My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    Sweet

- - - Updated - - -

Time to change my avatar..

My Cars
    03 M3,Turbo E36 M3, D675
    Quote Originally Posted by nikimause View Post
    did some digging on the proEFI. Suckers are almost 4 grand. Anything you can tell me about Tec3, Megassquirt or the Vi-Pec? Flex fuel is a great advantage though
    Megasquirt is all I have real world experience with, its a great system for the cost and the support is overwhelming. Das Boot is running the Tec3 with amazing results, Mike R at maxPSI was running the DTA with steller results aswell. I could ride a bike to ProEFI, so them being local is the reason for my decision.

It is 4 grand, yeah....but by the time you buy an E85 Tune from RK(1850.00), a wideband(160.00), racelogic(1000.00) and an Eboost 2(485.00), then dyno time...your almost there.

My Cars
    Twin turbo LS E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by MTrace View Post
    Megasquirt is all I have real world experience with, its a great system for the cost and the support is overwhelming. Das Boot is running the Tec3 with amazing results, Mike R at maxPSI was running the DTA with steller results aswell. I could ride a bike to ProEFI, so them being local is the reason for my decision.

It is 4 grand, yeah....but by the time you buy an E85 Tune from RK(1850.00), a wideband(160.00), racelogic(1000.00) and an Eboost 2(485.00), then dyno time...your almost there.
    Damn, i didnt realize proEFI is 4k. Thats like a solid 2500$ more expensive then all of its competitors.
    328i Sedan Twin s366's, 6.0LS, TH400, MS3 Ultimate
    9.20 at 150 on 22psi

My Cars
    03 M3,Turbo E36 M3, D675
    Quote Originally Posted by dburt86 View Post
    Damn, i didnt realize proEFI is 4k. Thats like a solid 2500$ more expensive then all of its competitors.
    Not necessarily, proEFI is well priced when compared to its competitors, they are competing with motec/aem/haltech.

The PnP harnesses for most of the high end ECU's cost more than megasquirt lol

My Cars
    95 M3 04 M3 99 swift
    Not necessarily, proEFI is well priced when compared to its competitors, they are competing with motec/aem/haltech.

The PnP harnesses for most of the high end ECU's cost more than megasquirt lol
    well I'm in the market for a standalone now. If any one comes across a used unit from proEFI or tec3 I'll pick it up. Does a brand new proEFI unit comes with the flexfuel, and other necessary sensors or on top of the 4 grand I'll still need to get a bunch of stuff?

My Cars
    1991 BMW 325i
    Call up Max psi mike should still have that pnp dta standalone for sale.

My Cars
    95 M3 04 M3 99 swift
    Quote Originally Posted by m3mods View Post
    Sweet

- - - Updated - - -

Time to change my avatar..
    yup it is now my avatar lol. You can still keep it for few days until I load a few pics. BTW want to give a shoutout to Reily (m3mods) for an awesome deal on the mani, turbo and rest of the kit with the exhaust and delivering all of it to my house.

My Cars
    Twin turbo LS E36 M3
    well I'm in the market for a standalone now. If any one comes across a used unit from proEFI or tec3 I'll pick it up. Does a brand new proEFI unit comes with the flexfuel, and other necessary sensors or on top of the 4 grand I'll still need to get a bunch of stuff?
    The tec3 lacks in features. I know it doesnt do PID boost control and traction control, and im willing to bet it doesnt have flex fuel capabilities.

If it were me, id be looking at entry level Motec (m84 ?), AEM infinit, Megasquirt 3.
    328i Sedan Twin s366's, 6.0LS, TH400, MS3 Ultimate
    9.20 at 150 on 22psi

m3mods is offline Boost Addict BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    yup it is now my avatar lol. You can still keep it for few days until I load a few pics. BTW want to give a shoutout to Reily (m3mods) for an awesome deal on the mani, turbo and rest of the kit with the exhaust and delivering all of it to my house.
    Glad it went to a good home

- - - Updated - - -

Btw you should get together with Rod sometime since you guys are so close. He's a wealth of knowledge when it comes to high hp e36 turbo builds and I'm sure would be a huge asset to your build if you get the chance to pick his brain.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and standalone ftw!

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    No Rk anymore?
    I guess you need Title update then.
    Old set up: 520RWHP & 500RWTQ @ 20PSI 1/4 mile as of 7/26/15 12.5 @ 125MPH - 19PSI
    New set up: Steedspeed Twinscroll, Wiseco Pistons 8.8:1 CR, K1 Rods, Blueprinted and Balanced, ARP Main Studs, o-ring block, GTR 12mm head studs, GT35R with 86mm HTA billet compressor wheel (GT3586RHTA) TwinScrol 1.06 exhaust housing, Nick G custom tuning, 6 Speed Transmission, UUC Twin Disc Clutch, UUC EVO III, UUC DSSR 109mm, EVO 6 Speed Driveshaft, HFS-6 W/M injection, Zeitronix data logger, 3" SS full exhaust, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Race coilovers.

My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    Since this has turned into somewhat of a standalone topic does anyone know of any DTA S80 Pro tuners on the west coast, preferably in or near Oregon?

Or even any standalone tuners in the pacific NW that have experience with standalone tuning of any kind in m5x?/S5x FI setups? I know there are a few, I've just never actually talked to anyone that has gone to any of them.

My Cars
    95 M3 04 M3 99 swift
    Quote Originally Posted by m3mods View Post
    Since this has turned into somewhat of a standalone topic does anyone know of any DTA S80 Pro tuners on the west coast, preferably in or near Oregon?

Or even any standalone tuners in the pacific NW that have experience with standalone tuning of any kind in m5x?/S5x FI setups? I know there are a few, I've just never actually talked to anyone that has gone to any of them.
    speaking with Rod yesterday he says Vic Sias is the way to go with a stand alone, he's in California.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    He has been tuning TEC2 for years. I remember reading an old post from years ago that said a pound if cocaine would get you an awesome tune.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    ^ :0

Sent from my GTX3582R
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    He has been tuning TEC2 for years. I remember reading an old post from years ago that said a pound if cocaine would get you an awesome tune.
    Sounds like he runs a tough bargain lol

- - - Updated - - -

My god you weren't kidding

(Post #12)

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-Software-Poll

My Cars
    E28
    Not sure what the going rate is on a lb of coke, but that sounds pricey.

My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    Quote Originally Posted by cj.surr View Post
    I'll bet he tunes that shit in like 5 minutes though lol

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    I'm having Keith Richards tune mine. He is most experienced tuner.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    1991 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by cj.surr View Post
    One things for sure, you could buy yourself and one damn nice standalone that probably tunes your car at that point for that much yay(~10k or more)

I would try a different bargain LOL.

When I tried to get anyone to tune my mega squirt, all the tuners in my area were not familiar with it, but they would let me tune it myself. I just ended up being plenty happy with a street tune.

But is this just because I'm from Wisconsin(land of riced out civics and riced out diesel trucks)???

My Cars
    e30
    I don't think any tuner in their right mind would tune an MS setup. Nothing is wrong with MS, just usually the users and their install techniques

i'd only touch it if I installed it myself or spent time upfront to verify the install. No amount of tuning can make up for a half ass install
    -Nick
    91 E30 M42 on VEMS

Turbo Camshaft Thread

My Cars
    93 e36 sedan
    Lol since when is 700+ standalone territory?

My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    Quote Originally Posted by e36blur View Post
    Lol since when is 700+ standalone territory?
    Since nobody's stock dme tune will idle

My Cars
    03 M3,Turbo E36 M3, D675
    I'm not completely convinced the stock DME can handle e85

My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    I'm not completely convinced the stock DME can handle e85
    Flex fuel options are certainly superior with standalone, that's for sure.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast