Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: S52 turbo build E85/RK-Tune AR design mani BorgWarner turbo

My Cars
    E30 325is turbo.
    LOL

I was talking about oiling for the turbo, but I see now.. carry on.

http://www.abelvalenzuelastore.com Home interiors; Upholstery, floor covering, window covering, & all kinds of repair.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Return = Fuel
    Drain = Turbo

Pressure = Fuel
    Feed = Turbo

Let's go by these from now on.

Lol
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    Estoril Mcoupe
    This car should be fast.

My Cars
    95 M3 04 M3 99 swift
    Quote Originally Posted by iRodD View Post
    This car should be fast.
    We shall see once its finished. I am definitely waiting for your help with fuel pumps and running the lines.

My Cars
    07 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by m3mods View Post
    You must have missed Jordan's e34 build that made ~800whp with stock fuel lines on e85..

- - - Updated - - -

Found the link:

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...on-RKTUNES-ftw

He's running a fuel set up that I sent to him
    Also made BIG power on a BASE tune. 0 revisions.
    also ran the car at shift sector.
    ETC.

Nice when cars are stored !

STOCK dme still FTW
    RK tunes

m3mods is offline Boost Addict BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    Quote Originally Posted by RK-Tunes View Post
    He's running a fuel set up that I sent to him
    Also made BIG power on a BASE tune. 0 revisions.
    also ran the car at shift sector.
    ETC.

Nice when cars are stored !

STOCK dme still FTW

Nice I thought you tuned that car in person at Castro for some reason but either way definitely an awesome setup all around and I am still amazed what those stock fuel lines can handle. Has that dual dme/ flex fuel idea panned out? I think that would get a lot of people back on board with stock dme tuning as its one of the main reasons myself and many others are considering standalone, with the shortage of e85 stations throughout the country.

My Cars
    07 335i
    Nice I thought you tuned that car in person at Castro for some reason but either way definitely an awesome setup all around and I am still amazed what those stock fuel lines can handle. Has that dual dme/ flex fuel idea panned out? I think that would get a lot of people back on board with stock dme tuning as its one of the main reasons myself and many others are considering standalone, with the shortage of e85 stations throughout the country.
    every E85 tune purchased comes with 2 tunes.
    obd1 can come with a Switch + wiring that plugs in to be able to swap from a GAS tune to E85.

OBD2 includes flashing of TWO dme's OR flashing one dme with both files.

I have not had time to set up one DME with 2 tunes and a switch yet.
    It can be done. i just haven't had the time
    RK tunes

My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    Quote Originally Posted by RK-Tunes View Post
    every E85 tune purchased comes with 2 tunes.
    obd1 can come with a Switch + wiring that plugs in to be able to swap from a GAS tune to E85.

OBD2 includes flashing of TWO dme's OR flashing one dme with both files.

I have not had time to set up one DME with 2 tunes and a switch yet.
    It can be done.
    i just haven't had the time

I think doing this would help make up peoples minds that are on the fence about whether to go stock dme or standalone and I hope you get a chance to figure it out.

My Cars
    95 M3 04 M3 99 swift
    Dammit back level 1. I dunno what to do again, we already discussed McDonald's, Burger King even mentioned jack in the box and Wendy's.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by nikimause View Post
    Dammit back level 1. I dunno what to do again, we already discussed McDonald's, Burger King even mentioned jack in the box and Wendy's.
    Here is what I would do if I was in your sneakers.
    Call these people ...
    John at CES motorsports
    Technica Motorsports (Jordan or Bret)
    TRM (mike)
    RK

Talk to ALL of them, don't pull the trigger till you have had the time to speak to each one of these guys. Then once YOU do, you can make YOUR own decision on where YOU feel most comfortable spending YOUR money. Explain what you want , what you have , and what your looking to do. Picking a tuner takes time. I wouldn't just have your internet buddies spend your money. Remember this is going to be a long term relationship. When you tweak, upgrade, make changes, so will the tuner. DONT LET OTHERS MAKE YOUR MIND UP. do it yourself.

Or go standalone.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    Call these people ...
    John at CES motorsports
    TRM (mike)
    RK

Talk to ALL of them, don't pull the trigger till you have had the time to speak to each one of these guys. Then once YOU do, you can make YOUR own decision on where YOU feel most comfortable spending YOUR money. Explain what you want , what you have , and what your looking to do. Picking a tuner takes time. I wouldn't just have your internet buddies spend your money. Remember this is going to be a long term relationship. When you tweak, upgrade, make changes, so will the tuner. DONT LET OTHERS MAKE YOUR MIND UP. do it yourself.

Or go standalone.
    Well put

My Cars
    E28
    I think doing this would help make up peoples minds that are on the fence about whether to go stock dme or standalone and I hope you get a chance to figure it out.
    This is pretty simple (but time consuming) to do with OBD1. I was planning on using a blank chip to run wires from each pin to a switch bus, and then switch from one chip to another. Jordan explained that it's even easier than that. You just need to connect the pins together on the two chips (minus ground), and then ground the chip that you want to use via a switch. He mentioned stacking them in the ECU (I assume soldering them together). But I am planning on wiring two chip sockets to a remote location so that the two tunes can be switched between, and each chip can easily be removed/replaced if necessary.

I think that OBD2 can just use two different bins as Jordan stated and that would be very simple if it works.

My Cars
    E36
    Call these people ...
    John at CES motorsports
    TRM (mike)
    RK

Or go standalone.
    +1 on this. I wish I would've done more research on tuning options. Literally the only thing I'm worried about regarding my build.

My Cars
    95 M3 04 M3 99 swift
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw328m52 View Post
    +1 on this. I wish I would've done more research on tuning options. Literally the only thing I'm worried about regarding my build.
    Who's Tune did you end up going with? Or is it still in progress?

My Cars
    Red Sled, RC51
    Miller performance comes with a 4 position tune switch.

"Believe nothing you hear, half of what you read"

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by nikimause View Post
    Who's Tune did you end up going with? Or is it still in progress?
    I went with rktunes. I don't regret it but obd2 flash tuning can get expensive if the tuner isn't there to alter afrs. Dyno sessions ain't cheap.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender13Bender View Post
    Miller performance comes with a 4 position tune switch.
    For OBD1.

My Cars
    Red Sled, RC51
    Correct

"Believe nothing you hear, half of what you read"

My Cars
    Twin turbo LS E36 M3
    Call these people ...
    John at CES motorsports
    TRM (mike)
    RK

Or go standalone.

Just make sure when you talk to people about standalone, that they dont have a biased opinion. Im not really sure of who here has alot of experience on both sides of the fence, but you may wanna take the time to find out. Because alot of people are partial to one side. Im on the standalone side, but i know there are tons of people on the stock DME side. You gotta find someone that does not have motive towards either direction and really talk to them about this.
    328i Sedan Twin s366's, 6.0LS, TH400, MS3 Ultimate
    9.20 at 150 on 22psi

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    I had a tec3r in the e36 m3....hated it, and just never seemed to been done with the tuning. I went back to stock dme and never have to think about it....plus, I can still use my code reader. My e30 has MS2 and once again, I am driving around with a laptop constantly tuning it....looking into stock dme options
    1997 Arctic Silver/Black M3
    CES Stage IV (651rwhp/615rwtq @ 24 psi)

1999 Techno Violet/Dove M3
    Auto/Convertible and staying stock!

My Cars
    e30
    For your situation stock DME might be a good choice for emission testing. Just something to consider since a badass car with no tabs is no fun
    -Nick
    91 E30 M42 on VEMS

Turbo Camshaft Thread

My Cars
    95 M3 04 M3 99 swift
    Quote Originally Posted by wazzu70 View Post
    For your situation stock DME might be a good choice for emission testing. Just something to consider since a badass car with no tabs is no fun
    emmisions are also taken care of lol. I registered my car in Lynden (somewhere close to Bellingham) so no emissions ever for me

My Cars
    E36
    Hah! There are an infinite number of ways to get by emissions. It shouldn't even be considered a constraint in this day and age.

My Cars
    95 M3 04 M3 99 swift
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWManiac View Post
    I had a tec3r in the e36 m3....hated it, and just never seemed to been done with the tuning. I went back to stock dme and never have to think about it....plus, I can still use my code reader. My e30 has MS2 and once again, I am driving around with a laptop constantly tuning it....looking into stock dme options
    Appreciate your experience. I called a few tuners already. Technica don't have free revisions that might end up costly. Miller never answers their phone neither replies to emails, that shows poor customer skills in case I do go with their tune I wouldn't be able to reach them. Vic Sias said I can fy him in from California for a in person tune for a tec3, I have people to rent a dyno for $70/hour and ticket from SF area is not that much and also I have spoke with Jordan a few times which sounds convincing to stay stock DME, but few members mentioned Jordan's remote tune is rich sometimes on cold starts?

My Cars
    EuroS50B30,e83,Frontier
    Sound's like some solid research, I have heard so much good about Technica. Didn't realize they didn't provide any free revisions. I would think throwing a free revision or two in would be very good for business..
    "There are bold drivers and there are old drivers, but there are no bold, old drivers."

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast