replacement for a tune dialed in in person.

Why does the east coast have all the damn tuners..

My Cars
    03 M3,Turbo E36 M3, D675
    Quote Originally Posted by m3mods View Post
    For me personally, I would really just like to have my tuner (stock dme or standalone) be within driving distance (anywhere on the west coast) so that if I were to have an issue, which is almost certain that at least one will arise, I could just call them up and trailer the car over. Remote tuning is an awesome advancement but I still feel that there is just no replacement for a tune dialed in in person.

Why does the east coast have all the damn tuners..
    Cant say it any better....

My Cars
    EuroS50B30,e83,Frontier
    It's not like there is no market out here.. Somebody should move out west and absorb all the business.
    "There are bold drivers and there are old drivers, but there are no bold, old drivers."

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by wazzu70 View Post
    Gotcha, just wanted to make sure you thought about it. Its a big reason to stay with stock ECU if you are OBDII

- - - Updated - - -

That probably depends on what the standards are as they vary from state to state. Here if you don't have an OBD port functioning for OBDII it becomes a hassle very quick. We don't have shop inspections or similar like California.
    It really varies from county to county. I reside in Virginia and as you get close to D.C. yes they will have obd port emissions. But where I reside in southwest va, they don't do emissions. Just safety inspections.

My Cars
    95 M3 04 M3 99 swift

Cool

So I spoke with Bret on the phone again. He said revisions are free to dial an OBD2 car but every tune will cost a little extra so sorry about the confusion earlier. He also gave me a quote on proEFI (which has flexfuel built in so just dump whatever mixture in the tank and ethanol contant will change the boost setting, also has a lot of safety features) 1200cc injectors and southbend stage 5 clutch. There, I just blew few extra grand than expected
    Last edited by nikimause; 12-29-2014 at 09:21 PM.

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    Sooo... ProEFI it is?
    Old set up: 520RWHP & 500RWTQ @ 20PSI 1/4 mile as of 7/26/15 12.5 @ 125MPH - 19PSI
    New set up: Steedspeed Twinscroll, Wiseco Pistons 8.8:1 CR, K1 Rods, Blueprinted and Balanced, ARP Main Studs, o-ring block, GTR 12mm head studs, GT35R with 86mm HTA billet compressor wheel (GT3586RHTA) TwinScrol 1.06 exhaust housing, Nick G custom tuning, 6 Speed Transmission, UUC Twin Disc Clutch, UUC EVO III, UUC DSSR 109mm, EVO 6 Speed Driveshaft, HFS-6 W/M injection, Zeitronix data logger, 3" SS full exhaust, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Race coilovers.

My Cars
    95 M3 04 M3 99 swift
    Quote Originally Posted by Matutino View Post
    Sooo... ProEFI it is?
    ProEFI it is with plenty of tech support from Bret. Screw it this car better last me some time.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast