Thread: AP Racing Releases Big Brake Kit for 2015 BMW M3 and M4 Models

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

AP Racing Releases Big Brake Kit for 2015 BMW M3 and M4 Models

There are a couple of things that might not be perfect on the M3 and M4 but nobody complained about the stock brakes so far. Even if they did, BMW is offering a Carbon Ceramic Brake package that should solve all those problems. The only problem is, they are pretty expensive.

To be crystal clear, you should know that they will set you back $8,150 in the US and €7,300 in Germany. That’s quite a lot, even though the price can go up on a similar set for other M models.

Sure, you get some of the best brakes in the business and you will never have to change the rotors but is it worth it? Actually, it’s not unless you track your car at least a couple of times a year.

However, for those looking for more performance than the stock versions but at a smaller price, AP Racing has just unveiled its own take on the matter.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ap...ery-89788.html
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    E92 M3,335i, Odyssey
    Not sure why they have a 4 piston option unless it's a smaller rotor to fit in a smaller wheel for the track?? But then it's only $95 less.
    I think most will be fine with the standard rotors and calipers.

SOLD: '96 Artic Silver M3/2 Lux Click here for pic's. 2003 X5 4.6is: Nav, loading floor, comfort seats
    2007 E90 335i: Titanium Silver/Black/Aluminum trim, Sport, Premium, Heated seats (for the wife), iPOD, MORR VS7
    2011 E92 M3: Space Grey/Black/Blue aluminum trim, Premium, iDrive, DCT

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by aus View Post
    Not sure why they have a 4 piston option unless it's a smaller rotor to fit in a smaller wheel for the track?? But then it's only $95 less.
    I think most will be fine with the standard rotors and calipers.

You are probably right... but we can't forget about the people who buy stuff just to buy stuff, not necessarily because they need it or think it is better. How many Brembo GT kits have you seen bolted up to street cruisers just "because"...
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?