BMW of Bloomfield
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: 1995 BMW M Sport 6 Speed 68K Miles New EDC Perfect Autocheck

My Cars
    01 740 and 06 M3
    Awesome car.

A few questions.

1. What is the clearbra coverage? Entire front? Partial?

2. Can you please update the posts? I am not seeing the interior pictures (presumably the broken links are links to interior pictures?)

3. Did you ever run a paint meter over the panels to confirm original paint?

4. Any rust?
    01 740iL Manual Conversion pending
    06 M3 6 speed CB/black ZCP 6speed
    17 Ford Focus RS Tehsmurf
    21 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro green trashbag 6 speed
    21 JLUR Sarge Green/black 6 speed
    21 Subaru STI WRC Blue with Recaro

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17
    Hi there,

Thank you for your interest. Answers in bold font next to your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by stuka View Post
    Awesome car.

A few questions.

1. What is the clearbra coverage? Entire front? Partial? Partial goes about 18" back from hood leading edge.

2. Can you please update the posts? I am not seeing the interior pictures (presumably the broken links are links to interior pictures?) ​I'm going to have to work on that as thanks to Comcast they killed their picture hosting and gave you no way to archive your pictures. I'll definitely get to it, starting with interior pictures.

3. Did you ever run a paint meter over the panels to confirm original paint? Nope, I could not see any sign of paint, no record on the carfax, but one lesson I learned over 20 years ago was that BMW would do port repair if a car was damaged in shipment and would not disclose it. I am not saying this happened to this car, what I am saying is that a paint cage can show variations in paint not disclosed to a buyer anywhere in purchase / ownership experience.

4. Any rust?
    None

Thank you.

Steve

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17
    January 11, 2017 Update

I was just contacted by someone with a long term interest in my car, and I thought I would update my ad to say the car is for sale. The price listed is pretty much a bottom line price. You will note in the pictures the car shows with the 17" Throwing Stars (currently on the car) and the 16" Schnitzers, which have Dunlop Winter tires mounted on them, although the car is not really driven in winter, I have a set just to be prepared. The current mileage is 74,000 and all service is current.

My Cars
    2004 R32, 2011 A4 Avant
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Z1 View Post
    January 11, 2017 Update

I was just contacted by someone with a long term interest in my car, and I thought I would update my ad to say the car is for sale. The price listed is pretty much a bottom line price. You will note in the pictures the car shows with the 17" Throwing Stars (currently on the car) and the 16" Schnitzers, which have Dunlop Winter tires mounted on them, although the car is not really driven in winter, I have a set just to be prepared. The current mileage is 74,000 and all service is current.
    Sorry, i seem to have missed your asking price... did it get edited out accidentally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17
    No problems, it's kind of buried in the initial post.

"Price is holding at $19,000.
    (
    Price already lowered)"

Quote Originally Posted by KSEADUB View Post
    Sorry, i seem to have missed your asking price... did it get edited out accidentally?

My Cars
    2004 R32, 2011 A4 Avant
    It's such a beautiful car. I was not aware that the sport seats came with arm rests! Good luck with your sale sir.

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17
    Thanks!!

They were not a factory option but ironically the seat frames are pre-setup for the armrests.

I followed some online directions and did the installation myself. It was not that hard.

Cheers,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by KSEADUB View Post
    It's such a beautiful car. I was not aware that the sport seats came with arm rests! Good luck with your sale sir.

My Cars
    2004 R32, 2011 A4 Avant
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Z1 View Post
    Thanks!!

They were not a factory option but ironically the seat frames are pre-setup for the armrests.

I followed some online directions and did the installation myself. It was not that hard.

Cheers,

Steve
    Neat! Thats definitely a mod i haven't seen before.

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17
    I actually found the how to instructions on this site.

Here you go.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...mrest-Retrofit

My Cars
    '71 2002, 1989 325i(sold) 1983 Alpina B6 2.8
    Subscribed. Looking for an exceptional e34. Keeping an eye on this.

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17
    Cool, please fee free to contact me with any questions.

Steve

sdiamond59@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vtbimmer View Post
    Subscribed. Looking for an exceptional e34. Keeping an eye on this.

My Cars
    E36M3, E92M3
    This is a gorgeous example. I will be watching as well.
    INSTAGRAM: jellismotorwerks

My Cars
    E36M3, E92M3
    Sent you an email
    INSTAGRAM: jellismotorwerks

My Cars
    '92 325iC, 99 Z3M
    I love this car! Spectacular.
    1987 325is Zinneberot 5spd totally stock multiple show winner
    1992 325iC M-Technic factory appearance package, Diamantschwarz metallic, black nappa leather, black top, Dinan chip, K&N CAI, Remus exhaust
    1997 528i Schwartz II, 5spd stick daily driver
    1999 M Roadster, Dakar Yellow II, Dinan Stage 3, Dinan CAI, Dinan throttle body, Redline driveline, LiquiMoly 5w40 engine, BC Racing BR coilovers, Motion Motorsport under panel, S54 radiator and fan delete, BavSound speakers, Kenwood CD/iPod/aux/Bluetooth
    2001 Z3 3.0i coupe, Sapphire Black, auto (dang), suede headliner, LeatherZ sunroof screen
    2016 228i, Sapphire Black, 6 speed, M Sport Package
    1993 325iC, Schwarz II, custom leather, Bilstein HDs, Ansa sport, Royal Purple engine and driveline SOLD
    1997 318ti Active, Bostongruen, daily driver SOLD

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by xeler8 View Post
    Sent you an email
    - - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the kind words.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by e30topdown View Post
    I love this car! Spectacular.

My Cars
    540i/6 M-sport GA65474
    It's just a few days away, but it would be super nice to see this car at the Vintage in Asheville, NC!
    5 series will be the featured car this year and I trust there will be some nice ones there.

I think it may be time to revisit 5er ownership- could bring my checkbook and you could fly home!
    Last edited by gixxerboy63; 05-09-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Gone but not forgotten:
    '95 540i/6 M-Sport. GA65474. Alpineweiss/Parchment.
    Supercharger project

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17
    May 13, 2019 Update

I have been recently contacted by several people with interest in my car, and I thought I would update my ad to say the car can be purchased. The price listed has been updated to reflect a strong market and my devotion to maintaining the car to the highest standards.. You will note in the pictures the car shows with the 17" Throwing Stars (currently on the car) and the 16" Schnitzers, which have Dunlop Winter tires mounted on them, although the car is not really driven in winter, I have a set just to be prepared. The current mileage is 76,000 and all service is current. I will need to double check the mileage as I just moved the car to my storage garage. The car is on a battery tender and comes with a new BMW OEM cover.

Hi all,

Selling my 1995 BMW Sport. Its one of the true 135 manual ( 6 speeds) and is one of the nicest ones left. Sometimes this car is referred to as the "M-Sport" or 540i with M sport Package. I have been a BMW owner and car club member for almost 40 years and this is by far one of the best BMW's I have ever owned.

I do have a current Autocheck and no accidents are verified on this.

Questions people have asked me:

All the panels are original and as far as I know, so is the paint except for the replaced front spoiler. There is no rust and the car was always garaged by myself and the previous owner. I am sure of that. Most likely the original owner garaged he car too.

The car was seldom driven in the winter and there is no rust. All owners are known to have other daily drivers (myself included).

I am a BMW owner / enthusiast for 40 years, yikes where did the time go. I am a BMWCCA member for 30+ years. I created the BMW Owners Loyalty program for the BMWCCA with BMWNA in 1994. I am totally passionate about cars and BMW in particular.

Back to the car:

It has 76,000 miles and has been obsessively maintained. Note mileage can change as I drive the car about once a week.

I truly think I have taken care of every area of concern that our enthusiast community thinks about.

Here is a short list:

• EDC shocks. I think I have the very last set of factory new shocks installed in front (less than 2000 miles ago). The rears were also replaced with a nice low mileage used set, as well as the installation of new accumulators and and other rear SLS hoses. Also installed recently new rear rotors and brake pads.

• Cooling system. New primary and secondary water pumps as well as the radiator replaced.

• Replaced front spoiler with new spoiler as well as new glass for the low beam headlights. Flawless paint of the front spoiler only.

• Rest of paint is original along with proper VIN tags on each panel.

• Original block, no compression/leak down issues.

• Installed factory front armrests for the sport seats.

• Have the original throwing star wheels with like new tires. I will post pictures later.

• Installed factory rear reading lights with the factory correct 95 lights that have a very specific harness. Only available in Europe.

• Factory options: ASC+T, Heated Seats, CD Changer and Cell Phone

• M5 black rear filler plate trim

• Light window tint

• Front Clear Bra

• Front interior lights upgraded with LED theatre lights like later model BMW's, nice touch

• Center counsel BMW drink holder, slightly modified to hold better is available. I removed from the car. Some pictures might show it still installed.

• Previous owner installed rear M badge, I can live with it. You can delete it.

• After I bought the car I discovered it has a built in radar detector, I never use it, but it does work fine.

• Hidden A2DP Bluetooth transmitter so your Bluetooth enabled phone connects through the radio.

This is one of the lowest mile, original best maintained 540i's left.

Priced at $23,000.

For more information on the 540i M-Sport Please see Charlie's webpage at:

http://www.kindel.com/bmw/m540_info.htm

Thank you for your interest.

Steve

sdiamond59@gmail.com

Attachment 590310
    Last edited by Steve Z1; 05-13-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12