Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E36 m3 Vert - True Roadster/Spyder Conversion

My Cars
    99M3, 95Dakar, e46Zhp
    Quote Originally Posted by egebhardt View Post
    Nice! I applaud removing the sunroof. Just curious. If the sunroof weighs 316lbs and your removed 150lbs. Where is the remaining 166lbs?
    ok , i failed to update this thread after I got the weight figures at the track a while back. the total weight removed was little over 200lbs not 300lbs (235lb) with the hard top on. Car weighed in at 3240 from the original 3475lb. I plan on selling my vaders and installing some tasteful light weight racing seats to get her under 3200lb.
    Coming Soon! thebimmerdude Youtube Channel.... Everything Bimmer...Everything...duuuddee
    1999 e36 Convertible Hardtop - Sypder (byebye softtop conversion )
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...5#post28143955

My Cars
    2008 BMW 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Dynamic View Post
    Katy area near Greenhouse and i10

Nvm Alex I didnt recognize it was your car. Followed you and took off my ragtop assembly and it was night and day difference.

My Cars
    2002 525i Touring
    How do you secure the tonneau when the hardtop is off?
    I am currently using bungee cords running to the luggage hooks in the trunk. Any ideas what's needed to get the tonneau to lock down for top off driving?

As it turns out, I ripped out my ragtop to improve performance as well. 😈
    But living in north Florida I only run my top off during night driving or Cars & Coffee if/when I ever have time. Or between November-March if I am lucky.

My Cars
    99M3, 95Dakar, e46Zhp
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasedrk1 View Post
    How do you secure the tonneau when the hardtop is off?
    I am currently using bungee cords running to the luggage hooks in the trunk. Any ideas what's needed to get the tonneau to lock down for top off driving?

As it turns out, I ripped out my ragtop to improve performance as well. 
    But living in north Florida I only run my top off during night driving or Cars & Coffee if/when I ever have time. Or between November-March if I am lucky.
    I used the latch and locking mechinism from a manual top e36. the recover on those have a push to lock and door latch to open the rear cover. Find your self an fully manual car and snag everything you can from it.
    Coming Soon! thebimmerdude Youtube Channel.... Everything Bimmer...Everything...duuuddee
    1999 e36 Convertible Hardtop - Sypder (byebye softtop conversion )
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...5#post28143955

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3
    Sorry to bump an old thread but I have a question. So basically you just cut out the whole frame? Since it looks like it's attached to the hard top mounts and bolted in you just cut out the frame? With a saw? Angle grinder?

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles1313 View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread but I have a question. So basically you just cut out the whole frame? Since it looks like it's attached to the hard top mounts and bolted in you just cut out the frame? With a saw? Angle grinder?
    The whole frame is bolted to the car. You can remove it, than cut of the bows so you're only left with the bases, that have the hardtop mounts (provision for mounts) and you bolt that back in.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12