Thread: Chuck Stickley / CSS Motorsports

My Cars
    1988 Alpine White E30 M3

Chuck Stickley / CSS Motorsports

Does anyone know if Chuck Stickley is still building engines? Both his phone number and company website are no longer working. I need to rebuild my engine and since I am in Philadelphia, if he is still around, he's not too far from me. Thanks.

Current Stable:
    2016 Cayman GT4
    1995 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow (NASA GTS2)
    1994 E36 325i (AER)
    1988 E30 M3 (Alpine White)

My Cars
    2002, e30 M3, 535
    Quote Originally Posted by vchau76 View Post
    Does anyone know if Chuck Stickley is still building engines? Both his phone number and company website are no longer working. I need to rebuild my engine and since I am in Philadelphia, if he is still around, he's not too far from me. Thanks.
    Hi Vinh

Emailing from the airport. Chuck now lives in Canada, happily married with Dominic. They are about 50 miles from me. Chuck now lives quietly as a gentleman farmer in Hawkesbury, Ontario, and loves every bit of it. All his shop equipment is stored in a fellow racer's barn near Philly if I am not mistaken. There still are many, many of his bulletproof motors being raced in North America but he won't build more. It is definitely a loss for the racing community.

Lee
    1969 2002 racecar + 1989 e30 M3 racecar

My Cars
    1988 Alpine White E30 M3
    Hey lee, thanks for the info. Yeah I thought he might have left the business after not seeing any more posts about him that wasn't newer then 2008 or so. Living on a farm in Canada definitely sounds like a nice reprieve from demands of racing.

Current Stable:
    2016 Cayman GT4
    1995 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow (NASA GTS2)
    1994 E36 325i (AER)
    1988 E30 M3 (Alpine White)

My Cars
    8 BMW's & a Ford p/u
    Good for Chuck, bad for us!

the m50 IT race motor he build for me was amazing. 7+ years of racing 12 weekends a year. never opened it up, no loss of power. set the Summit Point ITR track record on the last weekend i raced it.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Ahh the mystery is answered. I've got a 2.9 stroker he built for the previous owner and I wanted to ask a few questions to him. I could probably get the answers through other sources but good to know he's enjoying life. Marshall- great testimonial- hope I can say the same once I get going.

My Cars
    335i
    What motor do you need built? An M50 based engine?

My Cars
    '98 ti (M powered)
    Dead thread but has anyone been in contact with him? I was just directed to him and found this thread thanks to the wonders of Google...

He needn't bend any wrenches for me; I'm just looking for some recipes. I heard he is 'the guy' for the S52 platform.
    "Speed's just a question of money. How fast you 'wanna go?"

PM me for E36 engine swap books and BMW ETMs! NOW SHIPPING!!!

My Cars
    2002, e30 M3, 535
    Quote Originally Posted by tiMASTER View Post
    Dead thread but has anyone been in contact with him? I was just directed to him and found this thread thanks to the wonders of Google...

He needn't bend any wrenches for me; I'm just looking for some recipes. I heard he is 'the guy' for the S52 platform.
    Chuck was indeed the best builder when it came to the S50 motors. And he was a hell of a driver too.
    He has since then totally retired. Some of his equipment is in a barn in Pennsylvania I think, while he now lives not too far from Montreal on my side of the border. Happily married with Dominic Valois who used to be a great e30 M3 racer in BMWCCA Club Racing. They are now grooming dogs for competition. ;-)
    1969 2002 racecar + 1989 e30 M3 racecar

My Cars
    '98 ti (M powered)
    Man. I'm certainly happy for him but obviously disappointed.

Any idea if he had any employees or apprentices who might be willing/able to share anything?

My Cars
    335i
    What are you guys looking to know? I've built my fair share of M50 based motors....last one I did was a 3.0, 283whp with mild cams, stock ports, 68mm throttle body. The longevity out of that motor is staggering, going on it's 11th season with only 1 head refresh...still the original pistons & rings. That dyno number was after 5 seasons of racing and right after the first head refresh.

My Cars
    '98 ti (M powered)
    I'm looking for more or less what you described... pm me or carry on here I guess.